• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:06 AM

This truck can be found almost directly East of the Hammer Defense revealed at the beginning, on an elevated area surrounded by a few civilian buildings (ramp is accessed further south). When approached, the driver will say "Are you from the army? Are you here for the girl?" Then, a strange energy burst (similar to iron curtain's firing effect) comes from the truck and it shakes a bit. What's up with this truck? Who's "the girl?"

#2 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

Libra?

#3 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:01 AM

This truck can be found almost directly East of the Hammer Defense revealed at the beginning, on an elevated area surrounded by a few civilian buildings (ramp is accessed further south). When approached, the driver will say "Are you from the army? Are you here for the girl?" Then, a strange energy burst (similar to iron curtain's firing effect) comes from the truck and it shakes a bit. What's up with this truck? Who's "the girl?"

My first tought would be that it's an easter egg, and the "girl" is a hostage held in the truck.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#4 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:06 AM

There's an unnatural energy burst that rocks the truck though. I thought Libra too, but what would she be doing in a Chinese truck?

#5 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

Holy crap.

It's Yuriko.

bannerfans_16571832.png

#6 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

Yunru

7fqd2Qz.png

#7 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

Yunri. :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#8 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

The Psicorps don't really have much of a nationality and she could of been transported for some other location to China. Really there isn't much of a reason that she wouldn't be in China, even if there isn't much of a reason why she would.

Of course, it could also be Yunru as Martinoz suggested. The energy burst being one of her inventions. (Although you'd think being confined, she wouldn't have such tools on hand.)

#9 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

Yunru

Is that an official statement as a team member or speculation? I'm just wondering about the Libra part because I've been hoping that she gets an introduction and explanation on how she came about (maybe even taking part?). Not like Tanya or Morales, where they just show up. She's probably not a lab creation like Volkov or Rahn. Has to have some kind of origin.

#10 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:20 AM

Yunru is a Chinese hero, and she doesn't make an appearance in campaign till a Soviet mission where you have to destroy Psychic Beacon in same location so... all the signs on Earth show it's Yunru.

7fqd2Qz.png

#11 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:25 AM

So the Chinese don't have her as under control as I originally thought. I knew about her appearance in The Lunatic. Just assumed she was mind controlled (heroes are historically still vulnerable to bigger mind control weapons like beacons and dominators).

#12 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

It's not Yunru. Yunru has been working with the Chinese for quite a while by the time Warranty Void happens.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#13 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

*checks Yunru off*

I wonder who, then. Possibly Libra.... I don't know. Maybe she was picked up by the Chinese due to her gifts, and being as secretive and double-crossing as they are, kept it secret from their allies so they could possibly create their own "Yuri equivalent" and not rely on Russia for mind control tech. Yuri by chance discovers her and takes her with when the PsiCorps is leaving the area after handing the beacon over to the rebels. There's my two cents.

#14 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

*checks Yunru off*

I wonder who, then. Possibly Libra.... I don't know. Maybe she was picked up by the Chinese due to her gifts, and being as secretive and double-crossing as they are, kept it secret from their allies so they could possibly create their own "Yuri equivalent" and not rely on Russia for mind control tech. Yuri by chance discovers her and takes her with when the PsiCorps is leaving the area after handing the beacon over to the rebels. There's my two cents.

There is a slight problem with this: As much as we know Lira, she is not asian, Either by appearance, or by her accent. Ok, perhaps Japanese. But definetaly not Chinese.

Edited by Divine, 22 May 2014 - 09:38 PM.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#15 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:52 PM

Abducted in the Chinese invasion of Japan?

#16 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:01 AM

For some reason, I always tought that she is from Europe. I guess it's because her in game voice lacks any typical asian / russian accent.

#17 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:06 AM

Accents don't really mean much. Confederation hijackers (will be SC next update but still) have American accents, and the accents of vanilla game units that used to be universal don't all match up with their new subfactions.

#18 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:35 AM

As I mentioned, if she's being smuggled around, then she could effectively appear anywhere in the world. There is nothing to say she's from China or Japan. She could be from the Middle East or Eastern Europe and has just been transported this far because she's been kidnapped for some Chinese program.

#19 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

Yunru doesn't seem to have an Asian accent either, so...

I'm pretty sure it's Libra, since you find the truck with the Epsilon.

#20 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

Complains regarding Yunru's voice accent shall be forwarded to Namco-Bandai, considering that the VA did a more than great job of imitating the placeholder voiceset used at her - which according to them was Korean.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users