#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:03 AM

Assuming that the final Hobbit movie doesn't bring any major news to the table, the last model in need of modeling for SEE's Misty Mountains faction (former Moria faction), is Bolg. However, it's very hard to find good images of him. I got head covered, as well as most of the front, but if anyone have any good screens of his back, please share them here...

Also, I'd be happy to receive tips on what SKL/anims that could fit him best. I want him to use bow and sword toggle, so I guess there's no better choice than Lurtz SKL then, right?

8ygent1.jpg

Edited by Nazgûl, 23 December 2014 - 01:50 AM.
Changed topic name from "Weta's Bolg"

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:35 AM

Screenshots that I collected from DOS.

I cannot seem to find any good back shots either. =/

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 09 September 2014 - 11:21 AM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:35 AM

There should be some of his back. Mostly upper shoulders from the rear during the lake town scenes. I seem to recall there being blades of metal in his back. Kinda arrayed like gills.

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

Right after the Dwarves are picked up by Bard, there's a shot of Bolg's back as he leads the orcs down the river.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#5 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:22 AM

Thanks Mathijs and NJM. =D

I have updated the gallery.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#6 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:36 PM

What the hell is up with those wide angle shots of bolg aproaching azog in dol gulder? In the first couple pics bolg is huge compared to azog... then as he gets closer he shrinks. I assume that in the beginning the camera is closer to bolg and further from azog.

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:15 AM

Great input guys, and awesome image collection MTL! This will help a lot! =) The scene that Mathijs talks about... I seem to recall that involves a ice pan around Bolg's torso, in full daylight, showing his back with all details. You think you could grab some screens from that as well MTL? 

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#8 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:00 PM

Oh yeah, when he says that the Dwarves have found another way to cross the lake. There'll be good details there, I can picture it in my head ;)

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#9 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:13 PM

Here's a good website:

http://screencapped....ndex.php?cat=71

#10 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

http://screencapped....p_display_media <-- starting from that one is the scene I meant.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

Awesome links! That site is like a Mekka of screens... This is the scene I was thinking about:
http://screencapped....p_display_media

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#12 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:02 AM

Thanks to all those screen caps, I was able to get a good start for this model... =)

g3NICxV.jpg

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#13 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:27 AM

oh yeah. looking good.

#14 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

I think the left part of the face should stick more out. Right now it looks like a normal, healthy face with metal straps for no purpose. The metal should really hold the face together, since the face was split by an axe or something. At least, that's how I understand it.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#15 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:36 PM

I understand your point. I just try to follow the screen caps from the movie... The image above didn't have finished detail like this one, that has cracks and serious scars in the face as well as elevated skin/flesh around the metal to make it look like it's really dug into his skull. Perhaps color will emphazise what your after though. Right now I'm working on the weird metal jammed into his torso... But I'm pretty happy with the face. I do like CC (constructive critisism though, so keep it coming) =)

sMt3ykl.jpg

O09FQAl.jpg

Edited by Nazgûl, 14 September 2014 - 11:43 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#16 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:39 AM

Actually, that's not what I meant. Take a look at the image at the top of this page, and you'll see what I mean. I photoshopped a photo below aswell, the right part is kinda what I mean:

see.jpg

Your face is rather symmetrical (apart from the metal), while it should be much more asymmetrical.

edit: Well, looking at images from the film, it's possible it may be just the angle. My comments were based on the original image of this topic, which makes the face look very asymmetrical. Your choice, then :p

Edited by Lauri, 15 September 2014 - 09:42 AM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#17 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

I like how you shaped the right picture Lauri, even if it's not exactly like the film it makes him appear more deformed and menacing even if it's subtle.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#18 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:58 PM

Yeah, thanks for the explanation Lauri =) However I don't see the need for that. I find his face to be pretty symmetrical despite all the injuries, except the part where the metal is sunken into his head, so I'm gonna go with what I got atm and just push that part of the head slighly inwards a bit more  :trickydick:

screenshot50.png

Just finished the weird armor crap

5xxJ4JF.jpg

5xLHaKp.jpg

Edited by Nazgûl, 21 September 2014 - 11:00 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#19 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

Pretty awesome stuff! The armor (hands) on the shoulders looks a bit more metallic defined compared to yours where it looks more organic (?).

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#20 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

The hands are paws from some unknown creature, probably a bear like Beorn or something. So they are organic. The metal plates will look more like metal when painted.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users