Tag's Content

There have been 29 items by Tag (Search limited from 08-June 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#827705 How do you move game data block in gamedata.ini and a few other questions?

Posted by Tag on 12 November 2010 - 09:52 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

That's quite easy. Just post the part of your code which defines the unit positions within the horde - including the Banner Carrier - and I'll show you. :p

The noldor warrior doesn't have any banner carrier data....:
CODE
; Positions for 6
RankInfo = RankNumber:1 UnitType:NoldorWarrior Position:X:50 Y:7.5 Position:X:50 Y:-7.5 Position:X:50 Y:25 Position:X:50 Y:-25 Position:X:50 Y:42.5 Position:X:50 Y:-42.5
;RankInfo = RankNumber:2 UnitType:NoldorWarrior Position:X:30 Y:0 Leader 1 0 Position:X:30 Y:20 Leader 1 1 Position:X:30 Y:-20 Leader 1 2 Position:X:30 Y:40 Leader 1 3 Position:X:30 Y:-40 Leader 1 4

RanksToReleaseWhenAttacking = 1
End

And here's the Dwarven guardian:
CODE
; Banner Carrier info
BannerCarriersAllowed = DwarvenBanner ;// types of units that are allowed as banner carriers
BannerCarrierPosition = UnitType:DwarvenGuardian Pos:X:70.0 Y:0.0 ;// (DEFAULT) position of banner carrier

RankInfo = RankNumber:1 UnitType:DwarvenGuardian Position:X:50 Y:0 Position:X:50 Y:20 Position:X:50 Y:-20 Position:X:50 Y:40 Position:X:50 Y:-40
RankInfo = RankNumber:2 UnitType:DwarvenGuardian Position:X:30 Y:0 Leader 1 0 Position:X:30 Y:20 Leader 1 1 Position:X:30 Y:-20 Leader 1 2 Position:X:30 Y:40 Leader 1 3 Position:X:30 Y:-40 Leader 1 4
; RankInfo = RankNumber:3 UnitType:DwarvenGuardian Position:X:10 Y:0 Leader 2 0 Position:X:10 Y:20 Leader 2 1 Position:X:10 Y:-20 Leader 2 2 Position:X:10 Y:40 Leader 2 3 Position:X:10 Y:-40 Leader 2 4

Thank you

#827648 How do you move game data block in gamedata.ini and a few other questions?

Posted by Tag on 12 November 2010 - 01:32 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Do you want to create a Toggle Formation for your horde? Or do you mean something else?

No, I mean how do I create another line of dwarven guardians?

#827456 How do you move game data block in gamedata.ini and a few other questions?

Posted by Tag on 11 November 2010 - 06:17 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Well something was wrong... So now I'm just editing INI.big directly with FinalBig. It's more difficult than my old way of modding but....
Thanks for wanting to help though.
I know this has probably been asked a hundred times, but how would I add another formation with the Dwarven Guardian? I know it's in the ini\object\goodfaction\hordes\dwarven ini but I don't know what to look for or how I would change it....

#827344 How do you move game data block in gamedata.ini and a few other questions?

Posted by Tag on 10 November 2010 - 06:04 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Is still can't mod!! It still doesn't recognize my mod.... I start with a new ini file and make one simple change in the createaherosystemwizard and it doesn't recognize it....
Could you please copy and paste your target?
I've added and removed quotation marks around C:\ROTWK mod and either way it still doesn't recognize my mod.
I've even moved the mod to a different location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\Users\Taggerung\ROTWK mod"

#827233 How do you move game data block in gamedata.ini and a few other questions?

Posted by Tag on 09 November 2010 - 03:53 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

It's not registering my mods again....
My Mod Folder is: C:\My Mod
My target is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\My Mod"
Is everything correct?

#827230 How do you move game data block in gamedata.ini and a few other questions?

Posted by Tag on 09 November 2010 - 03:26 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Why is it whenever I put folders from other mods I've done the game doesn't register the mods?

#827180 How do you move game data block in gamedata.ini and a few other questions?

Posted by Tag on 08 November 2010 - 08:13 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Make a text document (.txt) and rename it, and when you rename it replace the 'txt' with 'ini' so it looks like: blahblah.txt -> blahblah.ini

Thank you Kwen.
But I still get the
CODE
Unknown block '#define' Error parsing INI block '#define' in file Data\INI\Water.ini
error message..... I cut and pasted the gamedata.ini block and put in a new ini folder in the object folder and I also cut and pasted all of the macros into the water.ini.
Are there any preconverted ROTWK 2.01 ini files on this site?

