#1 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:13 AM

This topic will be last bit of support for Return of Shadow and will take a bit of time to finish so I'll add to this over time.

It's going to be a bit rough and random for now.

Basic installation of version 0.165

Patch your game to 1.03

First download and install version 0.15 (the mod must be installed in My Battle for Middle-Earth Files)

Next download and install version 0.16 and overwrite any files prompted

Next download and install version 0.165 and overwrite any files prompted.

If needed download the 32bit Patch check shortcuts and install.

-This is for 32 bit Windows 7 users and people using custom installs to fix an issue with auto patch checker.

Common Tips for Common problems:

Run the launcher as admin if you have Windows UAC enabled also set the game to run as admin and same for Worldbuilder if you use it.

- Sometimes this fixes some issues people have.

Use the latest version including the latest launcher.

The launcher for 0.16 is different from the one in 0.15 it automatically sets the game directory location by looking in the registry but this always fool proof.

If the launcher can't find the directory (the launcher will always show the set directory when launching) try the launcher from 0.15 and set it manually.

Install the game to the default directory

-This one is optional but recommended it lessens the chance of issues with the launcher.

Check the Launcher-

The launcher has a few tools and features to help with troubleshooting.

When launching it will show the game directory that has been set check that this matches the actual directory.

The launcher also has a basic log for checking if certain files are not being moved check roslog.txt in the mod folder, ignore the entry without the date and with the dates set as .06/01/2014 (left over from my testing) and see if there's new entries if there is (ie: lwrart2 didn't move Mon 06/11/2014 15:16:04.79) this means the launcher couldn't find the files and either the files were missing or the directory isn't set properly.

If all else fails reinstall

Common Issues:

Game crashes after running previously

If the game crashes but has run before this is probably an issue with the asset.dat will sometimes go missing.

To fix this inside the My Battle for Middle-Earth Files folder is a file called assetbackup.7z (you'll need 7zip) and extract asset.safe to the folder mentioned before.

The launcher will automatically replace the missing asset.dat next launch.

FAQ

Q:Does the mod change the campaign?

A:Minor changes but is pretty much unsupported and unfinished.

Q:Does this mod support T3A:Online

A:Yes and the launcher has been made to factor in T3A:Online.

Q:Does this mod work with patches 1.04, 1.05 or 1.06?

A:1.04 and 1.05 should work fine, I haven't tested with 1.06 but I don't foresee any issues

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users