Pasidon's Content

There have been 24 items by Pasidon (Search limited from 25-October 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1104496 Awesome Music topic

Posted by Pasidon on 27 October 2019 - 11:28 AM in Media Discussion

There she goes again.

https://www.youtube....h?v=6gmswmbosYo

#1106469 Awesome Music topic

Posted by Pasidon on 29 February 2020 - 09:28 AM in Media Discussion

https://www.youtube....h?v=ED87yhWvc9w

#1109708 Awesome Music topic

Posted by Pasidon on 22 June 2020 - 07:57 AM in Media Discussion

Aye.  Synthian is really good.  Just finished it.

#1111670 Awesome Music topic

Posted by Pasidon on 05 October 2020 - 01:39 AM in Media Discussion

Super Giant's new game, Hades, has a pretty killer soundtrack.  No surprise since these are the same people who made Bastion.

#1105445 Awesome Music topic

Posted by Pasidon on 04 January 2020 - 12:18 AM in Media Discussion

I like NINA, but that's a bit off.  Why is everything from Luigi Donatello just slightly underwhelming?  I don't remember the last time I liked anything from him.

Well, I haven't posted anything in ages, so here:

https://www.youtube....h?v=ebb5AinKxWI

#1105455 Awesome Music topic

Posted by Pasidon on 04 January 2020 - 08:28 AM in Media Discussion

I listen to almost everything you post, so yea, I've heard her latest stuff.  Downloaded a few.

But for my favorite song last year, I have to be a loser and say it was Poppy's Fill the Crown.  It's weird and has such an interesting story. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=fiH9YPSPNlA

#1104636 Awesome Music topic

Posted by Pasidon on 06 November 2019 - 05:21 AM in Media Discussion

She did it... AGAIN.  Not quite death metal this time, though.

https://www.youtube....h?v=fJlDyRbUtxI

#1105148 Awesome Music topic

Posted by Pasidon on 14 December 2019 - 07:20 AM in Media Discussion

Didn't like a lot of Synthwave this year, but ye, that is pretty good.

#1105115 Awesome Music topic

Posted by Pasidon on 13 December 2019 - 08:47 AM in Media Discussion

She did it again.  It's a weird one.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Dunno why anything I post doesn't show up with a thumbnail anymore.  Yours seem to be fine, Purple.  Weird.

#1105842 Name Change Requests

Posted by Pasidon on 25 January 2020 - 11:20 PM in Hosting and Feedback

Names can't have brackets in them for some reason.  Any alternative suggestions?

#1105323 Picture of the day

Posted by Pasidon on 27 December 2019 - 12:39 AM in Media Discussion

Where that's art from?  Looks like original concept art.

#1105533 Top 10 reality shows that really needs to end

Posted by Pasidon on 07 January 2020 - 10:25 AM in Media Discussion

I agree with all of those.  Add Supernatural, Grey's Anatomy, The Simpsons, and Arrow to the list.  American shows just drag on and never end.  I dunno how any of those are still once since they're terrible now.

#1105548 Top 10 TV Shows (excluding reality) that really need to end

Posted by Pasidon on 08 January 2020 - 11:14 AM in Media Discussion

Another one of these topics?  Well, alright.  I agree with all those (half were mine anyway T H I E F ).  I dunno about Southpark.  It's still fine, but it should still end since it's gone on long enough.

#1105362 Top 5 Shows of 2019

Posted by Pasidon on 29 December 2019 - 03:29 AM in Media Discussion

Yea, I watched the last episode of Mando today.  I don't think it moved it up my list any, but it was still overall "good."  At least it didn't end horribly.

#1105374 Top 5 Shows of 2019

Posted by Pasidon on 30 December 2019 - 12:15 AM in Media Discussion

Maybe.  There were some shows I didn't like, but "worst" would be strong for them.

#1105325 Top 5 Shows of 2019

Posted by Pasidon on 27 December 2019 - 01:25 AM in Media Discussion

There are more streaming services than actual original shows at the moment, but I think I managed to sort through the humbug and spot the top ones.

5. The Mandalorian

mando_104-5_bd059560.jpeg?w=780

It's already the most expensive show in the actual universe, so you would expect some appeal.  Disney is cashing in on the cute puppet trend, plus the obvious Star Wars nostalgia that they pried from Lucas' doughy fingers, and it works somehow.  "Is is just a spaghetti western in space?"  Yes, including the painful ring of obvious outlaw betrayals and escaping railroad executions every other scene.  But it's still good.  The final episode of the season hasn't come out at this point, but even without it, it's still one of the better shows of the year.