#827174 How do you move game data block in gamedata.ini and a few other questions?

Posted by Tag on 08 November 2010 - 07:36 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

You need to put all the macros in the ini/default/water.ini file (that means the #define MACRONAME). Then you need to create a new ini file named gamedata.ini in ini/object/ and copy the gamedata block from the ini/gamedata.ini to this file.

Okay, I moved all of the macros into the water.ini file, but do I cut them and paste them into water.ini or do I just just copy and paste?
I also made a new ini file named gamedata.ini in ini\object and cut and pasted all of the end of gamedata.ini into the file. But I still get this message:
CODE
Unknown block '#define' Error parsing INI block '#define' in file Data\INI\Water.ini

#827099 How do you move game data block in gamedata.ini and a few other questions?

Posted by Tag on 08 November 2010 - 04:26 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

I put all of the macros that I wanted into the water.ini and put the game data at the end of gamedata.ini in gamedata in the default folder. But I receive an error:
CODE

This is the New Macro I put:
CODE
define A_DWARVEN_PERSONAL_BASIC_TRAINING_BUILDCOST 300
#define A_DWARVEN_PERSONAL_BASIC_TRAINING_BUILDTIME 5

#827085 How do you move game data block in gamedata.ini and a few other questions?

Posted by Tag on 08 November 2010 - 02:02 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Also, I'm sorry if it's against the rules to make another topic so soon...

#827084 How do you move game data block in gamedata.ini and a few other questions?

Posted by Tag on 08 November 2010 - 01:59 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

I'm trying to edit the gamedata.ini and I found this:

- move all the macros in 'gamedata.ini' to 'default\water.ini'
- move the GameData block in 'gamedata.ini' to a new file 'object\gamedata.ini'
- and of course put the new INI files at the appropriate place in your mod smile.gif

But I don't fully understand it... If you anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.
If I understand correctly, I move any "#define" I want into the water.ini folder? I just don't understand the rest...
But please help me. My old way of modding doesn't work anymore....

#827075 HELP please!

Posted by Tag on 08 November 2010 - 12:30 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

How do I edit the gamedata.ini file?

#827021 HELP please!

Posted by Tag on 07 November 2010 - 03:35 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

I tried with a whole new ini file and it worked, but when I try to put my old modding ini folder it doesn't work...
How do I put it to where the mod can no longer play? Like to play online. Do I go back to the old target?
Also, I jut found out I cannot edit the gamedata.ini. :/ How do I change all of the unit settings now?

#826982 HELP please!

Posted by Tag on 07 November 2010 - 05:37 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

This is how I used to do it and it worked: I extracted the ini.big file to my desktop, I removed the ini.big file, I then put the extracted ini folder into the data folder, and then I started modding. Was this the wrong way?
Could you please tell me another way if it is?

No, that is not a wrong way, it works if you're only modding for yourself ;)
If you are to create a mod you plan to release to the public, you should consider the -mod command
And if your going to use the -mod command (by keeping the ini.big in the RotWK folder, and extracting the ini.big to C:\YourModsPath) this is what should be in the Target:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\YourModsPath"

I did the target thing and I did everything else. But how do I edit the ini file? I tried to edit wizard.INC and it doesn't recognize the mod....
Thank you by the way. How do you get the game to recognize and apply the mod?

#826980 HELP please!

Posted by Tag on 07 November 2010 - 04:34 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

If you have upgrade.ini, open it and find Upgrade_AngmarFaction (Ctrl+F will open a search window)

It's likely you won't find it, but if you do... well, tell us whatever you find ;)

I did find a line with Upgrade_AngmarFaction:
CODE
Upgrade Upgrade_AngmarFaction
DisplayName = UPGRADE:AngmarFaction
Type = PLAYER
End

#826978 HELP please!

Posted by Tag on 07 November 2010 - 04:28 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

No don't check amonsulbuildings.ini, check upgrade.ini!
It should be in RotWK\data\ini\upgrade.ini
For comparrison, amonsulbuildings.ini is in RotWK\data\ini\object\civilian\amonsulbuildings.ini ;)

My guess is that you simply don't have the upgrade.ini file at all, and that's why it crashes. First, copy the ini folder that lies inside RotWK\Data to another place. Then Extract All from the ini.big into the main RotWK folder, replace all, and then move the ini.big to a safe location (for backup, in case something goes wrong)
Now you take the ini folder you copied first and copy it into the RotWK\Data again, and overwrite all files that's possible. Any files that were previously missing should now be there.
Then you can mod as you wish.

