I_AM_LEGEND's Content

There have been 17 items by I_AM_LEGEND (Search limited from 28-October 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#628788 Come with me now on a journey through time and space...

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 04 September 2008 - 06:22 AM in Drawing Board & Mod Recruitment

Precisely.

I don't see how T3A could possibly be dead myself or else nobody would be modding on here still... :p
So, do you think Naz will accept the suggestions? I better have my name on that you know, I contributed to it in a way that was as much as you and maybe more... ;)

Anyway, yeah, Similarion's dead then. I suppose it just had to be... though I do know that Naz is planning Morgoth in SEE at some point, and if he accepts our suggestions then he'll be one hell of a summon...
As to my intro video credits thing, Naz hasn't replied about it... I expect that he doesn't like it, but I don't exactly see how... my competitor must have put a HELL load of work into his version to beat mine, I spent ages on it. :p
And you don't even know what it MEANS to be up all night trying every different track in the Lord of the Rings to see which one fits... ;)

#628124 Come with me now on a journey through time and space...

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 02 September 2008 - 08:58 AM in Drawing Board & Mod Recruitment

lol I seem to be the only person REPLYING to this...

So, do you want to start the Similarion mod or continue helping Naz on SEE? Your choice, I'm happy with either it's just that one takes more work... (making a whole new mod, obviously...)
I decided to make a random idea for a BFME II mod that can't be done so I'm gonna do one for Doom - play as either the forces of Hell or Earth!

Nah, that sucks.
Anyway, your call now Kirk.

#626962 Come with me now on a journey through time and space...

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 29 August 2008 - 10:22 AM in Drawing Board & Mod Recruitment

Indeed.

I say you scrap the dumbass idea you've gone and pulled out yours, do some SEE modding like you're assigned to do instead of starting something entirely new and consider my option of modding BFME II into the Simillarion. That way, at least I'll be more inclined to help you out.
I might be the only one though, so be prepared for that... ;)

#626849 Come with me now on a journey through time and space...

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 28 August 2008 - 07:39 PM in Drawing Board & Mod Recruitment

I don't think this mod's going to work out somehow. Too much work involved, you'd have to make completely new models from scratch, and anims, and I'm not sure anyone actually wants to be involved with that...

Why don't you make a mod to turn BFME II into the Simillarion? I like the Simillarion. :p

#626771 THE BUG HUNT - for Beta 4.6!

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 28 August 2008 - 12:38 PM in SEE Bugs

Aw tipical, first time you come on in months and I just miss you by half an hour... :p

Smaug rules over Beorn any day, end of. You want to argue that point we can take this discussion higher Kirk, I have all day. :crazed:
Well, actually not exactly since I have school and you have uni...

Whatever.

#621638 THE BUG HUNT - for Beta 4.6!

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 13 August 2008 - 04:51 AM in SEE Bugs

Putting new folders over old is "not the usual". if you copy a folder over another it will replace files that have idental names, but its like doing a differential tape backup: It wont affect files that already exist that are not overwritten by files being copied with identical names; if the automatic uninstall is available, use it first ie: EA's games use an Installer, then you have to manually remove the folders left.
what you described as happening is not norm, I dont think and might be a result of corrupted installs. just my two cents.

Lol... well thanks for the two cents, I needed it to make a dollar! Don't worry though, I didn't do THAT sort of file copy/pasting, I just redownloaded the SEE mod and replaced the original beta 4.5 SEE file with the one I'd put in beforehand (my old one was doing weird things like making C:\ run slowly, however the new one works fine)... nothing nasty! I do know what happens when you copy/paste files, btw, so don't worry about that one either. Thanks anyway! :xcahik_:

I usually don't reply to posts this long, but since your new...

Thank you, I appreciate the fact that you replied, you could have easily not bothered! :thumbsupsmiley:

Map: Any
What?: Galadriel's silver armour is now gold. WHY GOLD? HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE THE ELF IN SILVER ARMOUR! aaargh... that totally ruined the game for me... the only thing I actually LIKED about BFME II was Galadriel's silver armour! Is there any way that I can change it back? Or is it too deeply embedded into the workings of the game?
*lol* I presume you mean GLORFINDEL? Glorfindel's silver armor is invented by EA, I beleive, and the new armor is made to better fit the Tolkien lore.

Yep, I do mean Glorfindel, sorry! Thanks for correcting me. I didn't realise that the silver armour was invented by EA... in that case I'll leave the matter alone, the gold armour is good enough!

