Photo

Red Alert 3 will not launch

Best Answer Nit3Rid3R, 28 December 2014 - 06:25 PM

[UPDATE]

You can try tolaunch the game normally (without C&C Online) first, then go to task manager, and end process of RA3.exe. After you've done it, open C&C Online launcher, and click Red Alert 3 button. Probably it works.

This solution did work, but I had to do it slightly differently, since I use 2 monitors, my task manager would always be on my second monitor, and when I close it, and launch it from cnc online, nothing happens, same error log. But now, when I disable my second monitor, and repeat the same steps, it has seemed to fix the issue, strange, but fixed nontheless. 

Thanks a lot man! 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Nit3Rid3R

Nit3Rid3R
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:08 PM

I am trying to get Red Alert 3 to launch from the CNC launcher and it simply will not launch, I have tried everything in the Common Issue thread but it still does not work. Here is the issue: 

1.) When I launch the game using the CNC Online launcher then hitting Red Alert 3, the splash loading screen will come up, then it will just go away/crash, with no errors or nothing, and this is what is in the log file:

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\
Started game with: "RA3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Red Alert 3. Detaching...
ERROR: game.dat process not found.

2.) When I follow the Common Issues and Solutions thread to hook the game up, this part does not happen "Hook your game. When Hooking, you should receive a prompt asking for your confirmation, this is how you know it worked. If you don't receive anything and the issue still". I do not have any anti virus's installed or anything. But still, I will create a desktop shortcut, hook the game, then launch the game from the desktop, my steam will show that I am playing RA3, but no actual game will show up, I will just always be viewing the CNC launcher, no errors, nothing in the log file. 

I have tried unhooking the game, then uninstalling CNC, then uninstalling RA3, and then install it all again, and putting the desktop shortcut on before installing CNC, still does not work.

Game is Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 on Steam. (I also own Uprising, so not sure if that is an issue or not, or if I should be launching uprising instead of the vanilla RA3, but I have uninstalled Uprising and the problem still occurs)

Windows 7 , 64bit

Edited by Nit3Rid3R, 27 December 2014 - 11:12 PM.

#2 BackdoorViolator

BackdoorViolator
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:48 AM

n5nBs4c.png

BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP:

CAREFULLY read and watch our installation guides (LINK)

CAREFULLY read the following threads:

(How to report issues & Common Issues & Solutions)

#3 Nit3Rid3R

Nit3Rid3R
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:39 AM

I followed all of that but still doesn't work :( 

#4 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts
  •  C&C:Online Red Alert 3 Player~

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

You can try tolaunch the game normally (without C&C Online) first, then go to task manager, and end process of RA3.exe. After you've done it, open C&C Online launcher, and click Red Alert 3 button. Probably it works.
post-219586-1446648251.png

#5 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

n5nBs4c.png

BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP:

CAREFULLY read and watch our installation guides (LINK)

CAREFULLY read the following threads:

(How to report issues & Common Issues & Solutions)

He clearly did all that. 

This is the perfect support thread. Let's hope we can help you. :p

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#6 Nit3Rid3R

Nit3Rid3R
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

I have tried this option, sadly does not work, it yields the same issue as the first time I tried it and with the exact same log file error

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Red Alert 3 Install Path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\

Edited by Nit3Rid3R, 28 December 2014 - 06:25 PM.

#7 Nit3Rid3R

Nit3Rid3R
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:25 PM   Best Answer

[UPDATE]

This solution did work, but I had to do it slightly differently, since I use 2 monitors, my task manager would always be on my second monitor, and when I close it, and launch it from cnc online, nothing happens, same error log. But now, when I disable my second monitor, and repeat the same steps, it has seemed to fix the issue, strange, but fixed nontheless. 

Thanks a lot man! 

#8 oceangripping

oceangripping
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:31 PM

Hello,

I have the exact same issue but none of the solution worked for me. I ran the game once with dual screen config as well but was never able to run it a second time.

RA3 runs fine when started directly but when starting CnC Online then launching RA3, It will crash and the loading screen dissapear.

Please let me know if there are any user files for CnC Online that store some user configuration and that I could delete. I found noting in %APPDATA% related to that.

I found that hooking add a debug registery key in order to run CnC Online when starting RA3.exe this options does not work for me either.

I'm running Steam, RA3 and CnC Online on a laptop connected to a base with dual screen. Removing the base and second screen did not help, nor did stopping the execution of ra3 from the task manager.

Thanks for any advice

D

#9 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

Hello,

I have the exact same issue but none of the solution worked for me. I ran the game once with dual screen config as well but was never able to run it a second time.

RA3 runs fine when started directly but when starting CnC Online then launching RA3, It will crash and the loading screen dissapear.

Please let me know if there are any user files for CnC Online that store some user configuration and that I could delete. I found noting in %APPDATA% related to that.

I found that hooking add a debug registery key in order to run CnC Online when starting RA3.exe this options does not work for me either.

I'm running Steam, RA3 and CnC Online on a laptop connected to a base with dual screen. Removing the base and second screen did not help, nor did stopping the execution of ra3 from the task manager.

Thanks for any advice

D

http://forums.revora...-report-issues/

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#10 oceangripping

oceangripping
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:53 PM

I have read the howto thread.

I'm trying to run Red Alert 3, buildId 252138 from Steam on Windows 7 x64. 

The issue is the same as described and experienced by Nit3Rid3R, I'm starting the game though the launcher but the game won't start. I can see the start-up screen loading then disappears. The log file contains the same message as described by Nit3Rid3R:

--- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Red Alert 3 Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\

As the error messages says in the log file, I cannot find any game.dat file in any folder on my computer. Disabling the second screen didn't help, killing the RA3 process didn't help either.

Thanks for any advice you may have

D

Hello,

Thanks for any advice

D

http://forums.revora...-report-issues/

#11 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:54 PM

Have you tried the Steam solution in the Common Issues & Solutions thread?

#12 oceangripping

oceangripping
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:59 PM

I did try without good results in the past, but I just tried again and the game now starts correctly.

The issue before was probably due to the second monitor being hooked up as also described by Nit3Rid

Thanks for your help. I started to get really confused with this issue and probably need some sleep.

Very nice work setting up a new server and running the games though a debugger to link to the new server, this is some very fine work

D

#13 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:11 PM

Great! Two solutions in one thread!