#1 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

I found something interesting in the Commandos 2 Demo.

Obviously a programmer at Pyro Studios was experimenting with a 'quick action' feature (if you can remember, Desperados had this feature before).

The code and the minimalistic icons are still in the game, only the references in the file INTERFAZ.MSB were removed (in the demo they were only commented out - this is how I found them).

If you want to enable the feature, copy the attached file into the DATA\INTERFAZ folder. If you select one of your men, the quick action icons should appear.

Attached File  INTERFAZ.zip   7.47KB   201 downloads

#2 AndrewT

AndrewT
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:52 AM

that's a great find, herbert! as far as i can see you can record actions for a single person only, but that's maybe even better as you can time the other persons action. is it possible to move the record and play buttons into a more adequate position maybe?

#3 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:36 PM

Hi Andrew!

You can easily change the position of the buttons by altering the .COORDS attribute of the elements RECBATCH, PLAYBATCH and STOPBATCH.

I guess they even planned to implement a group record function because there are some additional button defintions inside INTERFAZ.MSB: PLAYBATCHGLOBAL & STOPBATCHGLOBAL - but those buttons just don't show up in the game.

I also replaced the ugly placeholder icons with my own. Then I noticed that my icons interfere with the energy/oxygen bar if the resolution is set to 640x480 :xx:  And I thought I was smart because I didn't move the buttons to the place where the invasion button appears.
icons.jpg

Attached File  new_icons.zip   12.26KB   160 downloads

#4 Butcher_The_Killer

Butcher_The_Killer
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

Just a suggestion: change the position of theses buttons, to near the Bonus books button.

#5 wyel2000

wyel2000
  • Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:14 AM

:themenace:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users