• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

This is my first little ''guide'' a made with my experiance consisting mostly from red alert 2 YR and some from MO.I would recomend not taking my advice in whole and use some of my knowledge to aid you rather as taking it as the meta.The guide was made for the absolute new players and i would like the more experianced ones to point the flaws i made.

Most of the units consisting in people's armies consists of tanks and some times infantry,along side some repair units for support,some times people decide to make most of their army weak to a element which can be exploited if people can take notice of it.One of them is Tank Spaming.

While thor,nuwa and wolfhound spam is more prevelent sometimes i rarely find people making tanks and nothing else,sometimes they even win as the other player either had less tanks than him or couldnt defeat his army which is most common with new players that arent aware of unit armor types and their weaknesses.

The first and most obvious tactic is to spam anti armor units,for example guardian gis.which can deploy and cant be squashed by other tanks expect vehicles that can squash other vehicles.The weakness being that if the enemy has anti infantry units with him,he can micro them to take out the guardian gi. zephiers can kite the heavier russian tanks while mantis tanks and bulldogs can catch up with them and probably avoid their shots which in that case the zephiers would need support from anti tank units that can take the battering from the porsuers.

Using the allied jets is a rare tactic used by new players as they usualy dont have the micro to use them effectevly and rely on simplier tactics,but in larger maps they can be usefull on harrashing an incoming army or preventing the spam of higher tier units before the other player can amass them,unfortunately air units that arent soviet,is the irkala or thor cant take too many hits from anti air and can be very easily be dispatched so attention of the surroundings is necesery.

Finaly,emp can be used to disable tanks and give a smaller army the edge they need.emp can be used by the china sub faction.Units that use emp are the flying tier 3 air unit dragonfly,the support ability emp blast from the science lab and the hero unit Yunru.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users