README Started on 8-3-06 ---------- LAST UPDATED: 12-29-06 Made by Fingulfin Fin's LOTR Expansion The LOTR Mini-Mod was created to make the game BFME II more like the Original (BFME I). So far there have been many changes implemented, and many changes yet to come! This readme includes the greater bulk of the changes made. NOTE: The CaH doesn not work with the new factions. Sorry, but I did all I could do in a feeble attempt to get it to work. Many other great modders have also attempted this, and failed. This mod has been succesfully ported to ROTWK. After the Rohan Beta is released, this mod will take an entirely new direction. While most mods concentrate on improved gameplay, this mod concentrates on making the game more fun. Take the "Extra Beer" upgrade for instance. What mod lets your peasants go on drunken raves against enemy uruks? It has recently been re-named to "Fin's LOTR Expansion". Why? If EA can add one faction and call it an expansion, so can I! CREDITS: Fingulfin - Head Coder and Building Modeler/Animator. Made the mod! Feanor - Donor: His Gondor Spearman Skin Argolis - Donor: His Rohan Royal Gaurd Model, his Gamling Model, his Peasant Archer Models and great Ideas! Special thanks to Argolis! Me having no imagination, it was up to him to think up several of the concepts for this mod! AGREEMENTS: By playing this mod, you must have read this! These rules apply to all players of this mod, ignorance of which does not make you exempt. You have permission to use anything in my mod IF you provide credit! All I require is something like this: "Credit to Fingulfin for *insert borrowed item*". Doesn't have to be big, but I would like it if it was in there somewhere! Please note that if you do not put credit in, you are STEALING. Here is a list of things you may NOT use: Rohan Royal Gaurd, Gamling and Rohan Peasant Archer. They belong to Argolis, and if you want to use them you will need to ask him. Thanks! GAME CHANGING CHANGES: ROHAN RE-ADDED TO GAME!!! (See their complete techtree Below) All factions now get starting units! Mordor: Two Orc Hordes Isengard: One Uruk-Hai Horde Corrupted Wild: Two Goblin Hordes Men of the West (aka Gondor): Two Gondor Soldier Battalions Elves: One Lorien Warrior Battalion Dwarves: One Guardian Battalion Rohan: Two Peasant Battalions Angmar: Two Thrall Masters Good Elite Units can level up to Level 10. DESCRIPTION OF "ELITE UNITS": Towergaurd, Royal Guard, Elves, etc. You can get a full listing in experiencelevels.ini Walls now Invincible to Infantry. HEALTH: SAME COST: SAME ATTACK: SAME EVIL: GOOD: INDIVIDIUAL FACTION CHANGES: ISENGARD: Isengard may now build the old BFME 1 Sentry Towers HEALTH: 1000 COST: 150 ATTACK: 65 UPGRADES: Fire Arrows //CAN NOT BE GARRISONED! (Im too small!)\\ Wall Possibilities. HEALTH: SAME COST: SAME ATTACK: SAME UPGRADES: I might consider putting in towers and Ballista Expansions (As soon as I get my hands on a working W3D Importer. I am NOT remapping those!!) GOBLINS: Mountan Giants now have an Auto-Heal ability. After staying out of battle for a certain amount of time, he starts to heal. ALL STATS THE SAME. Cave Trolls now have an Auto-Heal ability. After staying out of battle for a certain amount of time, he starts to heal. ALL STATS THE SAME. MORDOR: Call the Horde has replaced Untamed Alegiance, as it is more fitting for this faction. It is a Second Teir Power, as in BFME 1 it was useless for its high cost, and Orcs were obselete by late game. Witchking Now has a new ability. Morgul Blade LVL 10 Does a Good deal of Damage and poisons the enemy target until it dies. RECHARGE: 360 Seconds Hour of the Witchking has been moved down to LvL 8, as it is not that great a power. Harad Lancers Added to game. They are equipped with a toggle weapon ability, to switch between throwing lances and Melee Lances. HEALTH: COST: 500 ATTACK: 75 *UPGRADES: Heavy armor, Banners, Forged blades. ****NOTE: Yes, the AI has been updated to accomadate the changes. ANGMAR: ELVES: MEN: Renamed to Gondor Rohan Units and Heroes removed. * Gondor Knights can now purchase the "Horse Shields" Upgrade, which grants 50% Armor. ***NOTE: I might not include this in the release. Still thinking about it. Tower Gaurds are now Uberfied, like in BFME I NUM IN HORDE: 5 COST: 500 Good VS Heroes, Cavalry, Monsters and Strucures. Weak VS Archers and Fire. Gondor Spearmen added as a counter to