15 replies to this topic

#1 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:21 PM

I heard that easy and normal are going to be toned down, because people really suck at this game. Are we talking skirmish AI, or campaign?

TBH, I like the way the difficulty levels in skirmish currently are. Take this:

I'm in skirmish, playing the 8 player map Desperate Measures, 2v2v2v2, but your starting position is as far away from your partner as possible, all the teams are split up so you don't start side by side. This map is great. You've buildings to garrison, tech structures to capture, choke points and bridges everywhere, the paths to get to ones bases are all divided too. The only thing you don't have is navy.

Setting all AIs to normal, it was a great challenge! Perfect practice. The AIs are relentless. I started at the bottom center, but I'm flanked by two enemy AIs (which are not on the same team); they are constantly sending in ground forces, and then you got airforces sent out from everybody. You gotta dig in ASAP (the garrisoning really helps, keeps out basic tanks and soldiers), get dogs/terror drones set up for spies (cause they're everywhere), get money fast, get mobile anti armor, and AA for rocketeers - fuck, you gotta go back and forth, being assaulted on all sides, and manage your Ore Trucks wisely cause they WILL be picked off.

When I do this on mental, it becomes one hell of a click fest and much harder, and meteor shower is insane. I've never managed to get very far in meteor shower. But normal is just the right challenge, just enough breathing room to practice more and test things while still having a hectic match. Usually when I get online no one is on, plus everyone just wants to do one on ones, and thats fucken boring, and no one wants to coop either. Boring ass panzies.

Oh well, I guess the decision has been made. I just hope the AI doesn't loose it's edge, thats all.

#2 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:54 PM

Both of them will be toned down, so players with less or no experience can also enjoy the skirmish games and the campaign on easy.

#3 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:50 PM

Actually now I'm re reading the change log. For skirmish, only the time of the intervals between attack runs will be increased, to allow more breathing room. As long as the AI still uses the same tactics, thats cool. They just wont be swarming you as heavily as right now.

As of right now the AI is really impressive, and always makes you go "For FUCK sake, I'll KILL you, you bastard!", because it can macro like a bitch.

And so for campaign, easy mode will actually be somewhat easy to allow newbs to get a grasp of a mission. I'm a newb for all missions except for the first 4 soviet missions (I stopped playing campaign because at the time there were more ppl online to play with. Now I want to practice more in skirmish, get a good grasp for my fav faction).

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, 24 October 2014 - 06:51 PM.

#4 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:06 PM

As soon as you reach some really nasty missions, you'll think otherwise. This includes: most epsilon missions, Bad Apple, Unshakeable, Hammer to Fall etc.

#5 Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:21 AM

Is it just me or are the Soviet faction AIs significantly harder than the others? (Mainly due to Crazy Ivan attacks, and fleets of Kirovs which just show up out of nowhere).

#6 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:52 AM

I find all three to potentially show up with their A game on a consistent basis. The Allies and their barracudas, chrono tanks/troops,, the Soviets and their Ivans, Kirovs, and Epsilon with their brute hordes, magnetrons.

#7 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

Speaking of the ai.Has anyone actualy beaten a mental ai with full speed?

#8 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:49 AM

Someone surely did. :p

And full speed doesn't equal full speed, as different PCs will have different maximum on fullspeed. On one full speed might be 45fps (making it easy to achieve), on others 250fps.

Edited by mevitar, 26 November 2014 - 11:50 AM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#9 doctormedic

doctormedic

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:06 PM

Someone surely did. :p

And full speed doesn't equal full speed, as different PCs will have different maximum on fullspeed. On one full speed might be 45fps (making it easy to achieve), on others 250fps.

Cough cough

#10 commandoan

commandoan
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:56 PM

Speaking of the ai.Has anyone actualy beaten a mental ai with full speed?

Full Speed? As in game speed 6? Well probs not because I don't think anyone can keep up with speed 6.

I have been Mental AI at game speed 4 before. Takes around 10 minutes.

10534285_885467704801053_1835549331_n_zp

Image made by Tragic Bronson. 

#11 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

That signature is way too big.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#12 4SG

4SG
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:37 PM

It definitely is.

I hate playing at anything less than gamespeed 6, I've always played it at that since TS, and any slower is just unreasonably slow to me, in fact anything less than 90 fps seems to drag on. Mostly why I don't play online. That being said, I think I lose as much as I win against mental AI (maybe even lose more), so its definitely tough enough.

#13 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

:O

10-20fps is normal for me. I guess you won't be playing with/against me anytime soon then. :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#14 doctormedic

doctormedic

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:19 PM

:O

10-20fps is normal for me. I guess you won't be playing with/against me anytime soon then. :p

Will aries have in the future some kind of fps lock?Because 2 pcs can have drasticaly diffirent specs and the players may realize difirent speeds in comparison with eachother.

#15 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:32 PM

No need to add anything new if it always worked ike that. Try to play with someone that can play at 20fps max, you both will play at 20fps (if not lower).

Edited by mevitar, 25 December 2014 - 05:33 PM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#16 doctormedic

doctormedic

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:48 AM

Or i could just turn off one of my cores and finaly play at speed 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users