drogoth232's Content

There have been 14 items by drogoth232 (Search limited from 08-December 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1004510 Maximan's Animation Showcase

Posted by drogoth232 on 28 May 2015 - 05:25 PM in Showcase

Really looks like it with the way he lands on em.

#1004418 Maximan's Animation Showcase

Posted by drogoth232 on 27 May 2015 - 07:08 PM in Showcase

Does the Orc have his legs break in the death anim :p?

#1004175 More BFME Questions

Posted by drogoth232 on 25 May 2015 - 12:18 AM in BFME Art & Graphics

Thanks for the answers Mathijs.

Guess I'll have to find Max 8 somewhere

>.>

<.<

#1004170 More BFME Questions

Posted by drogoth232 on 24 May 2015 - 11:48 PM in BFME Art & Graphics

1. Any way to import w3d into 3ds Max 2016? Or is it only with Max 8/7 etc.

2. Could I make my own boneset, rig the model to it, and make my own animations for it? Or do I need to use a preset one. 

3. Is there a limit to how long an animation can be? I've been thinking of making Legolas's Monster Slayer animation along with some others, but I want to know how lavish I can make them (depending on the answer for the first question). 

#1003346 Drogoth's Old Animations and Model Rigging

Posted by drogoth232 on 14 May 2015 - 09:57 PM in Art & Design

Model Rigging stuff:

DISCLAIMER: I ripped the models myself. I also have all the games that the models are from. As per usual, I will not be distributing the models because reasons.

Zed from League of Legends over Sheik. Wasn't completed and when I realized that there would be coding issues that would be impossible to fix, I dropped it.

Spoiler

Zack Fair from Final Fantasty 7: Crisis Core over Ike using a custom animation (which I no longer have)

Spoiler

Sothe from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn over Sheik

Spoiler

#1003344 Drogoth's Old Animations and Model Rigging

Posted by drogoth232 on 14 May 2015 - 09:52 PM in Art & Design

When I left BFME modding, all I knew how to do was coding. Went into SSBB modding that's exactly what I did for a while. Got bored with only doing basic stuff and taught myself a bit of animating. Along the way, I taught myself a bit of model rigging as well. I'll probably put up two posts: one for animations and other for models

Animations from First to second spoiler are newest. Everything after that are relatively old ones.

11 animations total.

Second, fourth, and fifth spoilers have very large gifs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#997820 The supposed LoZ mod

Posted by drogoth232 on 16 March 2015 - 06:55 PM in The Green Dragon

If you practice changing the textures of the original game and are successful at moving and renaming units/buildings in the code then you could have your own mod.

Zelda could be a retextured Legolas or Faramir and Zelda could be a retextured Arwen or Galadriel? Admitting that's all I know about The Legend of Zelda.

So many Zelda's that no one knows what to do with 'em :p

Only reason being because for Brawl hacking, we import models from other games/IPs/whatever and stick 'em in. No one's gotten a C&D, no one's gotten in trouble. And the community used to be quite large.

Why would the BFME modding community be in any danger. The community is quite obscure and I'm sure if a LoZ mod was started and you google "Zelda Mods", you won't find anything BFME related for a couple of years, at least.

There is a difference between modding their product and putting other IPs in there and modding a different game and putting their IP in there. I've heard of a couple of Nintendo-related projects that got a C&D for using Nintendo's IP.

The BFME modding community wouldn't be in danger, but the mod (and whoever behind it) would be if they ignored any potential C&Ds.

Oh really? Which ones, if you still remember?

I remember this mod I think this was back in 2007 or something.
Honestly I don't buy the whole C&D thing the mod didn't even have any assets it was still in its concept stage.

Yep, that was waaay before I showed up here.

#997593 The supposed LoZ mod

Posted by drogoth232 on 13 March 2015 - 11:18 PM in The Green Dragon

Only reason being because for Brawl hacking, we import models from other games/IPs/whatever and stick 'em in. No one's gotten a C&D, no one's gotten in trouble. And the community used to be quite large.

Why would the BFME modding community be in any danger. The community is quite obscure and I'm sure if a LoZ mod was started and you google "Zelda Mods", you won't find anything BFME related for a couple of years, at least.

#997590 The supposed LoZ mod

Posted by drogoth232 on 13 March 2015 - 10:49 PM in The Green Dragon

*modding, not hacking.

Sorry about that. A habit ever since I moved to ssbb modding/hacking.

Nintendo would not find it if the person making a Zelda mod it kept it to themselves. But since most people like the idea of other people playing their mod, it'd likely get released, and, if it's any good, attract some population of fans, which would get noticed by Nintendo's legal department. Nintendo is notoriously strict when it comes to protecting their IP, which I assume means their legal department has a handful of interns scouring the internet for projects to shut down. :p

But how big would it have to get to get Nintys attention?

Then again, this is assuming that the mod existed to begin with.

#997586 The supposed LoZ mod

Posted by drogoth232 on 13 March 2015 - 10:27 PM in The Green Dragon

so I remember five(?) years ago that whenever someone would mention LoZ mod that it's get shot down because "C&D letters from Nintendo"

Assuming that the aforementioned statement is true, I pose a question

This hacking community has always seemed very small. Even back in it's hey day, I doubt it's as big as something like Project M (which gained national and some would argue international recognition). How would/did Nintendo find it?

Also, hi I haven't been here for years lol

#975075 File Size Limit?

Posted by drogoth232 on 26 August 2014 - 01:15 AM in BFME Art & Graphics

EDIT:

Now that I'm back here, I was thinking about maybe using some of the models from other games and put them in BFME. 

Don't do this because it's illegal. And misleading. And morally and socially wrong.

It's fine for personal use and experimentation. Hell, add anything from any game just to see if you can and if it's cool. It's only illegal if you're plagiarizing copyrighted work by claiming it as your own, or distributing it to other people. 

It was just a fun little idea I had. But I don't know if the game would be able to handle so many high poly models.

#974858 File Size Limit?

Posted by drogoth232 on 23 August 2014 - 07:27 PM in BFME Art & Graphics

300-700 polys? Jeez.

All the models are at least 5-6k 

I'll see if I can just pro optimize it lol. Probably won't work in the end.

Don't do this because it's illegal. And misleading. And morally and socially wrong.

You got me! :V

#974843 File Size Limit?

Posted by drogoth232 on 23 August 2014 - 05:55 PM in BFME Art & Graphics

Hey everyone!

I've been gone for a veeeeeeery long time and after talking about the BFME games I decided to pop in here for a bit.

In my time that I've been gone, I've been modding/hacking and I've actually learned how to Rig and animate instead of only knowing how to code.

Now that I'm back here, I was thinking about maybe using some of the models from other games and put them in BFME. But it's got me wondering, how large can the model file be? Is there a limit to how large? Is there no limit?

Thanks in advance, guys.

#974840 Celebration topic

Posted by drogoth232 on 23 August 2014 - 05:37 PM in The Green Dragon

I'm extremely happy to see that Rob was finally able to start on HDLH. Jeez, how long has it been since I've last seen an update for that lol?

Man, I miss this place.