C&C Zero Hour ma poor poor baby :(

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pleased

Pleased
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

Just played a little time again  - i was surprised  about 90% of the guys had stats like 2 wins - 17 losses.

Then i realized a few, about 20% of the players, are just spaming humvees.... no creativity no new exotic moves. In everygame 1-2 people are kicking out all the players everytime :D

The only way to survive and maybe win, is to play simcity - bunker style - 

thats the reason why almost every new guy left the game again in about 1or 2 weeks. im just sad about that because of the guys that are working on cnc-online to get this service running and spending days and weeks to get it stable.

i mean, is this really so fun to play like " whoever builds the first humvees/busses wins the game" ? in tournament this is absolutely the way it should be, but in private games?

i know there is a way to play games without that f**** spam it called noob games or noob rules but there is always someone who is spaming and destroying the whole game :(

i am able to play like this too, but its just no fun to play like this in every game. there are so much ways to play/win a game. but the spam of humvee/bus makes the game horrible.

i was just remembering the old days where the online lobby was full of players and you could play the game like it was meant to be, but the more people getting to this humvee/bus thing the more was leaving the game so it is in cnc-online too..

anyway everybody should play like he wants to play. just wanted to write my thoughts in a topic to see if there are some other guys thinking like me 

ws.jpg

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

If it is as prevalent as you say, then yes, that's very annoying.

I'm not sure if anything should/can be done about it. If these games really are imbalanced or gameplay is demonstrably poor, I don't think it's ludicrous to consider developing a balance patch to straighten some things out. This would not be done on Revora, however, but on GameReplays, where the gameplay expertise lies.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:56 PM

A balancing attempt was done with patch 1.06, but I think its popularity fell recently. Indeed, there can be no "exotic" moves with an unbalanced game, though we can occasionally see something new in Kane's Wrath...

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#4 BeHavoc

BeHavoc
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

im not much into zh. i played generals a lot. mostly in 2v2v2 survival. imho generals is the much better game... very good balance, very nice aggressive strats to play. i cant understand why most ppl play zh. to me it seems that in zh is much more noob gameplay than in generals ever was. but maybe i need to get more into zh to learn the right strats and gameplay. time will tell :)

...but i cant understand what is wrong with humvee spam? it should be counterable!? isnt it? or do u mainly mean that ppl bunker and spam? a good player should be able to beat a bunkering one with wide range mobile units and short range mobile units to defend the long range units. but well, its annoying, right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users