Valdrec's Content

There have been 11 items by Valdrec (Search limited from 07-June 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1014846 BFME2 remove catapults/ballistas

Posted by Valdrec on 23 September 2015 - 03:36 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Could you give me a more detailed answer? There is a lot of information that I don't just automatically know, being a that I am a complete newb.

#1014823 BFME2 remove catapults/ballistas

Posted by Valdrec on 22 September 2015 - 05:13 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

remove the commandbutton from the commandset of the building where the catapult/ballis are built from, and see if that works

How?

#1014707 BFME2 remove catapults/ballistas

Posted by Valdrec on 20 September 2015 - 07:16 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

valdrec, try mine, its the simplest one, and then tell me if it works. And this one works without mod.big

Try your what?

#1014509 BFME2 remove catapults/ballistas

Posted by Valdrec on 18 September 2015 - 09:28 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Phew, this is anything but simple. I'll sit down and try this stuff when I have the time, but it's a lot for a newb like me.

#1014481 BFME2 remove catapults/ballistas

Posted by Valdrec on 17 September 2015 - 11:48 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Well the issue now seems to be that if I edit any of the numbers, commented or not ( I was using ; .) It picks a random word in the file and says it is the source of the error. I tried editing just one word and I got 'FILE' as the source of the issue this time :/

#1014470 BFME2 remove catapults/ballistas

Posted by Valdrec on 17 September 2015 - 09:27 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Hm. I reversed all the changes I made to the file, and it runs fine.

My only assumption is that Bfme2 without wotwk edits differently? I assumed it was just the ini.big file but perhaps there is something else I need to do to enable it?

Added: As I change different parts I'm getting the same error with different words. This is most confusing as these things seem to be completely unconnected.

#1014469 BFME2 remove catapults/ballistas

Posted by Valdrec on 17 September 2015 - 09:18 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Look for a separated 'block' called 'is' that doesn't have an END.

I'm a bit to newb to fully understand this, but there are 800k lines, I'm not sure it will be so simple.

#1014467 BFME2 remove catapults/ballistas

Posted by Valdrec on 17 September 2015 - 09:10 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Yeah, I don't have WotWK.

I'm not really sure what "end" "is" mean in this sense, are you saying the letters I and S are added in somewhere by accident, or are we talking about a specific code?

At first I thought the way I'd commented on it was wrong, so I tried removing that. I now have the same error as before but with ':' instead of 'is'

#1014452 BFME2 remove catapults/ballistas

Posted by Valdrec on 17 September 2015 - 06:32 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Well looks like that didn't work. Upon opening the game I got this:

Unknown block 'is'.

Error parsing INI block 'is' in file
'Data\INI\Default\SubsystemLegend.ini'.
7 addresses:
(unknown)(0): game.dat+241550 Debug::PostStaticInit+3390
(unknown)(0): game.dat+2294796
FXParticleSystem::DefaultModuleKey<0>::operator=+209278
(unknown)(0): game.dat+2325810
GameClientRandomVariable::setRange+15179
(unknown)(0): game.dat+6460555 Xfer::operator==+119787
(unknown)(0): kernel32.dll+78698 BaseThreadInitThunk+18
(unknown)(0): ntdll.dll+235650 RtInitializeExceptionChain+99
(unknown)(0): ntdll.dll+235605 RtInitializeExceptionChain+54

Because of the severity of this error the game will now exit.

I'm guessing it's referring to the changes I made, but beyond that I don't really understand what the issue is. Anyone have any ideas?

#1014450 BFME2 remove catapults/ballistas

Posted by Valdrec on 17 September 2015 - 06:20 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

My files seem a little different for whatever reason, but in Ini.big I found the values I was looking for.

I changed
GondorTrebuchet_Member
WildMountainGiant_Member
ElvenEnt_Member
IsengardBallista_Member
DwarvenCatapult_Member
MordorCatapult_Member

down to 0.1 on level three (I figured I'd put it even lower as I often play with max command points)

While I was looking around I noticed that the rams for Isenguard and Mordor are entirely zero. If they can break through my archer cover, they deserve to get a wall or two broken, so I increased

IsengardBatteringRam_Member
MordorBatteringRam_Member

to 2.0 (Dwarven BatteringRam was 4)

Time to test this :D

#1014409 BFME2 remove catapults/ballistas

Posted by Valdrec on 17 September 2015 - 02:34 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

If you want to remove them because, like me, you hate how early some factions build them and how they take some of the fun out of  game, then I would suggest not removing them but changing how the game uses them.

You could increase the cost of them.

I'm very interested in this. I like to relax and turtle, but the range and strength of seige ammunition breaks the flow somewhat. I used to have a small mod added that simply made the command point cost of things like Catapults too high for anyone to build (But not the wall upgrades obviously) And that was a way I liked to play it.

I have a very poor understanding of my files and I'd like to be able to do this, but I've not been able to find any sort of sufficient guidance to do so, could you help me out?

Alternatively changing the range and damage of those projectiles, so that they have to be in the range of my archers would be suitable too.