•  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

ALLIED CAMPAIGN

m5xk.png

DIFFICULTY SPREADSHEET

Allies 01 - Red Dawn Rising

There are 3 hotspots to defend, control them at all costs till Soviet attacks are massive and hard to beat. When Kirovs are on their way towards buildings, take out the infantry from occupied buildings and all units near them. There are also attacks to the backdoor of the Pentagon.

Allies 02 - Eagles Fly Free

Quite easy mission if you know how to approach, you must also stay focused to don't let Tanya killed. Soft a bit the Soviet base using the infantry on hills and rush inside with a Bulldog spam, there is no other option to finish that mission.

Allies 03 - Road Trippin'

One word - hotkeys. Use your Stormchilds wisely and the mission is not a problem at all.

Allies 04 - Heaven and Hell (no mission accomplished in Beta Revision 1)

Might get really hard - and it's hard, the key to win is to abuse autoheal of your units to maximum and be caucious all the time. Micro your rocketeers to use them at the max efficiency - when the base building part starts, be ready for the first attack wave of Rhinos, infantry and especially Borillos which can decimate you very fast. Use the backdoor to destroy Soviet CY.

Allies 05 - Bad Apple

Micro your units carefully and don't lose the Engineers + Abrams at all costs - look at them all the time to avoid losing them by accident. Create 3-4 groups to fill your Voyager transports and send them to occupy some civilian buildings. Scouting is the key to win here. Remember that timer starts just after your units are deployed from transports.

Allies 06 - Beautiful Mind

Very hard for newcomers, it is the first really tough mission in Mental Omega 3.0 Allied campaign. Hotkey your naval units, when on ground, look on your minimap all the time and be ready for Borillo attacks - they carry some infantry like Tesla Troopers and Ivans. One Borillo attack is spawned just near your base to the south, so be ready! You can destroy Iron Curtain either using ground, air or naval units but you must have both Aircraft Carriers alive.

Allies 07 - Hammer To Fall (rather Hate To Fail)

Allies 08 - Wrong Side

Allies 09 - Zero Signal

Be aggressive. Control 2 of the Artillery Bunkers, take the derrick and move your mirages with Cavaliers to the point in the east of map to destroy Stalin's Fist and a pack of 9 Qilin Tanks - with luck and positioning you will be able to take out Qilins in 2-3 seconds. There are also Rhino drops right in the center of your base so few GGIs will take care of them. Control the hill near Soviet base, Enforcers and Snipers are excellent for this mission, don't let them killed. Remember that first you must take out the Nuke Silo, then eliminate Soviets and take control of Radar Domes. SCUDs are your the worst problem here, Artillery bunkers and some infantry might help.

Allies 10 - The Gardener

Allies 11 - Panic Cycle

It was the most hated Allied mission during the closed beta stages, this time it's affordable to accomplish. Hotkeys are your main friend here, also it would be handy to defend these barracks near your base because it's a some sort of outpost to destroy Chinese units faster. Gather your army and finish both of the bases, and don't let the spies enter your base at all costs.

Allies 12 - Sunlight

WALL YOUR GLADIUS AT START - Borillos won't hurt them because they can't shoot over the walls. There are several waves to destroy, your biggest issues are to deal with Kirovs and Dreadnoughts which are going straight to destroy your Gladius systems. After several waves (and paradrops near your base, look at the Chitzkoi and Volkov!) the mission will get much easier.

COOP MISSIONS

Allies 01 - Good Old Times

Allies 02 - Impersonal War

Allies 03 - Enforcers

Allies 04 - Attack On Buggy

Allies 05 - Blut Royale

Allies 06 - Monster Madness

Edited by Martinoz, 01 January 2014 - 01:24 PM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#2 Acceleratio

Acceleratio
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

Great work man! Thank you so much

#3 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

SOVIET CAMPAIGN

k40e.png

Soviet 01 - Bleed Red

Soviet 02 - Golden Gate

Soviet 03 - Happy Birthday

Soviet 04 - Side Effect

Soviet 05 - Peace Treaty

Soviet 06 - The Recharger

Soviet 07 - Idle Gossip

Soviet 08 - Death From Above

Soviet 09 - Road To Nowhere

Soviet 10 - The Lunatic

Soviet 11 - Unshakeable

Soviet 12 - Dragonstorm

COOP MISSIONS

Soviet 01 - Burned Alive

Soviet 02 - Role Reversal

Soviet 03 - Repentance

Soviet 04 - Lights Out

Soviet 05 - Thunder God

Soviet 06 - Ego Ergo Hax

Edited by Martinoz, 13 January 2014 - 05:49 PM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#4 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