I do have upgrade.ini. Sorry for the confusion on my part.....I'm still new at this.
I tried that but I still get the new error code.

What Lauri means is check IN upgrade.ini for Upgrade_AngmarFaction ...

This seems to be an incorrectly set up MOD !

Do you play the Normal ROTWK fine ?
Have you installed any ROTWK Mods before ?
If yes to both questions ... then look at the Way the Mod is set up and do the Same !
If no then try and read more tutorials on setting up a fresh mod before going further .
Using the - mod command is better that replacing the INI.BIG with a folder
It allows for easier modding in the long run .

Lauri gave a nice Explanation a few posts down ...
That is for BFME2 but ROTWK should be similiar

Settting up the mod

I read the article but I don't get the target part.... I put the target in like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe-mod"
But it didn't work. Could you please show me how to do it?

This is how I used to do it and it worked: I extracted the ini.big file to my desktop, I removed the ini.big file, I then put the extracted ini folder into the data folder, and then I started modding. Was this the wrong way?
Could you please tell me another way if it is?

#826976 HELP please!

Posted by Tag on 07 November 2010 - 04:07 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

For comparrison, amonsulbuildings.ini is in RotWK\data\ini\object\civilian\amonsulbuildings.ini ;)

My guess is that you simply don't have the upgrade.ini file at all, and that's why it crashes. First, copy the ini folder that lies inside RotWK\Data to another place. Then Extract All from the ini.big into the main RotWK folder, replace all, and then move the ini.big to a safe location (for backup, in case something goes wrong)
Now you take the ini folder you copied first and copy it into the RotWK\Data again, and overwrite all files that's possible. Any files that were previously missing should now be there.

I do have upgrade.ini. Sorry for the confusion on my part.....I'm still new at this.

What Lauri means is check IN upgrade.ini for Upgrade_AngmarFaction ...

This seems to be an incorrectly set up MOD !

Do you play the Normal ROTWK fine ?
Have you installed any ROTWK Mods before ?
If yes to both questions ... then look at the Way the Mod is set up and do the Same !
If no then try and read more tutorials on setting up a fresh mod before going further .
Using the - mod command is better that replacing the INI.BIG with a folder
It allows for easier modding in the long run .

Lauri gave a nice Explanation a few posts down ...
That is for BFME2 but ROTWK should be similiar

Settting up the mod

I read the article but I don't get the target part.... I put the target in like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe-mod"
But it didn't work. Could you please show me how to do it?

#826942 HELP please!

Posted by Tag on 06 November 2010 - 11:02 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

I put a semicolon in front of InvisibleFrames = 100;
Also Imdrar, this is the whole code:
CODE

Behavior = BezierProjectileBehavior ModuleTag_05
DetonateCallsKill = Yes

FirstHeight = 53;40 ; Height of Bezier control points above highest intervening terrain
SecondHeight = 53
FirstPercentIndent = 20% ; Percentage of shot distance control points are placed
SecondPercentIndent = 80%
FlightPathAdjustDistPerSecond = 0 ; Can allow a max speed this can attempt to follow a target. Units are their velocity we can tag.
PreLandingStateTime = 1000
PreLandingEmotion = TERROR
PreLandingEmotionRadius = 85.0
InvisibleFrames = 100;
; FadeInTime = 100;
End

#826915 HELP please!

Posted by Tag on 06 November 2010 - 07:33 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

#826913 HELP please!

Posted by Tag on 06 November 2010 - 07:30 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

So ... if you're editing the original INI.BIG file in it's original directory, you don't have any trouble, but if you remove the file and place it into the Data folder - even without editing - it causes a crash?

