evilbobthebob's Content

There have been 69 items by evilbobthebob (Search limited from 21-September 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1082834 Phoenix Rising v2.0 Public Beta

Posted by evilbobthebob on 30 April 2018 - 06:24 PM in Phoenix Rising News

Yeah there should be a wrap-up patch for the ModDB version soon. It will become quite difficult to support it moving forward though, because that version will not be getting the save crash fixes the Steam version does. That means larger GCs may be impossible to support for non-Steam versions in the future.

#1082401 Phoenix Rising v2.0 Public Beta

Posted by evilbobthebob on 21 April 2018 - 08:56 PM in Phoenix Rising News

While that setting can help with larger GCs, any regions of close together planets will be very overlapped and difficult to move troops between.

#1082050 Phoenix Rising v2.0 Public Beta

Posted by evilbobthebob on 15 April 2018 - 01:25 AM in Phoenix Rising News

Now released on ModDB as a separate download: http://www.moddb.com...rising-v20-beta

#1081711 Phoenix Rising v2.0 Public Beta

Posted by evilbobthebob on 08 April 2018 - 03:16 PM in Phoenix Rising News

After the success of the demo, I have decided to move forward with a public beta phase, released via update to the Steam version of the demo. This will introduce the full set of galactic conquests that are currently work-in-progress. You should expect more bugs than the demo version, but also many more opportunities to try out new parts of the mod.

Known issues:

Missing text

Poor performance in some GCs

Missing CSA units

Unit filter buttons may sometimes display an incorrect state if pressed rapidly

Sandbox missions may show incorrect information

Changelog from demo:
Full GC set (Work in progress)

New filter buttons: click to hide different classes of space units/research

Updated tech trees for Rebels and Empire

Fixed some weapons not firing from muzzles correctly

Space colonies now correctly show up in battle results

Please report bugs here or on the Steam discussion page.

#1078486 More Demo bugfixes

Posted by evilbobthebob on 25 February 2018 - 03:24 PM in Phoenix Rising News

A new set of bugfixes and other improvements has made its way to the demo, both on Steam and ModDB.

Changelog for version 2.0.2

- Did a pass on ground unit AI combat power so the AI sends more reasonable amounts of units into land combat
- Added infantry highlight icons so that infantry are more visible in combat. Current icons are Red for Imperial infantry, Blue for Rebel infantry and White for Independent infantry.
- Fixed firing muzzle positions for AT-AT, T4 series, and ground-based turbolaser turrets.
- Improved AI starbase upgrade responsiveness, they should now tend to upgrade if the opponent does.
- Garrison structures are now visible through fog-of-war
- Kyle Katarn now uses a Stormtrooper One blaster rifle instead of the post-Dark Trooper campaign assault cannon.
- Golans and shipyards are now placed better on space maps. Golans should generally protect shipyards and the colony.
- Land combat camera now has full yaw rotation and adjusted zoom
- Added Skyhook fleet information in the startup dialogue box.
- Added TIE Starfighter specific skin (the TIE Starfighter is the first in the main TIE line)
- AI responds better to planetary bonuses.
- General scripting performance improvements
- Multiple attempts at reducing the prevalance of save game crashes.
- Updated space missile models for concussion, proton torpedo and proton rockets

#1078069 v2 Demo bug report thread

Posted by evilbobthebob on 18 February 2018 - 05:03 PM in Bug Reporting

Thanks for more info. This issue is probably more likely on the 4GB RAM system, but I remember having the same bug in v1.2 (or maybe an earlier one) when I had plenty of HDD space and RAM.

#1077996 v2 Demo bug report thread

Posted by evilbobthebob on 17 February 2018 - 03:48 PM in Bug Reporting

That's good to hear. I am primarily developing on the Steam version since it has actually been updated. I do have access to a disk version though and even testing on there I haven't had many of the same issues as players have reported. It's confusing.

#1077977 v2 Demo bug report thread

Posted by evilbobthebob on 17 February 2018 - 07:08 AM in Bug Reporting

Thanks for the further information. I've personally experienced the 0 byte save bug with older versions of PR so I understand what you mean now. I haven't had the issue with the demo so I'm not sure what's causing it in your case. I haven't had it reported by anybody else either. All the other savegame issues have been after successfully saving then trying to load the saved game, causing an immediate crash.

#1077897 v2 Demo bug report thread

Posted by evilbobthebob on 16 February 2018 - 05:00 AM in Bug Reporting

Well if nothing has changed with the mod then it's likely saves will start working again in the same way they stopped: randomly. It's a very strange bug for sure.

#1077894 v2 Demo bug report thread

Posted by evilbobthebob on 16 February 2018 - 02:20 AM in Bug Reporting

That's extremely strange, if older working saves have somehow broken. I don't know what could have happened there unless you either 1) made changes to the mod that broke all saves or 2) your storage device has some problems.

#1077883 v2 Demo bug report thread

Posted by evilbobthebob on 15 February 2018 - 10:13 PM in Bug Reporting

Including older saves that previously worked?

#1077864 v2 Demo bug report thread

Posted by evilbobthebob on 15 February 2018 - 04:25 PM in Bug Reporting

You need at least 1 ground structure for the upgrades to show up as well. Not sure why some of the heroes aren't working, I'll check myself. At max level the upgrade tooltip disappears because, well, they're max level, so they can't upgrade any more.

#1077861 v2 Demo bug report thread

Posted by evilbobthebob on 15 February 2018 - 03:47 PM in Bug Reporting

Windowed mode shouldn't make a difference either way. Are you sure the game is actually crashing, or is it just appearing to not respond? It can take a very long time to save games in PR especially if you have a normal HDD and not a solid-state drive.

