Glaeken's Content

There have been 9 items by Glaeken (Search limited from 06-June 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#959984 Umbar

Posted by Glaeken on 08 June 2014 - 03:05 AM in SEE Mapping

I'm really liking the beach and rocky island - awesome!!

#956403 New Map - Minas Morgul

Posted by Glaeken on 07 May 2014 - 11:48 AM in SEE Mapping

Well done!

It's very rewarding to see the efforts of such long toil come to fruition.

#956402 crashing non-stop when trying to texture

Posted by Glaeken on 07 May 2014 - 11:41 AM in Worldbuilder

NJM,  I heard you recently overcame this issue, is that correct?

If so, how or what did you do to resolve it? 

#954778 Sauron Maps

Posted by Glaeken on 21 April 2014 - 07:32 AM in Worldbuilder

I have to say I'm really diggin' these maps, buddy.  I feel your pain, that I know you had, with all of those stairs.

You definitely achieved the 'feel' of the geographic area pretty well.  Cluttered?  Perhaps, but it's sometimes tough to balance the esthetic with the playability and still retain the visual.  I remember the disheartened feeling I had after completing the Corinth city for the TPW mod.  I was pretty happy with how it looked, ya know, visually.  But then it hit me all of a sudden:  "Oh crap, folks might want to play in the city....oops, pathing is gonna be a bear."

One of the things I like in the Umbar map here is the different areas all seem to have purpose - the market area, the dock, the grand entrance.  Nice touch with the construction strewn all over.  Keeping the different city sections easily identifiable can be difficult to do when you try to create large pathways and battle area within a city.  It's easy for the city to end up looking like a random jumble of sprawl if you don't pay attention.

Good job!

#954166 Isengard - rescaled for S.E.E.

Posted by Glaeken on 15 April 2014 - 12:12 AM in SEE Mapping

Awesome, learn something new every day!  Thanks, Fudge.

#954122 Isengard - rescaled for S.E.E.

Posted by Glaeken on 14 April 2014 - 04:23 PM in SEE Mapping

NJM,  Glad to see you starting this map again!  I just love the scaffolding work.

Out of curiosity, in the second picture of your 05 April post, how did you get the texture of the cavern walls to show the 'sediment layers' so well without them being distorted by the sheer unfeathered height difference?

#952451 TPW Sneak Peeks & Small Updates

Posted by Glaeken on 29 March 2014 - 07:59 PM in The Peloponnesian Wars - Development

If it hasn't changed - Yes!

#952449 TPW Sneak Peeks & Small Updates

Posted by Glaeken on 29 March 2014 - 07:55 PM in The Peloponnesian Wars - Development

Wow, thank you all for the praise.  Coming from you folks it means more to me than I can convey.

Given the amount of time, dedication, effort, and ultimate product put into this mod by everyone on the team, I would be embarassed to not strive for the same.

Mathijs, you're baiting me with that screenshot, right? 

#952447 Best mappers across all the BFME games

Posted by Glaeken on 29 March 2014 - 07:32 PM in Worldbuilder

I apologize for the necro.

Friends, I'm truly humbled by the accolades, especially given the immense talent that frequents this site.  Thank you!

I'm quite proud to be listed among those that have been my inspiration, motivation, and virtual-mentors, for quite a few years now.  I was but a lurker in the HighElvenLord days and seeing the development of talented individuals that are now long-standing members has been a very rewarding experience for me.

I would probably be embarassed to list my favorite mappers because it would contain unintended omissions.  So suffice it to say that I wouldn't have attempted mapping were it not for those that came before me or are still active mappers.

NJM put it very succinctly in that ideas, methods, and inspirations, for me too, have come from the members of this board.