My first idea - even if I can hardly believe it's because of this, but nevertheless I always mention it - is: Does your desktop link refer to the right directory? ;)

And the second one, just in order to try something new: What does the crash log tell you if you commend out the specific part of code? (Putting ; in front of all lines there)

The semicolon thing worked. But now I have a whole other error code now though:
CODE

Unknown field 'PrelandEmotionAffectsAllies' in block 'Object'.
Error parsing field 'PrelandEmotionAffectsAllies' in block 'Object' in file 'Data\ini\object\evilfaction\evilfactionsubobjects.ini', line 1590
Error parsing field 'PrelandEmotionAffectsAllies' in block 'Object' in file 'Data\ini\object\evilfaction\evilfactionsubobjects.ini', line 1590
Error parsing ini block ' prelandingEmotionAffectsAllies' in file 'Data\ini\object\evilfaction\evilfactionsubobjects.ini', line 1590
7 addresses:
(unkown)(0): game.dat=239838 Debug::POstStaticInit+3390
(unkown)(0): game.dat+2346667
StringBase<char>::StringBase<char>+262887
(unkown)(0): game.dat+2376649
LineSegment2D::~LineSegment2D+20490
(unkown)(0): game.dat+6541831 Xfer::operator==+119943
(unkown)(0): kernel32.dll+582821 BaseThreadInitThunk+14
(unkown)(0): ntdll.dll+511981 RtlCreateUserProcess+140
(unkown)(0): ntdll.dll+512511 RtlCreateProcessParameters+78
Because of the severity of this error this game will now exit.

This is the code that it says there is an error in evilfactionsubobjects.ini: InvisibleFrames = 100;
Also I put a semicolon in front of it and it still gave me an error.

#826844 HELP please!

Posted by Tag on 06 November 2010 - 05:41 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Imdrar: I did check the code.
CODE
Behavior = CommandSetUpgrade ModuleTag_CommandSetAngmar
TriggeredBy = Upgrade_AngmarFaction
CommandSet = AngmarMonumentFortressRebuildCommandSet
Also Imdrar I reformatted my laptop, reinstalled ROTWK and I still receive the same error.
Luari,I checked to see if in the Amonsulbuildings if there was an Upgrade Angmar Faction line in there...
And I know I'm putting the ROTWK ini File in the ROTWK ini. When I put the original ini.big file it works, but when I put the whole new ini file in the data file it doesn't work. One other odd thing, when I edit the ini.big file itself with FinalBig I can run the game... But again when I put the ini file I extracted from ini.big it doesn't work. Even when I extract a whole new file...

#826783 HELP please!

Posted by Tag on 05 November 2010 - 07:00 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

When you put those files into the data folder, you have to make sure to remove the INI.big from the Battle for Middle-earth folder. That way the files don't conflict with each other.

I did do that. It's when I remove the ini.big file that I get a fatal error... I have no idea what's wrong... :thumbsupsmiley:

#826771 HELP please!

Posted by Tag on 05 November 2010 - 06:26 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Most ini's are put in folders inside the data folder...
More details lad...
Name of the ini?

It's the only ini file I deal with and the only name for it I know of is ini.big. The ini.big file has the game data ini, the science ini, the special power ini, and many other ini files in it.

#826678 HELP please!

Posted by Tag on 05 November 2010 - 08:09 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Well I extracted the ini.big file with FinalBig and....... All I did was put the ini file into the data file. I've done this before, but I've never received this type of error and not be able to resolve it...
Thank you by the way.

#826674 HELP please!

Posted by Tag on 05 November 2010 - 07:53 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

I receive this message when I put the ini file in the data folder:

An upgrade mask references Upgrade_AngmarFaction, which is not an upgrade Error parsing field 'TriggeredBy' in block 'Object" in file 'Data\ini\civilian\amonsulbuildings.ini',line 259
Error parsing field 'TriggeredBy' in block 'Object" in file 'Data\ini\civilian\amonsulbuildings.ini',line 259
Error parsing field 'TriggeredBy' in block 'Object" in file 'Data\ini\civilian\amonsulbuildings.ini',
7 Addresses:
(unknown)(0): game. dat+239838 Debug::PostStaticInit+3390
(unknown)(0): game.dat+2346667
StringBase<char>::StringBase<char>+262887 (unknown)(0): game.dat+2376649
Line segment2D::~LineSegment2D+20490
(unknown)(0): game.dat+6541831 Xfer::operator==+119943
(unknown)(0): kernel32.dll+584907 BaseThreadInitThunk=14
(unknown)(0):ntdll.dll+512589 RtlCreateUserProcess+140
(unknown)(0):ntdll.dll+513119 RtlCreateProcessParameters+78
Because of the severity of this error the game will now exit.

I've uninstalled the game several times, I've started with a whole new INI file, and it still gives the same message...
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP!!!!