Photo

Mental Omega News Bulletin #5 (1/12/2014)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:03 PM

Yesterday it's been exactly 12 months since the release of Mental Omega 3.0 Beta Revision 1. The day after its release, ModDB began the 2013 edition of their annual awards, in which we reached the TOP100. This year, with the beginning of December, the ModDB 2014 Mod of the Year Awards begins.
If you feel like supporting us in this competition, you can head to our mod profile @ ModDB and cast your vote. Every vote counts and it's a great way to show your support for the project and future developments thereof.

moty-250.png

Now, let's return to the weekly news bulletin, shall we?

news_mission.png

Question: Will there be a mission in London in Act Two? Answer: yes, obviously.
The remaining Allied forces are hiding there after they emerged victorious in Sunlight.

Operation: Godsend

mission_godsendsm.jpg

What can I say without spoiling it entirely? It's a mission. It's for the Epsilon. It's in London. That's it!

..okay, that's a bit of a cop-out. You might have seen this picture before on ModDB. Let me show you a screen from a different mission.

Operation: Ghost Hunt

mission_ghosthunt1sm.jpg

The Scorpion Cell grows stronger every day. However, this damaged yet unusual Psychic Amplifier in Morocco has drawn someone's attention. Why is it broken? Is it a threat and should it be removed immediately? Perhaps there are forces already on their way to take it down before it becomes dangerous? We will answer these questions right now: nobody knows, yes and yes.

news_maps.png

news_maps_preview_0112.jpg

Map Preview #12: (2) Tournament Arena (urban; standard map pool) by Speeder
Map Preview #13: (4) Battleblock Theatre (urban; standard map pool) by Toveena
Map Preview #14: (6) Advanced Warfare (new urban; standard map pool) by Toveena

'(2) Tournament Arena' is a loose remake of a very popular tournament map from Tiberium Wars. Nothing describes this map better than the word "simplicity". It is very open but still has several key areas which you should take control of as soon as possible in order to gain advantage over your enemy, or rather, to not stay behind. The Base Expansion Post near the gem fields is an important asset; it must be captured and defended as soon as possible. Perhaps it's worth capturing right after your first Barracks are up? You'll have to try.

'(4) Battleblock Theatre' is Toveena's original and very unique skirmish map divided into 25 zones, each zone has very interesting objects the players might find useful. The center of the map has a Tech Missile Silo, Tech Sat Hack Centers & Tech Secret Labs, all surrounded by Tech Irradiators which will now be seen on skirmish maps other than '(8) Cowfields'.

'(6) Advanced Warfare' is based on one of the Uprising Challenges, although this one was designed for 6-player battles. Capture the Tech Armory in the middle for quick veteran infantry. Go for the Tech Expansion Posts on the remote concrete islands to gain fast access to the only gems on this map and slam down a Shipyard at the enemy's gates, or rather, shores.

news_workshop.png

"Proselyte, as Yuri foresaw, our enemies from the European Alliance continue to develop their technologies and experiment with new weapons. We can sense it. Our foes are creating potent weapons which they will use against us. We must strike first and destroy the SteinsTech Hangar within the London Fortress, it so happens we have just the thing for that."

workshop_unknown.jpg

news_blast.png

Thanks to Ares DLL you can heavily customize the Chronosphere weapon. A long time ago, when I first tried to use its new settings, I achieved quite devastating effects.. I'm still trying to figure out how to expand the chrono technology for the Allies in some interesting ways, the Allies definitely are developing something interesting in the London Fortress! Read the documentation here.

news_contribute.png

If you'd like to help develop Mental Omega further, write an e-mail to mental.omega.apyr@gmail.com
Right now we're in need of additional Voxel Artists, 3D Artists, Mission Scripters and Voice Actors.
Single contributions are welcome.

news_follow.png
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_ds.pngbt_tch.pngbt_right.png
controlmore.png

Edited by Speeder, 01 December 2014 - 09:15 PM.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#2 Seoras

Seoras
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Projects:Many many things....
  •  Voice Actor for Hire

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:37 PM

Looking pretty slick as always folks =). Have to say i'm rather intrigued as to what that new Euro unit is. Do you plan to add a couple of new toys to each of the factions as well, or is it just to plug any glaring deficiencies in a factions arsenal where they might be lacking?

Oh, and voted for mod of the year on ModDB  :thumbsuphappy:

#3 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:48 AM

Bring back the Slave Miner! Just bring it back in an MO way, somehow balanced, somehow, awesome.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, 04 December 2014 - 04:48 AM.

#4 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

I may look into the voice acting stuff.  If you have anything that ranges from 'grizzled war veteran' to ' deranged old man'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users