Cavalry. FINALLY :P They have the same stats as the old Tower Gaurds. ****NOTE: Yes, the AI has been updated to accomadate the changes. DWARVES: ROHAN: ****NOTE: There is an AI for the Rohan Faction, it just doesn't work on any of the fortress maps (Helm's Deep, or Minas Tirith for example) BUILDINGS: Fortress: Defensive Structure that Researches upgrades, and builds Heroes and porters. Has 4 build Plots that you can build wall hubs on. Well: Heals Nearby units. Reduces the cost of Infantry per well built. Statue: A Statue that provides leadership to nearby units. Adds 10 Commandpoints, and reduces the cost of heroes. Mead Hall: Gives a small Leadership to nearby units, heals units but does not replenish lost men, and researches the Extra Beer Upgrade, which grants %15 Speed to all Peasants. Can be garrisoned, but garrisoned units won't shoot anything. Farm: Generates resourses and builds peasants. Adds 50 commandpoints Walls: Take a guess... UPGRADES: Upgrade to wall Hub, Upgrade to Wall Tower, Upgrade to wall Banners, Build Postern Gate, Build Gate Barracks: Trains Peasants, Peasant Spearmen and Royal Guards. Archery Range: Trains Yeoman Archers and Peasant Archer. Researches the Fire Arrows Upgrade at LvL 2. Stables: Trains Rohirrim at LvL 1 and Rohirrim Archers at LvL 2. Also Researches Fire Arrows at LvL 2. Armory: Researches Banners at LvL 1, Forged Blades at LvL 2, and Heavy Armor at LvL 3. Sentry Tower: Fires arrows at enemy Units. Can be Garrisoned. Ent Moot: Trains Ents. UNITS: Porter NUM IN HORDE: - HEALTH: ? COST: 500 ATTACK: NONE UPGRADES: None Peasant NUM IN HORDE: 15 HEALTH ? COST: ? ATTACK: ? UPGRADES: Heavy armor, Forged Blades, Banner Carrier, Draft (Spell Book), Is Affected by the Extra Beer Upgrade (Mead Hall) Peasant Spearmen NUM IN HORDE: 15 HEALTH ? COST: 150 ATTACK: UPGRADES: Heavy armor, Forged Blades, Banner Carrier, Is Affected by the Extra Beer Upgrade (Mead Hall) Rohan Royal Gaurds NUM IN HORDE: 5 HEALTH:? COST: 1000 ATTACK: UPGRADES: Heavy Armor, Forged Blades, Banner Carrier. Peasant Archers NUM IN HORDE: 15 Health ? COST: 200 ATTACK: ? UPGRADES: Heavy Armor, Fire Arrows, Banner Carrier, Is Affected by the Extra Beer Upgrade (Mead Hall) Yeoman Archers NUM IN HORDE: 15 HEALTH: ? COST: 300 ATTACK: ? UPGRADES: Heavy Armor, Fire Arrows, Banner Carrier. Ents ALL STATS THE SAME AS FOR THE ELVES. Rohan Rohirrim Rohan Rohirrim Archers INN UNIT: Elven Warriors (like the one in the summon). SPELLBOOK: Heal (5) Draft (5) Rebuild (5) Elven Allies (10) Summon Village (10) Lone Tower (10) Rohirrim Allies (10) Spirit Of Helm(15) Cloud Break (15) Barrage (15) Summon Fellowship (25) Last March (25) =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Descriptions: Heal: Take a Guess Draft: Arms all peasants with Swords and Shields. Rebuild: Repairs all buildings in the target radius. Elven Allies: Summons 2 Battalions of the BFME I Elves PERMANATELY onto the battlefield. Also spawns an Elven Wood. Summon Village: Summons a Military Building that can Train all 3 types of Peasants. Lone Tower: Summons one small, ungarrisonable tower to the battlefeild. Rohirrim Allies: Summons ? battalions of Rohirrim to the Battlefield. Spirit Of Helm: Grants your units +50% Speed, +75% damage and +100% armor for 45 Seconds. Large area Affected. Cloud Break: Clears the Weather and Stuns enemy units. Ent Barrage: Barrage an area with a painfull hail of rocks! Good VS Buildings. XXX--TEMPORARILY CHANGED TO NORMAL BARRAGE. WILL BE FIXED.--XXX Last March of the Ents: Summons 8 Ents and Treebeard to the battlefeild to fight for your cause. Summon Fellowship: Summons all Nine members of the Fellowship at Level 10. The Strong heroes dissapear after a while, but the hobbits remain until death. Rohan Fortress Upgrades: Helms Horn - Blow the horn of Helm! All enemies around the fortress run for their lives! The horn will fire a random number of times! A good way to protect your fortress when it is surrounded by enemies! Banners - Grants a leadership bonus to units around the fortress. Signal Fires - Grants a Vision bonus to the fortress, and lets the fortress fire Fire Arrows. Emergency Construction - Grants +20% Speed and +50% Armor to all Porters within a defined range of the fortress. Decreases porter cost 8%. Brick Roofed Fort - Gives +50% Armor to the fortress. *Means I haven't started yet. **Means I'm working on it. ****Signifies a note.