Pasidon's Content

There have been 83 items by Pasidon (Search limited from 23-March 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1081220 Trump has made history! (now vs the world)

Posted by Pasidon on 29 March 2018 - 06:13 AM in Current Events, Politics, Philosophy

I might prefer Hitler at this point.

#1081388 Star Wars fanfic

Posted by Pasidon on 01 April 2018 - 05:52 AM in Writer's Guild

That's why I hate writing for a universe that has a strict order of operations, like Star Wars.  You can't go too far out of the "Sith Jedi Empire Droid Force Rebellion" nonsense, else you lose the context entirely.  I suspect you're not having trouble with new ideas, as instead, you're shaving problems forming a story with what you currently have.  If you're stuck, then start over again.  Wipe it clean and improve.  As you're rewriting it, consider the parts that you're eager to rework.  Those are the strong points of your story, and everything else is completely and utterly malleable.  Writer's block only exists when a story is completely exhausted of progress, and usually, any future work should not be forced.  Start from the beginning and improve.  Conniptions are made from sacrifice, not patience.

#1082194 Awesome Music topic

Posted by Pasidon on 18 April 2018 - 05:11 AM in Media Discussion

When Halo ODST was announced, it came out with this awesome trailer, but the song was never released independently.  People have tried to edit the extra noises out for years, but it was never very good work - until recently.  I've been waiting nearly 10 years for this song.

#1082506 Westworld

Posted by Pasidon on 24 April 2018 - 01:11 AM in Media Discussion

You need to learn the difference between "best" and "popular."  I'll give the new season a look at here soon.  Without Anthony Hopkins, I dunno how interesting it'll be.  

#1082652 The Dragon, the Knight and the Man in the Mouse Suit

Posted by Pasidon on 27 April 2018 - 08:12 AM in The Incubus Cradle

Legend.  That's some top quality top quality.  Love the Eel-Dragon.  Only criticism I have is for the Man in the Mouse Suit.  Right hand + arm is a bit rough.  You should do more work with thin hair so you can practice body form and shapes under hair.  You usually make very naked, smooth creatures, but some of your work with mange effects would look amazing.  Looks like that fancy university is paying off, at any rate.  Now stop playing hide-and-seek and show us more when you have it.

#1082863 The Dragon, the Knight and the Man in the Mouse Suit

Posted by Pasidon on 30 April 2018 - 11:54 PM in The Incubus Cradle

MANGA?  No, no, no.  Stop it.  Mange, as in moulted fur.  Like an old, malnourished dog.

#1082948 Awesome Music topic

Posted by Pasidon on 03 May 2018 - 12:31 AM in Media Discussion

That song is permanently burned into my YouTube recommended playlist.  It is always there.  And yes, it is quite good.  A strong competitor in my 80's mowing playlist.

The Frostpunk soundtrack has been squeezed from the game files at last and it's incredible.  A good hour of a post-apocalyptic city's story of survival, with one final dooming storm just on the horizon.  The songs do really well to build up to that moment of the storm, teasing moments of religious and moral struggles.

#1083088 Fundraiser: MaryJo needs your help to GTFO of Venezuela

Posted by Pasidon on 06 May 2018 - 01:20 PM in Open Topic

We did look into it already, but whether or not Mary's story was genuine, or if there was any identity falsifying, we're still dealing with someone who is in Venezuela.  General IP skulduggery verified that.  The state of the country is so dire, any money we did give was likely going to someone who needed it more than us.  I would hardly classify that as a scam.  I am puzzled that there was exact copy/paste work going on here, but in case we're overlooking anything, we will still be respectful to Mary.  Thanks for showing us what you've found, but that won't change how this subject is handled here.

#1083116 Fundraiser: MaryJo needs your help to GTFO of Venezuela

Posted by Pasidon on 07 May 2018 - 01:21 AM in Open Topic

Yea, if the person in question from the Pandamonium forums actually is Ysmel Garcia, then it wouldn't be strange that Mary's message was the same as his.  They were both close friends and they were both in the same living situations, so it wouldn't be unusual that they coordinated efforts closely in an effort to escape.  Again, thanks for stopping by with this info Hiimbill, but how about you show some respect and privately contact the administrators before you publicly denounce the dead next time.

