Jaguar6's Content

There have been 235 items by Jaguar6 (Search limited from 21-October 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#691250 Hobbits

Posted by Jaguar6 on 14 March 2009 - 02:23 PM in RJ Good Factions

Well not really, in the book they sent out Hobbits on ponies to "rally" the Hobbits from surrounding towns. I'm picturing something like Paul Revere, Hobbits running through the streets yelling "Awake! Awake! Fear, Fire, Foes! Awake! Fire, Foes! Awake!".

Marshall was just the best name I could come up with, do you have any better suggestions?

#691240 Hobbits

Posted by Jaguar6 on 14 March 2009 - 02:10 PM in RJ Good Factions

That could work, but the Shirrifs were policemen, not marshalls, they were a separate organization then the Militias.

#690788 Hobbits

Posted by Jaguar6 on 12 March 2009 - 11:42 PM in RJ Good Factions

Hey everybody, I think I just came up to a solution for the Hobbit unit problem. There will still be two units, but they are rather different...
-The first unit is called the Marshall, and acts just like the Rohirrim Yeoman unit, in the way that it can summon Hobbit Militia. The Marshall is a single unit that can summon one of three types of Hobbit Militia units, each armed with different weapons and has different skills. The Marshall can summon Hobbit Militia armed with either melee weapons (swords and axes), anti-cavalry weapons (pitch-forks, spears, and other pointy things), and ranged weapons (slings and bows). After a Militia unit is summoned the Marshall would then act as a banner carrier.
-The second units is the good old Shirrif. Although the Shirrif only has a stave it is much better trained then the Hobbit Militia, and have better attack and more hitpoints. The Shirrifs also stand in formation, and wear their famous feathered caps.

What do you all think? I know it's kind of a copy of the Yeoman, but I think it would work really well for the Hobbits, and portray them nicely. My apologies for resurrecting an old discussion :unsure:

#681080 Angmar

Posted by Jaguar6 on 18 February 2009 - 01:30 AM in RJ Evil Faction

Hmm, I think I agree with Hasfusel ;)

By the way, infantry spears sounds great. But how they would be different I don't know.

#680141 Angmar

Posted by Jaguar6 on 15 February 2009 - 10:59 PM in RJ Evil Faction

I just want to say three things add wraiths as trainable units, drop sorcerers please, and maybe make the men of Carn Dum have sword and shield I just picture them that way :rolleyes:

#678509 Angmar

Posted by Jaguar6 on 11 February 2009 - 12:22 AM in RJ Evil Faction

I say we go with Dojob's list, but change the Black Numenorians to Rhudaur Chieftains, since there were no Black Numenorians in Angmar.

#678035 Angmar

Posted by Jaguar6 on 09 February 2009 - 10:42 PM in RJ Evil Faction

So here is a "tech tree" that could work for Angmar, using decisions in the past posts, and some of my ideas...
Orc Pit Anybody have something more creative :p
-Orc Warriors: Orc infantry armed with swords/axes and kite shields.
-Orc Archers: Orc infantry armed with bows.
-Troll of Angmar: A single lightly armoured Troll unit that comes wielding a mattock. No mutated attack sheep or giant green men, but real Trolls :p

Rhudaur Hut
-Rhudaur Hillmen: Light Rhudaur infantry armed with spears, and the ability to toggle to axes/swords.
-Rhudaur Hunters: Light Rhudaur infantry armed with bows.

Wolf Den
-Wolf Brood: Like the Dire Wolves already in the game, but with a better skin.
-Werewolf: Not the stupid giant loin-cloth blue thing, but a hunched over wolf like creature, like a giant, furry, and clawed Gollum in the game.

Temple
-Barrow Wright: Either single unit or in battalions of three that have ancestral armour and swords from the kings of Arnor.
-Vampire: Just like in AA's description.
-Sorcerer: If you must, but Tolkein will be rolling in his grave, again.

Armoury I can't remember what it was called ;)
-Stone Thrower: Same old unit, but with better looking Trolls.

How is that?

I would like to have some type of Orc Champion or Rhudaur Champion that would be elite single units with special abilities, it would give Angmar something unique.

#678027 Beorn

Posted by Jaguar6 on 09 February 2009 - 10:31 PM in RJ Good Factions

I would want Beornings, Woodsmen, and Grimbeorn as an innfaction for Mirkwood, there are already too many unit summons and making them trainable would be unbalanced.

