Uldimaras's Content

There have been 41 items by Uldimaras (Search limited from 26-March 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#519562 9/29/2007 RJ-RotWK Update

Posted by Uldimaras on 01 October 2007 - 04:40 AM in RJ News

Great as always, can't wait for public beta

#519292 HELP Lookie Here

Posted by Uldimaras on 30 September 2007 - 03:29 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Uhm sounds like you got an illegal version, did you download it by any chance? in that case I don't think this site supports piracy.

#519275 Erebor (Dwarven) faction

Posted by Uldimaras on 30 September 2007 - 02:47 PM in Erebor faction

Well I agree about the point that factions should be diverse, so maybe just give one of the dwarf heroes a power to mount a pony, that way its still accurate to lore and doesn't make dwarven cavalry for the entire faction.

#519258 Erebor (Dwarven) faction

Posted by Uldimaras on 30 September 2007 - 02:04 PM in Erebor faction

If you don't know Mercy Dwarves rode ponies in the hobbit, the entire 14, how can you say it doesn't fit?

#519213 Moria Faction Thread

Posted by Uldimaras on 30 September 2007 - 12:07 PM in Wars of the East

I like most of the ideas except from all of the spider riders coming back, I think there are too many spider units and I doubt that spiders could be tamed and used. I think that you should remove most things which are spider related and keep a few limited spider units.

Goblin king is a really nice idea, I don't like the mount on the fire drake though, its over the top, maybe give him a wolf or a warg to mount and it will be perfect (altho I think that the great goblin, azog and the other heroes are enough, and I don't like his name for some reason, the whole idea of a goblin king is a twist of lore by EA, goblins did have leaders and chieftains, but a king?)

#519179 Roast Mutton

Posted by Uldimaras on 30 September 2007 - 11:01 AM in The Hobbit

Is bard going to be a standalone hero too? or will he only appear in the spell summon?
Looks great btw I don't see whats wrong with the face.

#519175 Who said the four ages was dead?

Posted by Uldimaras on 30 September 2007 - 10:57 AM in Showcase

This topic is from a month and a half ago, and my guess is that it is actually dead.

#518994 Comments & Suggestions for Beta 4.5

Posted by Uldimaras on 29 September 2007 - 10:28 PM in SEE Archive

This is more like a super weapon rather then a new building, I don't think it will fit well for someone to have such a strong defensive structure.

#518646 Release Dates?

Posted by Uldimaras on 29 September 2007 - 04:09 AM in SEE News

You know the episode in Southpark when cartman is waiting for nintendo wii to come out?

This might be a similar situation :good:
any updates on a date?

#518644 Erebor (Dwarven) faction

Posted by Uldimaras on 29 September 2007 - 04:07 AM in Erebor faction

What about dwarves riding those things that carry the demolisher? or ponies like they did in the hobbit?

#518383 my 2d art

Posted by Uldimaras on 28 September 2007 - 12:10 PM in Showcase

I think you are just trying to learn too much at once, as I see:

2d Artist, Newbie Modeller, skinner learning, and learning several others

Focus on one or two things, read some tutorials and ask people how to improve, Imo I think people are so negative is because you showcase 1 2d art image which isn't really hard to make and its not a good one either.

#518078 my 2d art

Posted by Uldimaras on 27 September 2007 - 05:03 PM in Showcase

a) that's a... wildman? yeah right
b) it needs scaling
c) art is more than a google image with a bad filter, which I think is all you used
d) actually I don't care about your self-proclaimed 'new method', it will probably suck anyways
e) sorry if I'm a bit too harsh on ye, but what needs to be said needs to be said.

He speaks the truth.

#517712 Roast Mutton

Posted by Uldimaras on 26 September 2007 - 05:47 PM in The Hobbit

Finally someone decided to work on it seriusly, will smaug be implemented and Mt. Erebor reworked?

I really liked the hobbit and hope to see more material about it :)

#517709 GrandMoffDima Ideas

Posted by Uldimaras on 26 September 2007 - 05:41 PM in Wars of the East

GrandMoffDima, in concern to the above post, don;t get discouraged - it's a bit unfair for a person to make a comment like "I don't like a single one", when you're obviously the one making the effort to post your ideas.

Its fair, it is my opinion.
I'm not saying ideas shouldn't be suggested I just don't like those.

and a guest that slacks down helpful people dont get the mod :)

so... uldimarias guy i dont like you not a single bit... tbh u dont deserve to say anything ur a stupid guest that wants to say something mean and not log in to hide your username or your just a pillock or both imo

I'm not a guest, I wasn't logged in.
I don't care if you like me tbh, I don't slack down anyone, those ideas are either over the top or really lacking.

#517330 Balance/Bug Track - 1.05.02

Posted by Uldimaras on 25 September 2007 - 08:00 PM in RJ Archive

I'm not talking about retreat, I'm talking about forfiet, its after you get into the game and got massive superiority over the foe they used to forfiet, now they don't so if you leave one PB alive and take out all builders\RBs and armies you can build up an army up to CP limit and the game won't end until you kill that last PB, thats an exploit and makes you have an insane army when the enemy should have forfieted the terretory in your favor.