I like how at the moment you have not posted Panic Cycle. That one should be in high demand. :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#5 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

EPSILON CAMPAIGN

EPSILON 01 - PEACEKEEPER

EPSILON 02 - ACCELERANT

EPSILON 03 - SCRAPYARD

EPSILON 04 - SHIPWRECK

EPSILON 05 - HUMAN SHIELD

EPSILON 06 - LANDLOCKED

EPSILON 07 - THINK DIFFERENT

EPSILON 08 - WARRANTY VOID

EPSILON 09 - KILLING FIELDS

EPSILON 10 - FOCUS SHIFT

EPSILON 11 - SINGULARITY

EPSILON 12 - MOONLIGHT

COOP CAMPAIGN

Epsilon 01 - Television Lies

Epsilon 02 - Retaliation

Epsilon 03 - Cornered

Epsilon 04 - Rainmaker

Epsilon 05 - Brain Reset

Epsilon 06 - Rush Tactics

Edited by Martinoz, 16 January 2014 - 09:10 AM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#6 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

Added Panic Cycle and Wrong Side in the first post, only Hammer To Fall remained :)

7fqd2Qz.png

#7 Bobby-Wan Kenobi

Bobby-Wan Kenobi
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Nice. Really great work man.

#8 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Updated the first post - Hammer to Fall for the Allies what means that the Allied campaign has been completed. It was the only mission I wasn't able (or patient enough) to complete on normal, while on easy I blitzed it during my first play. There are also two Soviet missions, Lunatic video might be handy.

7fqd2Qz.png

#9 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

Updated the first post with S01 Bleed Red, S04 Side Effect (Mission is bugged in this beta revision 1) and S09 Road To Nowhere (capture both ACCs - they have got unlimited range!)

7fqd2Qz.png

#10 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

Side Effect is bugged? I think that was the best mission of the mod so far, I actually had fun and the level didn't want me to screw over all the time. So whatever that bug is, I think it's a feature. :p

#11 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

If the Allies don't build a War Factory in that mission you can't win it.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#12 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

Yup, if the AI gets stuck and doesn't build War Factory or you manage to destroy the base before WF is built, there is no mission accomplished whatever you do.

7fqd2Qz.png

#13 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

Hmm that's strange, I thought every level is set to "all enemy units must be destroyed", because on Easy, when I destroy all important structures of the enemy, it just sells all buildings and tries to rush me. That happened in Side Effect as well.

#14 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

No, all missions have got different triggers to set mission accomplished. Sellout is made when all important structures like Power Plants, Barracks, War Factories, CY etc. are lost. Then AI sends all the units towards your base.

7fqd2Qz.png

#15 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

Uploaded the first post with S02 Golden Gate, S03 Happy Birthday and S05 Peace Treaty

7fqd2Qz.png

#16 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

Edited the first post with S07 Idle Gossip, S08 Death From Above and S12 Dragonstorm. Unshakeable would be a very long request to make :D

7fqd2Qz.png

#17 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

Try Singularity. :D

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#18 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

I like those tables you did about the missions. I think those could be used to simplify the "research" going into balancing the difficulty of the levels more. I think they should all start at Easy, going upwards, with the final ones as Very Hard; Extremely Hard levels being eliminated, restricting them to ACT 2 (and probably only on Normal and Mental, never on Easy).

Otherwise, I'm glad that at least I can watch the missions, if I cannot play them. Though, I don't like that the end message is missing from most of the playthroughs (though I admit that those would be spoilers, but well... yeah).

#19 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

I think that difficulty might stay with some tweaks (The Dragonstorm is way easier than previous three Soviet missions). These very & extremely hard missions tagged by me might have some tweaks but they are really beatable, and there is an evidence made by me, they just need much more practice, learning attack patterns and using hotkeys than other missions.

7fqd2Qz.png

#20 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

The problem with that attitude that it might work for specific people, but for the majority of the casuals won't, because, well, they are casuals, and most likely for a reason (like the lack of time to dedicate for a single, cruel game).

What I also found is that the missions sometimes are oddly specific, made for the map designer themselves, not for a wide variety of players with different tactics and playstyles.

Simply put: casuals don't want to practice or learn attack patterns and specific optional gameplay features, they want to beat the game with their own ingenuity, tactics and pace, rather than a set of actions that must be done precisely and perfectly. People do that as their job or in school, not for fun.

I think -at least- Easy should be heavily rebalanced for the casual player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users