4. Watchmen

JazJxgyPx55rxtpyTrNKsk.0.jpg

"Tick-tock" is the sound an HBO executive's phone makes when they press "m" for "money."  Watchmen is a sequel to the Watchmen comics, and a ghost sequel to the mundane Watchmen movie that awkwardly forgot about the giant squid.  It's about white supremacists using the concepts of superheroes as props in their war against the government and black culture.  Isn't that what you expected after a giant squid is dropped on New York City and a super-human blue man goes to Mars so people stop getting cancer?  Oh.  Well, it's good regardless.

3. Happy!

giphy.gif

Enjoying my random Google images yet?  Well, you'll also enjoy season 2 of Happy, which is just more mindless action featuring aliens, Satan, and white stuff.  It's Si-Fis only good show, so just let them have it.

2. Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

MV5BMjgwYjNmYmItODc0My00NjRhLWEzNzItNWI4

As the prequel to the creepy movie from the 80's, Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance is a show about puppets who are pretending to be not puppets with the help of some Jim Henson trickery and Netflix budget CGI.  It's definitely one of the best looking shows ever made, with every character and prop being 100% man made and tailored perfectly to this dark fantasy world.  There are a few story issues,  but the sheer amount of work put into the show's visuals masks them well.

1. Chernobyl

screen-shot-2019-06-06-at-15-06-21.png

Really?  A show about cleaning up nuclear gunk is better than the Witcher?  Chernobyl is a dramatic representation of the most famous core meltdown in history, and the horrors that followed.  No, you won't be vibrating in terror over  a radioactive super-bear, or two-headed zombie rats.  The real horror of the show is how low the Russian government would go to clean up their biggest mistake, and that it's also all 100% true.  No, it's not a documentary.  It's pure, raw horror derived from one of the darkest moments in human history.

#1105350 Top 5 Shows of 2019

Posted by Pasidon on 28 December 2019 - 05:37 AM in Media Discussion

Not sure what Tredstone or 9-1-1 is.  You seem to have a lot of reality TV and crime drama stuff in your top lists and a lot of that stuff breezes past me these days.  I still watch Gordon Ramsey stuff, but I wouldn't dare put cooking shows in direct competition with heavy story content.

I would have liked to of seen Stranger Things season 3 get on my list this year, but it was really awful.  It was just, yet another, rehash of the last two seasons, with the addition of Boris & Natasha Russian goons that made my head hurt.  The charm of the first season is almost entirely lost at this point.  The show isn't limited to children fighting black ooze.  Season 4 better expand or perish at this point.

#1108731 Trump has made history! (now vs the world)

Posted by Pasidon on 12 May 2020 - 07:13 AM in Current Events, Politics, Philosophy

The guys lies more than Pinocchio, but that seems like a bit of a stretch.  I could see an honest 15% of his facts being right.

#1106668 Trump has made history! (now vs the world)

Posted by Pasidon on 12 March 2020 - 07:42 PM in Current Events, Politics, Philosophy

Obama didn't have an uncle who's a super genius.

#1106768 Westworld

Posted by Pasidon on 16 March 2020 - 09:23 PM in Media Discussion

I should probably watch season 2.

#1111531 Which news outlets do you trust and why?

Posted by Pasidon on 23 September 2020 - 09:19 PM in Current Events, Politics, Philosophy

I personally don't trust anything that involves some guy in hair plugs just talking about news.  A lot of American Conservative outlets do that - just someone talking about what's going on and not really showing anything.  But the other side has its issues as well.  Fact checking is good and all, but are those fact checkers reliable sources themselves?  What are they referencing?  Are really ALL of their references accurate?  You can't really trust anything, but as long as you're listening to all sides in a situation and being open minded, you will have better control over false narratives.

#1111561 Which news outlets do you trust and why?

Posted by Pasidon on 27 September 2020 - 09:35 AM in Current Events, Politics, Philosophy

Yea, NPR seems to be as unbiased as possible.  Often brings in people who (at least) sound like they know what they're talking about.

#1105549 WWIII or doom for Uncle Sam?

Posted by Pasidon on 08 January 2020 - 11:15 AM in Current Events, Politics, Philosophy

Apparently an American base launched an assault on Iran this morning.  That happened.

#1105444 WWIII or doom for Uncle Sam?

Posted by Pasidon on 04 January 2020 - 12:13 AM in Current Events, Politics, Philosophy

Why did I say that thing in 2017?  Why was I such a moron?  Am I a moron now and I don't realize it?  Oh god...

Speaking of morons, there's nothing else that can be said about Trump.  If you're not convinced that this guy is a literal determent to this Earth yet, then what is actually wrong with you.