What?: The Goblin fences and spike posts don't show any destruction anims when they are destroyed - also the statues of Sauron and the Necromancer statue for the Goblins have no build up anims. Is this a bug, or is it just because the anims are too hard to make and take too long to do? (If it is for that reason then I won't press for anims to be made, I can live with no build up/build down anims, the game rocks regardless of whether it's included or not!)
It's not a bug. It's a lack of animations, yes. I can't model or animate, so I can only use what I find in the game, or what is donated to me... OR made by Modelers in the team. I'm sure we'll fix that later on though. But it's no priority yet. That's polishing

Thanks, don't worry it's not that much of a problem I was only asking in case it was a bug!

Map: Helm's Deep
What?: When I pressed on the button to make Eowyn become a peasant (she wasn't mounted) she lost all her anim 'bones' and went all floppy and weird when standing still, attacking or moving (picture to be included soon)
That's an old bug, that don't exist in B4.5... Something's wrong in your mod folder. Perhaps you're running an older version?

Nope, it's the latest version of 4.5... but don't worry, it's not a bug I'm that bothered with, and my little brother and sister think it's really funny, so I'll keep it in!

With regards to the red squares around the lights in Helm's Deep, it's probably because I'm playing the game on ultra-low quality (my PC isn't up to much... *sigh*...) so... yeah. I'll edit this post and include a piccie of the 'bug' in a minuite. :thumbsupsmiley:

#621634 Isengard faction

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 13 August 2008 - 04:29 AM in Isengard faction

Alright... well, here's my thoughts on Isengard forces, based on things I've seen in the movies as well as things I've read in my (film-based) book The Lord of the Rings: Weapons and Warfare, which I'm sure that everyone here including Naz must know about!

With regards to troop spamming - definately use half orcs. But limit them to a couple of units as Sauraman wouldn't really have had more then that in Isenguard or in Fangorn as his main focus was on perfecting the Uruk-Hai. I think a good unit to use for the half orcs would definately be EA's old Mordor Orc unit, as they all had the same skin tone and very little variation in weaponary, which would suit the kind of orcs that would have been found in Isenguard as Sauraman wouldn't have cared about making mega-strong armour or weapons for a couple of measly orcs when the resources would be needed for the Uruks. With regards to unit size and grouping, you should try and make the units disordered and have the orcs within each very prone to fighting each other if left to their own devices for too long. Half orcs should also be super weak, with little attack or armour capability. They should also be quite cheap to produce and reasonably fast to make.

My other suggestion is over the Uruk Scout units. I watched the Fellowship of the Ring recently and I noticed that the scouts carried four types of weapons in the film: Short swords (these were shorter then the swords used by the Uruks at Helm's Deep and more like cleavers in shape and design), normal Uruk Swords (like those used by the Uruks of Helm's Deep), Axes and Bows. Some of the uruks had shields and some didn't. Lurtz chose a normal Uruk sword as his weapon of choice as well as a shield and his bow, which was the same as the bows seen strapped to the backs of the scouts. Perhaps scout units can be made with varying weapon combinations and some with shields and some without as well as some with helmets and some without etc, as this would make the game more film-realistic? I know it would take quite a lot to do but this is a FILM mod, so I thought it would be neccesary... also maybe the scouts should have a toggle weapon ability so that they can switch between weapons and bows? It would make the game more even and make the scouts a more rounded unit. It would also allow Lurtz to fit in with them better, because when I watched Lurtz and the Uruks running towards Amon Hen in the film Lurtz did look like a seperate captain, but not as seperate as he appears in SEE, as he still looked like he shared the same rugged 'uniform' as all the other Uruk scouts. I also think that scouts, like the half orcs, should have a more disordered unit appearance rather then having them all ranked out like they're about to enter some great siege... it just doesn't fit the whole feel of the scouts.

On another note for the scouts (as if I haven't covered enough already! :xcahik_: ) I think that they should be stronger and more bloodthirsty then normal Uruks, and have less armour/defences, but have better speed. Normal Uruks should be slower but have better defence/armour. They should also have less strength then the uruk scouts.

With regards to the Uruk Crossbowmen, I agree that they should fire slowly (with recoil) but have super-powerful bolts. They should have the same defences as normal Uruks.

Uruk Pikemen should be slower then normal Uruks (speedwise it should go Scouts > Crossbowmen > Swordsmen > Pikemen) as they have to carry those great long heavy pikes sticking out in front of them. Pikemen are essentially a defensive stance-type unit, used for blockades against oncoming Rohirrim or other horsemen of middle Earth. Pikemen should be super-strong against horsemen but weak against structures or normal warriors/archers.

Beserkers should have higher defences but their attack should stay the same.