#517215 Balance/Bug Track - 1.05.02

Posted by Uldimaras on 25 September 2007 - 05:02 PM in RJ Archive

Hello, I played WOTR and found a few bugs:

- If your army leader dies in auto resolve and you repurchase him afterwards and then try to move him the game crashes.
- In fortress maps you can't purchase upgrades through mordor's siege works since for some reason it doesn't show up there.
- Every time regular orc fighters start a battle they are divided to 1 units scattered, and theres a banner carrier spawning infinite (up to CP limit) amount of orcs. * Happend also with warg riders in Old brown lands*
- Orc pikemen require goblin upgrades instead of mordor.
- In regular maps that don't use fortress when you build the mordor warg pit you got 2 diff unit types, but both spawn the hounds (2nd one doesn't spawn warg riders except from fortress maps).
- Gothmogs leadership doesn't stack with drummer trolls and sometimes doesn't show effects when he is alone with orcs, and I think orc pikes isn't effected by his leadership.

Btw another concern I've had about WOTR, is that the enemies don't forfeit. this gives a chance for the player to keep one structure of the enemy alive and build up an insane army, I think the retreating feature should be implemented back into wotr.

#517208 General Comments/Suggestions

Posted by Uldimaras on 25 September 2007 - 04:49 PM in RJ Development

Awesome, can't wait to finally see those terrible things removed ;)

#517049 General Comments/Suggestions

Posted by Uldimaras on 25 September 2007 - 05:22 AM in RJ Development

Will the golden HA be removed then?

#516658 Screen Shots for Beta 4.5

Posted by Uldimaras on 24 September 2007 - 06:07 AM in SEE News

Excelent, both the horses and the orcs, both will be included in the 4.5 beta?

#516401 General Talk

Posted by Uldimaras on 23 September 2007 - 04:46 PM in RJ Archive

Hello, I played as mordor in WOTR today and I've found a few bugs:
- In fortress maps you can't purchase upgrades through mordor's siege works since for some reason it doesn't show up there.
- Every time regular orc fighters start a battle they are divided to 1 units scattered, and theres a banner carrier spawning infinite (up to CP limit) amount of orcs.
- Orc pikemen need goblin upgrades.
- In regular maps that don't use fortress when you build the warg pit you got 2 diff unit types, but both spawn the hounds (2nd one doesn't spawn warg riders except from fortress maps).
- Gothmogs leadership doesn't stack with drummer trolls and sometimes doesn't show effects when he is alone with orcs, and I think orc pikes isn't effected by his leadership.

Btw another concern I've had about WOTR, is that the enemies don't forfeit. this gives a chance for the player to keep one structure of the enemy alive and build up an insane army, I think the retreating feature should be implimented back into wotr.

#516397 WotE Update Topic

Posted by Uldimaras on 23 September 2007 - 04:38 PM in Wars of the East

Agreed, the low graphic quality lessens the skins\units. Any chance of high quality graphic screens? (looks good even with low quality tho)

#516394 Best faction

Posted by Uldimaras on 23 September 2007 - 04:35 PM in RJ Archive

I lean towards arnor, very powerfull heroes and I really like the combination of men and elves.

#516292 Lothlórien (Elven) faction

Posted by Uldimaras on 23 September 2007 - 12:22 PM in Lothlórien faction

Celeborn and Elrond have the same powers.So i had an idea:Leave Celeborn as he is and change Elrond into the young Noldor Warrior Elrond.
Give him some new Powers like leadership,swprdmaster and two abilities with Vilya.

A. I think Elrond shouldn't be touched. as this is a movie mode he shouldn't be any diffrent looking than in the movie.
B. Elrond is over 6000 years old, I don't think that making him younger will impact on his appearance, imo Hugo weaving as he is atm is perfect and shouldn't be changed.
C. Celeborn is the one that should have more unique powers.

and guest, I think that problem was already fixed if I'm not mistaken.

#515375 THE BUG HUNT - for Beta 4.5

Posted by Uldimaras on 21 September 2007 - 04:12 AM in SEE Archive

Brutal AI got bonus damage and armor modifiers, human players don't therefore AI's units will always inflict more damage from the same unit.

#513971 General Comments/Suggestions

Posted by Uldimaras on 17 September 2007 - 08:14 PM in RJ Development

I got a suggestion about the one ring, I'm not sure if its easily duable, but thats it:
When a unit picks up the ring, it has an amount of time to return it to the fortress, if it was returned everything is as usuall. But, if the units has the ring for too much time, it becomes corrupted by it, attacking anyone who will get near it (that can be done by forcing them to join to creeps I guess). to avoid imbalance I think heroes should not be effected by the ring, or have a longer timer to return it.