Photo

Problems in RA3, KW, TW, Can play with others But others cannot enter to my matches (Show them "Host had left the game")

[red alert3] [kanes wrath] [tiberium wars]

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Egozi44

Egozi44
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:05 PM

Hello there

I Having a issue with C&C Online with all the games it supports (RA3, TW, KW) I didn't test it with Generals or with GZH but I assume it will be the same

All the C&C games I have are the Normal version (No steam, The Ultimate Collection, The First Decade, Origin)

The issue I have is strange, I don't have any issues to log in the game or play with others (unless I use my EA's account name which C&C online seem to reject)  

But when I the one that host a room no one can enter to it, in RA3 players see "the host had left the game" message each time they try to enter to it, and in KW and TW they see some error with number (don't recall the number)

I don't have a router (using modem) so it not blocking it, what I tried and didn't work: 

To open ports or add C&C Online to windows firewall.

To turn off the windows firewall.

To turn off the antivirus which don't have any firewall (just in case..)

To open C&C online as administer

To reinstall C&C online

And other stuff which I don't remember anymore.

I don't have this issue with other games that I play online AND I NEVER had that issue when I played RA3 and KW in the original Gamespy's servers which made me suspect that it may be a issue with C&C online itself

The error log file don't show anything from KW and don't seem to name any issue.

I use dialer  (I request it from the ISP since I love to have the option to switch IPs on the fly... and Yea I tried to put them on RA3 and I still had the issue)

So maybe C&C online don't work well with it since it a old method?  (It may be completely unrelated of course...) 

I using WIN7 SP1 and use C&C online with Hocking

Attached Files

Edited by Egozi44, 20 August 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#2 Egozi44

Egozi44
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

So... no one know what cause it?

#3 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

Do you have Hamachi/Tunngle/Evolve installed? That might conflict with your connection.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf, 22 August 2014 - 08:03 PM.

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#4 Egozi44

Egozi44
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

Nope, I do have GameRanger and Garena though but they don't install adopter like Hamachi/Tunngle/Evolve nor working in the background

(I never set them to auto start when windows start, and they don't show any of their process in the process manger.. which means that they are off) 

Edited by Egozi44, 22 August 2014 - 10:23 PM.

#5 Egozi44

Egozi44
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

So I guess that I can forget about C&C for the time being then? :(

#6 Egozi44

Egozi44
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

Sigh : o

#7 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:12 AM

Why forget, at least you can play with others, just your own host does not work?

There can be several issues causing the problem, and we can not exclude a server problem either. I would suggest you join others while the problem lasts, and we will see whether future server updates fix the problem or whether it has some reason on your end.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#8 Egozi44

Egozi44
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

Why forget, at least you can play with others, just your own host does not work?

There can be several issues causing the problem, and we can not exclude a server problem either. I would suggest you join others while the problem lasts, and we will see whether future server updates fix the problem or whether it has some reason on your end.

There's anything I can do to help you pinpoint the issue?

I suspect that C&C online don't support something such as dialer or my network driver, my friends have ton of apps such as Hamachi/Tunngle/Evolve include GameRanger and Garena and don't have any issue (they from my country and uses the same ISP and some of them don't even have Original C&C games... and it still work for them like a charm)

and as for what you said about enter other's games ....  

there are few people who open games,

It made it harder to play co-op in ra3 for me

I have more then 200 maps in C&C and I can't use them since I can't host...

And yea... I can't host... means that I can't open the game with my own rules

It annoy to have so many limitations

Edited by Egozi44, 30 August 2014 - 11:28 PM.

#9 Egozi44

Egozi44
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

Here updated change log

it shows:

"*** Starting hostname hooking routine ***
Injecting DLL into game.dat process...
Result of injection: Code -1073741582"

Maybe it will help?

Attached Files

#10 Egozi44

Egozi44
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:08 PM

Ok, I discovered that the issue most likely occur because your program don't support dialer  (your know, that thing that let me log in and off the net and have dynamic IP)

GameSpy supported it and so all the rest of the games I playing (Never had issue like this before)

So can you please take my thread seriously and fix that issue?

thanks

#11 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

A dynamic IP address really shouldn't make a difference to the server itself. Maybe your ISP has some different filtering or routing policies due to your "dialer"?

Unfortunately we don't have the manpower to look into this specific problem on the server side at the moment.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users