changing hero abilities

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 llawehtotsllab

llawehtotsllab
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

Currently i am using the edain mod and using finalbig, i am having a hard time changing hero abilities just looking for some help. Also looking for help on giving hero powers to other heroes such as i wanna give beregond's guardian of the third company ability to theodred. If you have any hints or tips or simple tutorials that would be greatly appreciated thank you.

#2 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

Have you looked on www.the3rdage.net, and checked it out for tutorials? :p

That's usually the first place to go for that kind of stuff :D

Ridder Geel

#3 llawehtotsllab

llawehtotsllab
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:49 PM

Have you looked on www.the3rdage.net, and checked it out for tutorials? :p

That's usually the first place to go for that kind of stuff :D

Yes i did and it didn't have one which was very surprising only had one that showed how to add spellbook powers to heroes. I figured a tutorial of an experienced modder would be very simple to create for heroes and hero powers but they didn't have one. They had one on almost everything but changing hero powers and replacing hero powers. Do you know of any that show you how to replace hero powers or change them? If you do that would be awesome thanks. Also if your the one that created the ridder mod heck of a job i loved bfme1 and the ridder mod was fantastic. Only bad thing was the opponent always building a billion of the same units haha.

Edited by llawehtotsllab, 19 October 2014 - 09:53 PM.

#4 HARBiNG3R

HARBiNG3R
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:51 AM

I am not sure how the Edain Mod is setup but under the RJ Mod you need to go into the commandset.ini and change the commands under the specified hero. If you then want the AI to use it you will need to go to the actual specific hero ini file and edit the ability for it to use.

#5 llawehtotsllab

llawehtotsllab
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:09 AM

I am not sure how the Edain Mod is setup but under the RJ Mod you need to go into the commandset.ini and change the commands under the specified hero. If you then want the AI to use it you will need to go to the actual specific hero ini file and edit the ability for it to use.

Wil the command set ini be in a different location than the hero ini? What i mean is will the commandset.ini for my hero theodred be in his ini? Also thank you for the reply.

#6 HARBiNG3R

HARBiNG3R
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:41 AM

Do a search for the commandset.ini file (for me its in the data folder), once you have found it open it and then search for your hero Theodred in that document, you will see all of the powers allocated to that hero there. Just replace the powers you want from another hero there. After that is done and you have saved the file go look for the Theodred.ini file and update the powers for the AI to use. I hope that clarifies.

Edited by HARBiNG3R, 22 October 2014 - 05:42 AM.

#7 llawehtotsllab

llawehtotsllab
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:13 PM

Do a search for the commandset.ini file (for me its in the data folder), once you have found it open it and then search for your hero Theodred in that document, you will see all of the powers allocated to that hero there. Just replace the powers you want from another hero there. After that is done and you have saved the file go look for the Theodred.ini file and update the powers for the AI to use. I hope that clarifies.

Yes it did greatly appreciated thank you. When using final big if you hit ctrl f and type something in it doesn't find anything and goes to just the bottom of the page any ideas?

Edited by llawehtotsllab, 23 October 2014 - 07:21 AM.

#8 llawehtotsllab

llawehtotsllab
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:15 AM

Forgot to mention i was using finalbig when modding. 

#9 HARBiNG3R

HARBiNG3R
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

I am not very familiar with how that mod is setup, you may need to open the file and see if you can make the changes there.

#10 llawehtotsllab

llawehtotsllab
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:29 PM

I am not very familiar with how that mod is setup, you may need to open the file and see if you can make the changes there.

If i wanted to change a hero from one faction to another what lines of code would i change?

Edited by llawehtotsllab, 23 October 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#11 逊Arathorn妻

逊Arathorn妻
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Projects:W3D-Importer

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:13 AM

You'll find all files you need in _edain_data.big

#12 llawehtotsllab

llawehtotsllab
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:04 PM

You'll find all files you need in _edain_data.big

Ah yes i know that part haha my only question is which line of code would i need to change for a hero to be in another faction. An example would be i want theodred to be apart of gondor also how would i do this?

Edited by llawehtotsllab, 29 October 2014 - 07:04 PM.

#13 -SilverBane-

-SilverBane-

Inactive Noob

• Project Team
  • 474 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Mapper & Coder

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:21 AM

in playertemplate.ini, change buildable heroes

2qm3dd5.jpg

#14 llawehtotsllab

llawehtotsllab
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:34 AM

in playertemplate.ini, change buildable heroes

Would a simple copy and paste work or what else would i need to edit/change ? Basically what i wanna do is move theodred in edain mod to the gondor faction as well.

Edited by llawehtotsllab, 01 November 2014 - 05:36 AM.

#15 -SilverBane-

-SilverBane-

Inactive Noob

• Project Team
  • 474 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Mapper & Coder

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:02 AM

add him in the BuildableHeroes list

2qm3dd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users