Spoiler

#1083153 Fundraiser: MaryJo needs your help to GTFO of Venezuela

Posted by Pasidon on 07 May 2018 - 10:44 PM in Open Topic

I spoke with Mary a few years ago when she was helping Ysmel relocate, and she showed me a few images of him that I could add to the FaceBook post promoting his story.  I ended up using that one, which is them at the hospital Mary worked at I believe she said.  It's the same man from that Pandamonium forums.  I may try contacting him here soon.

#1083319 Awesome Music topic

Posted by Pasidon on 11 May 2018 - 06:44 AM in Media Discussion

That Madelyn Darling song is fantastic.  One of the best songs in the Neon Nights collection.  Also liking Nina.  Her New Retro pieces are great.

Here's some more synth for the fire.

#1083955 Trump has made history! (now vs the world)

Posted by Pasidon on 25 May 2018 - 12:42 AM in Current Events, Politics, Philosophy

I can't believe that you don't believe he would do that.

#1084062 Pro Wrestling

Posted by Pasidon on 28 May 2018 - 06:33 AM in Open Topic

I used to watch it back in the 90's.  Now?  Noo.  Bit too much show-boating and stupid dialogue these days.  And it's fake now... which is dumb.

#1084109 Star Wars fanfic

Posted by Pasidon on 29 May 2018 - 10:05 AM in Writer's Guild

I'm a bit tad for tiff on time, but I'll definitely go through and make some notes when I get the chance.  I seem to enjoy working on other people's ideas rather than my own sometimes.

#1084164 Worst Shows of 2017

Posted by Pasidon on 30 May 2018 - 08:38 AM in Media Discussion

If they're cancelling that crap because of something that arbitrary, then whatever network it is obviously has impaired judgement and will just replace it with an even worse show.  And that Brooklyn-Nine-Nine garbage is unbelievable.  The only good part of the show is Terry Crews, which is not and WAS not enough to sustain viewers.  NBC will learn that the easy way, which is failing and wasting millions of dollars.  Out of all the good shows that got cancelled, that was not the one to bring back.

#1084245 The Mist

Posted by Pasidon on 31 May 2018 - 10:21 PM in Media Discussion

The MIst's show is very different than the movie.  It has a very slow build, but has some great moments mid-late season.

#1084377 Awesome Music topic

Posted by Pasidon on 03 June 2018 - 11:24 PM in Media Discussion

How dare you detract from new retro.  Let me fix that.

#1084435 Wont log in? help plz

Posted by Pasidon on 05 June 2018 - 01:28 AM in C&C:Online Support

Log into what?  I can't move your topic to the right place since I'm not sure what you're talking about.

#1084564 Awesome Music topic

Posted by Pasidon on 08 June 2018 - 04:22 AM in Media Discussion

Megan McDuffee is cool, but she'll always be tarnished for her participation in that one song we don't talk about.

#1084784 Psychedelics

Posted by Pasidon on 12 June 2018 - 01:51 AM in Open Topic

Do you really think we would have an illegal substance policy?  PHHHNNAA  You should make a topic to record your special trips.  Always enjoy reading those.  I like to go to playgrounds and strangulate myself with swing-set ropes, so I understand what it's like.

#1084799 Trump has made history! (now vs the world)

Posted by Pasidon on 12 June 2018 - 06:56 AM in Current Events, Politics, Philosophy

I'm sure a man who plans nothing will do just fine against a man who has planned and practiced for this meeting for years.  Guess which one of these describes Trump.

#1084800 Forum is too slow to load and winds up getting an error

Posted by Pasidon on 12 June 2018 - 07:50 AM in Hosting and Feedback

Where you would least expect them: right here.  But really, what do you think we can possibly do?  This is all software we didn't develop.  Maybe there's something to fix any errors you've seen, but you have to trust we would immediately implement any solution if there was one.

#1084848 The Battle for Middle-Earth meets a brand new, powerful game engine - Unreal...

Posted by Pasidon on 12 June 2018 - 11:12 PM in Showcase

I love how he posts the whole thing Russian then asks us to "please pay attention."

Is this project posted on Moddb?  If it is, I'll contact them about getting it removed.

#1084915 The Battle for Middle-Earth meets a brand new, powerful game engine - Unreal...

Posted by Pasidon on 13 June 2018 - 07:06 PM in Showcase

Know what would make it look even better?  Asking for permission.

#1085041 Name Change Requests

Posted by Pasidon on 16 June 2018 - 12:25 AM in Hosting and Feedback

Comrade, reporting.