#1077837 v2 Demo bug report thread

Posted by evilbobthebob on 15 February 2018 - 04:09 AM in Bug Reporting

Thanks for the report. 2) is our name for the experimental version of the TIE Interceptor, in the same way that the first prototype of the Defender is called the TIE Advanced x5.

4) should only occur when you capture cargo containers in space combat. If it's happening at another time that's odd.

#1077836 List of Suggestions for 1.2

Posted by evilbobthebob on 15 February 2018 - 04:07 AM in Community Suggestions

The issue there is the order the structures were placed, not very much I can do about that. There are possible fixes that I might consider if it gets too easy to snipe shipyards, but from my point of view it's a valid tactic. The AI could do a better job defending itself, and that's something that can be worked on.

#1077812 List of Suggestions for 1.2

Posted by evilbobthebob on 14 February 2018 - 04:23 PM in Community Suggestions

Any chance of Using sandbox events as a means of occasionally giving out non-buildable units?

I like for the Revels, a random event could pop up to take out a slaver fleet. When you do you get a couple squads of Wookiee warriors.

Or for the empire, can you get tasked with putting down an insurrection on a planet and when you do Tarkin offers some of his personal terror unit, say Lancets or something.

Just on the sandbox campaigns, not historical. Idk how random events can be, but it would be a nice way to add some randomness and replay value, while also giving a chance to play with some shiny toys we don’t get to see often.

Yeah that's doable and something I'll probably add in since making reward units non-buildable also makes them tech-independent.

Suggestion for 1.2 or 2.1 whatever.

You seem to believe Nebulon frigate has hangar room for 2 full fighter squadrons. Hm, 300 meters but only limited room space. I've read Megabalta's article and I would be glad to hear your opinion.

http://www.moddb.com...arrier#imagebox

"I think I'm kind of a nerd. This is why I look trough all the ship models I use in true scale to judge if Wookiepedia says bullshit. I was always wondering about how a Nebulon B frigate could carry 24 fighters plus shuttles. How could you fit any of those into that? The answer is: you can't."

Look at the picture.

============

It seems that ISD2 in PR has now weaker shields (40.000 vs 48.000) than ISD1 and the same armor (32) but stronger hull and guns. Really? Venator II has stronger shields than ISD2 (44.160).

I believe we discussed fighter capacity for the Nebulon internally and came to the conclusion that at least TIE fighters would be on external racks (like the Carrack) and we only put 18 Z-95s on it for the Rebel version. No shuttles in either version. I think that's fine for now, maybe I revisit it later. Weaker shields on the ISD II is due to the extreme power requirements of the octuple guns relative to the ISD I. Same thing happens to the Tector. The Venator needs stronger shields to protect its vulnerable hangar deck, and it has much weaker guns.

#1077739 v2.0 Changelog

Posted by evilbobthebob on 13 February 2018 - 05:15 PM in Phoenix Rising News

The question is: when using switch option for shock troopers will it switch between proton torpedoes and blaster pistols?

Yes. The switch weapons ability says it will switch to the secondary armament i.e. a blaster pistol, whereas the rocket launcher is the primary (first in the list).

You need to use the E_ variant of the Executor to have it spawn fighters. Yes it's large, no the maps aren't getting larger to compensate because they are already very large and easy to lose enemy units in.

#1077724 v2 Demo bug report thread

Posted by evilbobthebob on 13 February 2018 - 03:45 PM in Bug Reporting

I'll do some testing myself and see what improvements it makes in terms of reducing crashes.

#1077723 Screenshots (demo 2.0.1)

Posted by evilbobthebob on 13 February 2018 - 03:45 PM in General Discussion

Thanks! I was very happy with the Lianna map when I finished it.

#1077722 v2.0 Changelog

Posted by evilbobthebob on 13 February 2018 - 03:44 PM in Phoenix Rising News

Assault missiles are simply heavier concussion missiles that can't target anything smaller than a freighter. They just do flat damage.

The pistol of the shock trooper is listed in its armaments, what exactly are you asking? For the swap ability to list the weapon it swaps to specifically?

#1077697 v2 Demo bug report thread

Posted by evilbobthebob on 13 February 2018 - 07:06 AM in Bug Reporting

Possibly, but having the files packed is the only consistent way to get AI working.

#1077690 v2 Demo bug report thread

Posted by evilbobthebob on 13 February 2018 - 12:27 AM in Bug Reporting

Land unit cap is broken primarily on Steam due to something that happened with one of the updates I think. Nothing we can do on our end as far as I know.

Losing the stormtroopers is very strange...no idea what happened there.

Yeah some heroes are lacking the display and unit highlight, that needs to be fixed systematically (which will happen at some point).

Hero skills are listed in the old 1.2 manual for the most part.

#1077681 v2 Demo bug report thread

Posted by evilbobthebob on 12 February 2018 - 11:14 PM in Bug Reporting

Yeah the droid stuff is there as fluff mostly right now. You may have noticed that Eriadu has Factories (Droid) which isn't very useful right now.

#1077657 v2 Demo bug report thread

Posted by evilbobthebob on 12 February 2018 - 07:28 PM in Bug Reporting

Hockaleg and Despayre were possible Death Star construction locations, so they have to have level 5 yards just for the Death Star. You can try building Praetors there...but it will take a long time!

The Rebels were probably retreating from another battle and Lianna looked "neutral" when the retreat happened. Regarding the Golans, that's a fun bug...thanks for finding it. I'll have to look into the planet changeover code, it clearly isn't wiping out the space structures.

#1077608 v2 Demo bug report thread

Posted by evilbobthebob on 11 February 2018 - 10:26 PM in Bug Reporting

Haha yeah I moved it over there to prevent it overlapping with the text from heroes- but clearly it should just be moved back. Thanks for the report