Warg Riders should be faster, the fastest and strongest unit in the game (except for the elite Isengard Uruks) and should be able to knock riders off their horses when they charge into them (thinks of the Two Towers, when they run into the Rohirrim Guards and jump at them like wolves, knocking the riders off the horses so that they could bite their faces off). Because let's be realistic, the Warg Riders were never present at the battle of Helm's Deep and were not made to climb walls, they were meant to be a fast attack unit for picking off stragglers and weak peasants (they were sent to kill all the escaping Rohan 'peasants' in the Two Towers, they did not think they would be encountering horsemen, that was a surprise!).

Last but not least, the elite Uruk-Hai of Isengard should be the strongest but slowest of all Uruk units in the game, unable to be knocked down by horses and able to stand fast and tear apart any enemy units that come near them. They should also be able to level up a bit quicker then they do, to indicate their status better as Sauraman's best!

That's all from me, Naz! Hope I've gone into enough detail with all of this and explained it all properly for you as I don't want you getting confused by the amount of ideas I've included here, I just wanted to patch this whole mini-debate up is all. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edit: Also, Naz, would it be possible to take the empty saddles off the back of the Isengard Fell Beasts because it looks really strange... :thumbsupsmiley:

#621552 THE BUG HUNT - for Beta 4.6!

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 12 August 2008 - 09:18 PM in SEE Bugs

Well, I just played SEE for the first time yesterday (managed to install it after much painstaking work of uninstalling, reinstalling, putting new folders over old, changing target boxes, all the usual... it's not painstaking really, I just like to convince myself that it is lol) and I thought it was amazing. TOTALLY amazing. I tell you for one thing, I'm never playing on my old BMFE II game ever again! :p

Anyway, so here are some buggy things that I noticed (as well as something I'd like to have changed to make the game run better in my eyes, it all comes under the same category I suppose... although this is ONLY meant to be a bug hunt... :unsure: )

What I've noticed:

What?: The lamps placed around the map have big red squares behind them where the shine of their light is supposed to be (picture to be included soon, when I find some program that can take pictures in game)

What?: When I pressed on the button to make Eowyn become a peasant (she wasn't mounted) she lost all her anim 'bones' and went all floppy and weird when standing still, attacking or moving (picture to be included soon)

What?: Galadriel's silver armour is now gold. WHY GOLD? HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE THE ELF IN SILVER ARMOUR! aaargh... that totally ruined the game for me... the only thing I actually LIKED about BFME II was Galadriel's silver armour! Is there any way that I can change it back? Or is it too deeply embedded into the workings of the game?

Don't worry Galadriel, I'll save you yet... :p

What?: The Goblin fences and spike posts don't show any destruction anims when they are destroyed - also the statues of Sauron and the Necromancer statue for the Goblins have no build up anims. Is this a bug, or is it just because the anims are too hard to make and take too long to do? (If it is for that reason then I won't press for anims to be made, I can live with no build up/build down anims, the game rocks regardless of whether it's included or not! :D )

But, to counter the things I didn't like about the mod, I'll list a few things that I did:

1) Ultra-film realism
2) Loads of new units and maps
3) SMAUG!!! :rolleyes:
And an AI that thinks about it's defences before sending in a kazillion units to kill you before you've even had a chance to build anything yourself - and much more realistic build times! I don't know about anyone else but those two little things made the game so much more easier to play for me and was a great help when I was trying to plan where to place buildings in my fortress or what things to capture etc (something I usually have trouble with... I'll still be building my first wall section when a 'new horde of Orcs' comes and tears it apart in the normal BFME II...)
...and last but not least, that new RJ-Cam ROCKS! It was one of the things I found most enjoyable to use in the game. It makes the whole setup of BFME II closer to the thing that EA was supposed to produce in the first place... I'd always wondered how they could get all those ground shots in the 'video' bits of the game and yet we were always given the same old 'tactical phase' view from above during gameplay, whatever amazing combination of buttons we pressed to try and make things better.

I will request one thing though, if it's not too much trouble: please would you be able to put the RJ-Cam on Minas Tirith and Helm's Deep, and perhaps make a map for the mines of Moria because that was one of my most faveroute locations in the films?
Oh and Naz, where be Bree? BFME just 'aint BFME until there's a map of Bree that I can bust it up with my Ringwraiths and a massive army of Gorgoroth Orcs!

Anyway... great job and thanks for an awesome mod Naz! I can't wait for beta 4.7 and all the updates that it'll hold! (As of yet I only know of the new Evil Men faction... but even if that was the only thing that made the beta a beta it would be worth downloading for! :p )

Edit: AND THANK YOU FOR PUTTING IN ALL NINE RINGWRAITHS! AT LONG LAST I CAN HUNT FRODO IN TRUE RINGWRAITH STYLE! (On fellbeasts, to be exact, though horses and footwork does good when it comes to hunting little hobbits as well :) )

#621546 Installation of Beta 4.5 - no worky!?

