Editing Campaign missions for multiplayer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 duncan

duncan
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:44 AM

I wondered if it is possible to edit campaign missions for multiplayer use? The idea here is to re-invigorate the missions to make them more interesting once again for the community. The idea is quite simple in theory. Using the SDK Extras on CNCMODS.net in particular the extractor for .big files you can obtain the campaign maps and edit them in world builder. That's no problem, but does anyone have any idea how I can once again pack the maps into a .big file? I can't seem to find that out anywhere and since C&C Online Discussion is fairly active I thought I would post here to see if anyone has a solution...

My plan is simple to delete the restriction scripts in world builder to unlock all the technologies for the computer and for the player and let the single player/co-op campaign wreak havoc once again! The other thing I could do of course is simply edit the campaign maps so they would make good multiplayer skirmish maps...

#2 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:27 AM

Did you try http://www.wagnerma....ad.php?detail=1 ?

I'm not sure each game is using the same big format though.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#3 duncan

duncan
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:52 PM

Thank you! It's seems to work very well :) Took a bit of tinkering and trial and error but using the file Maps5.big rather than MapsCampaign.big seemed to do the trick! As long as Final Big is in XP compatibility mode and you use the menu to add the directory it works perfectly. I can not say thank you enough! Really appreciated! I'll get to work seeing what modding I can do... a whole world of options available now :)

#4 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:57 PM

Revora is a lot about modding I'm sure you will find valuable information and help here. Have fun.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users