Cant start coop game Ra3

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Humbord

Humbord
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

I still got a problem. Me and my bro updated C&C:Online to 2.0.5 and trying to play coop campaign again - but the game wont start. He joins the lobby, points *ready* after briefing, i'm trying to start the game, but it gives me an error. I cant translate it properly to english, but it's close to: 

Connecting or connecting error detected. Wait until connecting finishes or kick the player with connection issues. 
Trying to connect... Failing... 

1-2

I tried to invite random guy to 1v1 skirmish - it says the same. Connection 1-2 error or smth like that... We are using same Int provider with router. And played a lot before Ra3 servers went offline (27.07), but right now cant start the game... 

Something like that. Any way to fix that? I didnt configured the port. 

Attached Files

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

Are you 100% sure that you and the other player are using version 2.0.5 of the launcher?

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 Humbord

Humbord
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

Y. Help-> About Says so. As well as mine...

#4 Humbord

Humbord
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

I found topics with the same problem, which were posted long time ago, but no solution whatsoever... This 1-2 probably says that i have troubles with second player, and if there were more, then it would be 1-2-3 and so on... But i didnt get this kind of error before! We played a little bit, when gamespy was still on, and played before 27... So i dont know what to do...

#5 Humbord

Humbord
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

So, um... any tips?

#6 Septim

Septim
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

got the same problem :S

#7 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

got the same problem :S

Are you and your friend on C&C:Online 2.0.5?

#8 Septim

Septim
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

yes. both use C&C:online 2.0.5 but only get the connection message.

#9 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

Can you tell me the exact time this happened? If you don't remember, reproduce the error and tell me.

#10 Humbord

Humbord
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

It happens when u are in the lobby, choosing difficulty (campaign) or color, nation, position (in skirmish).The error comes out right after pressing start button. It's in chat window with white text colour. So in other words - the final step, when all u have to do is start the game, wait the countdown, and then , after loading screen - play. But... looks like something wrong. 

Edited by Humbord, 28 July 2014 - 05:41 PM.

#11 Septim

Septim
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

same with the co op. last step in the lobby.. but i got to play one game. all of the sudden.. then the next map.. same problem

#12 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:38 PM

Yes, but the latest launcher version fixed this issue for most (including Phil and myself). So we need an exact time (down to the minute) of when this happened. That way we can easily pinpoint your connection attempt and compare them to see if there's anything off.

#13 Humbord

Humbord
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

22:49. just now tried to start the game - and got the error message again. (or 6:49 for you)

Edited by Humbord, 28 July 2014 - 06:50 PM.

#14 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

20:49 for me. :p

Ok, noted. Phil will see this and investigate when he has time.

#15 Liviuuuu

Liviuuuu
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

Same thing here at 9:53 PM (EST + 7) - me and a friend, both using the latest launchers.

#16 Septim

Septim
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

campaign - new game- coop - friend list- invite Astrax from my friends list - pick map - he ready up. and then we get Connections are in progress, or connection problem detected. Okease wait for the connection to finish, or kick the player who has the connection problem. connection in progress: 1-2

we have turned off our firewall. we have tryed to wait for the connection, spam the play button. we got it to work one time on the first map. but not again. and i tryed to invite a random, and then all of the sudden it worked once again... 20:59 is the time btw

#17 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

campaign - new game- coop - friend list- invite Astrax from my friends list - pick map - he ready up. and then we get Connections are in progress, or connection problem detected. Okease wait for the connection to finish, or kick the player who has the connection problem. connection in progress: 1-2

we have turned off our firewall. we have tryed to wait for the connection, spam the play button. we got it to work one time on the first map. but not again. and i tryed to invite a random, and then all of the sudden it worked once again... 20:59 is the time btw

If it worked with someone else, it sounds like the problem's on your friend's side. Does he have port 16000 activated in his RA3 settings? If so, that's the problem.

#18 Septim

Septim
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

i dont have anything in my port but he had 21000,, does that tell you anything?

#19 Septim

Septim
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

21000 was on his modem. ingame he does not have anything in his port

#20 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

I suggest he forwards port 16000 (but don't add it to the ingame interface). For information on port forwarding: 

http://portforward.c...ort_forwarding/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users