#678024 Dwarves

Posted by Jaguar6 on 09 February 2009 - 10:26 PM in RJ Good Factions

For an anti-archer Dwarf unit how about a light infantry with various single handed weapons, you could call them Runners or something. It would keep the Dwarfs dependent on infantry :thumbsupsmiley:

#678019 Elves

Posted by Jaguar6 on 09 February 2009 - 10:21 PM in RJ Good Factions

Wow Nethelen Narcu, I have to say that your concepts are some of the best I've seen :thumbsupsmiley: I think that sometimes people forget that this is a stealth faction, and that they would just build huts on rocks, but would have trees and shrubs everywhere, even the other elves are said to have made roads a certain way as to avoid damaging a tree, so I'm sure in Mirkwood there would be trees everywhere.

#672748 Angmar

Posted by Jaguar6 on 26 January 2009 - 10:07 PM in RJ Evil Faction

I agree with AA, the men of Rhudaur are fallen Numenorians, there were no funky races of people called Black Numenorians hiding out in the mountains of Angmar either, just a bunch of snow and rocks.

On your list. I think that the men should be the upgradeable units. The orcs of Gundabad were even less powerful than the Mordor ones. The would just be rabble. Whereas the men would be stronger and be worth more, so the WK would more than likely spend his resources on them. There is a model for the Werewolf being made right now. I am glad you like my idea for the Vampire. I really want it to being a hunter killer unit. Angmar needs to really bring in that feeling of horror and dread. They won their battles by dividing their enemies and then instilling terror.

Once again, I agree with you :thumbsupsmiley:

It's an improvement over ur last list, but there's still some overlapping in roles; why get werewolves when u can get snow trolls? Or vice-versa?

I don't see any besides the Trolls. Maybe we should combine the Snow Trolls and Hill Trolls to make a Trolls of Angmar unit, it would be weaker and cheaper then the Werewolf, so the problem you mentioned will be fixed.

And if ur gonna have the orcs be worthless spamlings like Mordor orcs and Goblins as AA wants, at least keep them in the thrall system to maintain some uniqueness, both from other factions' orcs and from Rhudaurmen.

There's just no real reason beyond a dislike of the style to get rid of that system. It's great for uniqueness and gameplay and I think Angmar would be rather bland without it since they're just spamming orcs and barbarians like the rest of the evil factions until those monsters come out, and trolls aren't very unique so ur left with sorcerers and vampires. They're cool and all, but u just need more than that, imo unless vampires are cheap and prominant throughout the game.

I don't know about the Thrall system, but I don't really see any reason for or against it, so somebody had better convince me :p

So the list so far...
-Ghundabad Warriors: Orc infantry armed with swords/axes and kite shields.
-Ghundabad Archers: Orc infantry armed with longbow.
-Rhudaur Hillmen: Light Rhudaur infantry armed with spears, and the ability to toggle to axes/swords.
-Troll of Angmar: A single lightly armoured Troll unit that comes wielding a mattock.
-Barrow Wright: Either single unit or in battalions of three that have ancestral armour and swords from the kings of Arnor.
-Werewolf: Not the stupid giant loin-cloth blue thing, but a hunched over wold like creature, like a giant, furry, and clawed Gollum in the game.

#672386 Angmar

Posted by Jaguar6 on 26 January 2009 - 01:29 AM in RJ Evil Faction

I guess now would be a good time to post my ideas for a new Angmar unit list...
-Ghundabad Warriors: Orc infantry armed with swords/axes and kite shields, along with heavier armour.. Unlike Mordor Orcs they can get upgrades.
-Ghundabad Archers: Orc infantry armed with longbows, along with heavier armour. Unlike Mordor Orcs they can get upgrades.
-Snow Troll: A single lightly armoured Troll unit that comes wielding a mattock.
-Hill Troll: A single heavily armoured Troll unit that uses a pike.
-Sorcerer: Same unit as the one ingame, even though I hate them.
-Werewolf: Not the stupid giant loin-cloth blue thing, but a hunched over wold like creature, like a giant, furry, and clawed Gollum in the game.

I'm debating whether or not Black Numenorians should be in, since lore wise there were no Black Numenoreans even near Angmar.

