mandead's Content

There have been 13 items by mandead (Search limited from 25-October 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#592633 Vengeance-class Star Destroyer

Posted by mandead on 03 May 2008 - 02:35 PM in Community Suggestions

Okay, I have a model for the Vengeance-class. :p

Would anyone be so kind as to walk me through how to implement it? It's from a mod (The SSD mod, which basically just adds a couple of SSDs - that's it really) - when I'm done, I'll post a few screenshots and you guys can see what it looks like. I'm assuming it's not that complex a process to simply add one ship.

Anyone? :p

#591692 I can't start the mod on Vista!

Posted by mandead on 01 May 2008 - 09:35 PM in Bug Reporting

I have Vista x64 Ultimate (the most famously temperamental and fickle version there is) and it runs the game fine, as well as all the mods I use. :p

#591689 Vengeance-class Star Destroyer

Posted by mandead on 01 May 2008 - 09:30 PM in Community Suggestions

Yeah, I agree. Look at the picture I posted (and others, in fact) and compare them with ones of an Executor-class. Totally different stuff.

#591579 Rebel ISDs

Posted by mandead on 01 May 2008 - 05:04 PM in Bug Reporting

Not really. If it's not broke, don't try n' fix it. There'd be no point in the New Republic passing over an extremely successful & useful ship purely because of its name and previous portfolio (for want of a better word) - I know they used captured ones, but I have no idea if any others were actually constructed from scratch, post-Empire.

#591532 Imperial capital ships: tector star destroyer

Posted by mandead on 01 May 2008 - 12:36 PM in General Discussion

No modellers at all? Who made all the ships the mod uses then? :s

#591529 Tech Tree Query

Posted by mandead on 01 May 2008 - 12:06 PM in General Discussion

Why do you people act so defensively?

It was a question, not a criticism.

#591528 Favorite Ship

Posted by mandead on 01 May 2008 - 12:05 PM in General Discussion

I must say, I am rather fond of the Dominator-class Star Destroyer, as well as that freighter - I forget the name - the one that looks like the one Dash Render has in Shadows of the Empire, but I think it's a different design. Someone will know the one I mean.

#591522 Tech Tree Query

Posted by mandead on 01 May 2008 - 11:47 AM in General Discussion

This is from another thread:

Also, whilst I remember: what the hell's with the tech tree at present?

Why is it I am able to construct the likes of a Praetor-class as soon as a skirmish match starts, but I have to upgrade in order to construct a Victory-class or even much smaller, weaker frigates & corvettes?

It's not a complaint, merely a query. I'm not sure what the point behind it was. Surely, smaller --> bigger over time makes more sense? Anyone?

I was just curious why I get access to some pretty massive ships right at the start of a skirmish match.

Could someone please elaborate on the thought process regarding the tech tree at present? :p

#591520 Imperial capital ships: tector star destroyer

Posted by mandead on 01 May 2008 - 11:45 AM in General Discussion

I mentioned this in another thread, but the Tector-class should lose the underbelly hangars, &c. The model needs editing a wee bit, t'is all.

#591509 Vengeance-class Star Destroyer

Posted by mandead on 01 May 2008 - 11:02 AM in Community Suggestions

I realise that. I wonder if anyone's modelled it, or considered modelling it.

#591439 Vengeance-class Star Destroyer

Posted by mandead on 01 May 2008 - 03:10 AM in Community Suggestions

What do you mean, balance?

Are they different types of ship or what? I'm just querying the name.

And yes, I've fought a Sovereign-class on one occasion. Very massive. Very cool.

A Vengeance-class would be even cooler, though. :p

#591431 Vengeance-class Star Destroyer

Posted by mandead on 01 May 2008 - 02:22 AM in Community Suggestions

Well, we already have the Executor, Eclipse and Sovereign-class...

One more couldn't hurt, could it? :p

I don't mind if it's only available in a certain place or, as I suggested above, if it's a hero unit commanded by Jerec, I'd just absolutely love to see it in-game.

There must be a way we can fit it in? Pretty please! :p

Also, whilst I remember: what the hell's with the tech tree at present?

Why is it I am able to construct the likes of a Praetor-class as soon as a skirmish match starts, but I have to upgrade in order to construct a Victory-class or even much smaller, weaker frigates & corvettes?

It's not a complaint, merely a query. I'm not sure what the point behind it was. Surely, smaller --> bigger over time makes more sense? Anyone?

Finally, why are the Victory, Tector and Imperial-class as Mark IV? I wasn't aware such designs existed. Isn't the latest Victory a III, and Imperial a II?

#591424 Vengeance-class Star Destroyer

Posted by mandead on 01 May 2008 - 01:57 AM in Community Suggestions

Will this ship ever be in your mod?

I've always been under the impression it's a separate, unique line of Star Dreadnought, but I've also read it's just a slightly modified Executor-class.

What's your opinion, and is it likely to ever see the light of day in Phoenix Rising?

AFAIK, here's the most well-known image of a Vengeance-class Star Destroyer:

Posted Image

I think it would be an excellent addition to the game, and I for one would love to be able to command one.

Maybe it could be an interesting late-game hero unit, commanded by Jerec?

Just a few thoughts. :p

PS: Not relevant to this, but I thought the Tector-class Star Destroyer wasn't supposed to have any hangars or anything. The version in 1.0 does (on the underbelly), so I'm not sure if my information is wrong, or your current model is incorrect. Perhaps something for one of you chaps to look into. Either way, fantastic work overall and an excellent mod.