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 12 August 2008 - 09:00 PM in SEE Support

I descovered the problem with SEE, I just had to reinstall it. With regards to the patch updates thing, I'll look at what others have put about it... but I just can't seem to get my game to download any new updates! :p

Thanks for the help anyway :rolleyes:

#621311 Installation of Beta 4.5 - no worky!?

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 12 August 2008 - 03:50 AM in SEE Support

Yeah, no problems with firewall. Thanks for the link, I'll give it a go.
Basically what happens when I go onto updates is it goes 'there is a file found do you want to update' or something like that, I click OK, it goes 'connecting' and then 'finding file' and then it closes and says 'file not found'.

#621303 Installation of Beta 4.5 - no worky!?

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 12 August 2008 - 03:18 AM in SEE Support

Yeah, my game doesn't run the patch update thing... I've tried about three times now.
Can you give me a link to a place where I can download the patch and install it?

#621278 Installation of Beta 4.5 - no worky!?

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 12 August 2008 - 01:39 AM in SEE Support

Yeah, I ran the patch... though I've just reinstalled my BFME II game again a few seconds ago, just so that I can get some reccomendations from people as to where to get the best version of the patch from and on how to install it, so that I know I've done it properly this time.

As to a legal copy, I don't do illegal games, mine is a purchased from shop original.

I've just installed my game into the usual directory, by the way - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle Earth ™ II, If that's any help.

#621271 Installation of Beta 4.5 - no worky!?

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 12 August 2008 - 01:19 AM in SEE Support

Alright, time to give y'all my story. I'm hoping somebody here can help because believe me, I WANT TO PLAY SEE! NOW! OR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! OR AT LEAST AS SOON AS SOMEONE HAS THE TIME TO HELP ME! OR AT LEAST SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES!

Anyway...

Well, it all started this morning when my mate introduced me to SEE and told me how good it was, and roped me into it. (Well, it wasn't really a roping I decided for myself that the mod rocked and that I wanted to play it.) He was a member of this site, so I created an account.

When I read that to play SEE you had to have patch 1.06 installed, I went to Start\Programs\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle Earth ™ II\Check for updates. When I checked for the updates, it asked me if I wanted to install the new patch, and I clicked yes, and the dumbass thing failed on me.

So, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game and tried the same check for updates thing again. And once more, it failed.
I then proceeded to go online and find the patch myself, after which I placed the .big file in My Battle for Middle Earth ™ II files.

Alls well, it works, patch appears to be running as it should on my game.

So, I download SEE. I extract the WHOLE folder to My Battle for Middle Earth ™ II files. I do all the change start and target box and copy to desktop and all that, and then start the game.

Hallelulia, it brings up the splash screen. Then, it crashes, telling me i've got some error that it can't correct or something like that, and then it brings up the classic game.dat error and tells me to send an error message when I don't want to. They say they're sorry for my inconvinience, but I'm of the opinion that that's a lie.

Can anybody help me out here? Please? I really want to play SEE! :crazed:

By the way, if it's any help, my normal BFME II game works fine. Out of intrest, does anybody know whether I've installed the patch into the right place? Because I'm new to the whole patch your game thing lol :p

#621264 SEE Player/Fan Gallery

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 12 August 2008 - 12:55 AM in The SEE mod & Forums

What, on ultra low, the new skins don't show up AT ALL?
I'm taking the lag and upping to low. I'm not having this! :crazed:

#621241 S.E.E. Forum Member introduction

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 11 August 2008 - 11:34 PM in The SEE Forums

Blast... it failed...

Why can't I install SEE?

I installed the patch...
I put the SEE folder in the correct place...
Changed the target, start box etc...
Clicked on it...
Error message with such severity that the game has to close...
And game.dat encounters an error and needs to close. They're sorry for my inconvinience...
Liars.

*Sigh*... anyone else had this problem or is it just me? :crazed:

#621235 SEE Player/Fan Gallery

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 11 August 2008 - 11:21 PM in The SEE mod & Forums

Some really nice pictures here everybody!

I'll upload some myself when I manage to install the mod...
Unfortunately the game can only play at ultra-low settings on my PC (because it SUCKS absolutely) so they'll be nothing special...

#621232 S.E.E. Forum Member introduction

Posted by I_AM_LEGEND on 11 August 2008 - 11:10 PM in The SEE Forums

Hey everyone, I'm new here as well (this is my first post! :crazed: )

Can I just say to Naz that this is the best mod I've ever seen for BMFE II, and indeed for any of the games that I play. I hated BFME II and thought it was a real cop out. An utter waste of my money and time. But this is really cool and everything I ever wanted the game to be (and more!)

I'm currently trying to install the mod as I type... just downloading patch 1.06, then I've got to follow all the instructions (shouldn't be too hard) to install!