#660214 Isengard

Posted by Jaguar6 on 20 December 2008 - 10:23 PM in RJ Evil Faction

Well, there is a mod being made for Medieval 2 Total War that is set in Middle Earth during the War of the Ring. It's called the Third Age :p

#650993 Isengard

Posted by Jaguar6 on 20 November 2008 - 12:56 AM in RJ Evil Faction

Uruk Hai=Strange bread of super Orcs created by Sauran.
Half-Orcs=Mixture of Uruk Hai (or Orcs) and Men created by Saruman by some magical breeding program :p

So is the plan to have Half-Orc Warriors and Uruk Mantlets then?

#650988 Arnor

Posted by Jaguar6 on 20 November 2008 - 12:52 AM in RJ Good Factions

I thought the plan was Steel Longbowmen and Heavy Infantrymen? I still think we should have more then one battalion of Steel Bowmen too, at least make it two battalions.

#650184 Arnor

Posted by Jaguar6 on 17 November 2008 - 10:37 PM in RJ Good Factions

I agree with AA and mike here :p

#650181 Isengard

Posted by Jaguar6 on 17 November 2008 - 10:34 PM in RJ Evil Faction

And yes, for the third time, the "Half-Orcs" mentioned in the books did use axes - I don't want to be arsed but if forced to I will get quotes from "Unfinished Tales", Section "The Third Age of the Sun", Chapter "Battles of the Fords of Isen".

Lol, I didn't mean what I said as a challenge, I actually want to know where Tolkein says that out of curiosity, it sounds interesting to me :p

I think that they would be better as elite infantry that can do a quick and deadly charge where they slaughter a few enemy units, and then get picked of once the hand to hand fighting kicks in, rather then a MHH unit. I would rather have the Uruk Mantlets as a MHH.

#649959 Arnor

Posted by Jaguar6 on 17 November 2008 - 02:26 AM in RJ Good Factions

Then maybe we should have Steel Bowmen, but they need a better name, and you should be able to get three not one. And last time I checked you said that heavy infantry fitted the lore, you didn't say anything about elite archers, either way I think we should have both a really have infantry unit most likely armed with double handed swords and the elite archers armed with steel longbows.

#649916 Isengard

Posted by Jaguar6 on 16 November 2008 - 10:23 PM in RJ Evil Faction

I'm curious, when does Tolkein mention the Half-Orcs using axes? I really want to see it if you can find it :wink_new:

I think that we should give Isengard Half-Orc Axes, Uruk Mantlets, and some sort of Orc Rabble. Although Dunland Riders would be interesting, Isengard already has a light cavalry unit.

#649915 Arnor

Posted by Jaguar6 on 16 November 2008 - 10:19 PM in RJ Good Factions

I thought that Arnor was supposed to have a lot of heavy infantry, now you want less? Make up your minds :wink_new:

Doesn't Arnor already have more then enough archer unit? In total they have four, Dunedain Archers, Hobbit Shirrifs (toggle), Dunedain Rangers, and the Elven Archer unit. Why should they have another one?

I really like this picture mike, it's pretty scary :lol:
Posted Image

#649864 Isengard

Posted by Jaguar6 on 16 November 2008 - 06:42 PM in RJ Evil Faction

I think we should add two Half-Orc units, Axemen and Spearmen, and have either the Uruk Raiders or the Uruk Mantlets as the MHH.

#649863 Arnor

Posted by Jaguar6 on 16 November 2008 - 06:37 PM in RJ Good Factions

The idea is to have a unique heavy infantry unit, Champions is just a name I came up for them, that doesn't mean that they have to be Champions, it was just something we could call it until we came up with a better name.
What ever this new heavy infantry unit uses, it shouldn't be sword and shield, then it wouldn't be unique :p

#649795 Arnor

Posted by Jaguar6 on 16 November 2008 - 04:05 AM in RJ Good Factions

I agree with AA on that one, but what about calling them Paladins?

#649717 Arnor

Posted by Jaguar6 on 15 November 2008 - 07:28 PM in RJ Good Factions

I agree with you on the cavalry, this is Arnor, not Numenor.

I like your ideas on the Arnor Heavy Infantry unit, but I still prefer Champions, maybe we could call them something Like Arnorian Paladins. I don't think I'll ever get over the "dishing out the pain" thing you said, I might use for a sig!

#649644 Arnor

Posted by Jaguar6 on 15 November 2008 - 02:41 AM in RJ Good Factions

But when they go into shield wall formation they should touch the ground :p It's a lot easier to prop a heavy shield on the ground, then to hold it 8 inches above the ground.