flyby's Content

There have been 46 items by flyby (Search limited from 30-November 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#22241 Would it be possible...

Posted by flyby on 01 June 2004 - 08:47 AM in GenDev

I fear it is a bit more complicated then just "cut and paste".... :)
You'd need the source code of both programs...

#13326 All Banned from Bl!tz

Posted by flyby on 18 February 2004 - 12:20 PM in Radio Room

OK, Detail and fellow TFH members, you want to turn a situation into personal vendetta, don't you?
Fine…Since most of you continue to target me personally, I'll change weapons from shoulder.
Instead of hitting the brakes at Blitz to soften up things, I’ll hit the throttle then…

You'll notice the difference soon enough... :p

#13314 All Banned from Bl!tz

Posted by flyby on 18 February 2004 - 08:39 AM in Radio Room

Nobody is banned.
Only your profile is set back to its original state of a "normal" member, because the "Merging" was apparently going nowhere. Instead of asking somebody at Blitz what happened, you directly jump to a conclusion that has little to do with reality, but that fits conveniently into your personal opinion.

I do regret however none of the admins took the effort to warn you about the change in profile. An error has been made there, I agree on that.

As for the rest of the hateful remarks: it's easy to find a stick to beat a dog with....

I could as easily dig up a few of the past events from this forum to drag TFH through the mud. But what good would it serve, except for personal vengance?

#12406 politics

Posted by flyby on 01 February 2004 - 12:47 AM in Radio Room

Ah, fine, I always forget about you guys.  Your government hasn't been the same for the entire time, but close enough.  I'm American.
:)

huh...I'm not even English ...
Just the basic history knowledge that all of our highschool kids get on the "old continent" :blinky:
Been a "while" since I got that class, but I still remember. :bluch:

#12359 politics

Posted by flyby on 31 January 2004 - 05:04 PM in Radio Room

Not sure where you're from ,Mastermind, but England is the longest lived democracy in the world. anno 1649, IIRC... :blinky:
They were the first to have an elected parliament...

#12562 New english War factory

Posted by flyby on 21 January 2004 - 09:21 PM in Radio Room

Everyone always gets up-tight with flybys posts: It's the human races' dis-like of bad comments mixed with his doctor-like delivery "I'm sorry your model is dead".

:p :lol:
That's the first time since long somebody was able to call me an assshole in such a nice way!

Let's put an end to this misery, ok? It isn't going anywhere. Ok Trevor?
All of you, take a shovel, make a pit, put all those pointless accusations in it, fill it up again and stomp on it a few times... :rolo:

#12507 New english War factory

Posted by flyby on 21 January 2004 - 09:44 AM in Radio Room

Ive never said anything to flyby, I think his advice is good.

I sadely don't get that feeling it is being appreciated.
Some of you only want to hear praises but don't have the ability to deal with criticism. When ever I raise some questions I get my nose bitten off.
I have a feeling that these mutual mudtrowing parties polarize opinions to such an extend that some people can no longer distinguish between a fist and a helping hand.
pffff...I'm really dissapointed, as my remarks were made with good intentions. :(

#13304 New english War factory

Posted by flyby on 20 January 2004 - 08:58 AM in Radio Room

Tanka,
before you continue to spread more "enthousiasm", I'd wait till TFH hit the streets before continuing this debate.
You'll then find out that however carefully you planned things, you'll always end up with comments and remarks you hadn't considered or simply didn't have time for.

So far, I did my best to keep the bitching back and forth to a minimum by warning some of the Blitz crewmembers NOT to get involved. However, if you see it fit to break this "understanding" unilaterally, I can do the opposite aswel and fire up the agression as easily.... <_<
I'm not a war monger, but I'm not planning to let walk over me either. So let's keep this kind of hateful remarks aside please?

#11301 New english War factory

Posted by flyby on 19 January 2004 - 10:19 PM in Radio Room

Very intelligent freefall...
an excellent way to start a flamewar over again... <_<

#9334 Progress...

Posted by flyby on 21 December 2003 - 10:18 AM in Radio Room

What's that B52 doing there? :p :)

What's the purpose of the Hanomag? troop transport?
No Pz. V Panther or Kingtiger?
About the Flakpanzer, if it is Pz. IV based : Is it the Möbelwagen, Wirbelwind or Ostwind?

#8954 We got him

Posted by flyby on 15 December 2003 - 09:30 AM in Open Topic

I think his capture came too early to have any real impact on your presidential elections.
A lot can happen in 11 months and it only takes a few of nasty suicide attacks with a lot of American casualties to sway it around 180°.

If you see the man has been hiding for 8 months without apparent contact or communications with his leftover military staff, you have to realize that the resistance is organized from elsewhere.
The only direct benefit is the increase of faith the Iraqi people get in the American forces. But if life in Iraq can't be stabilized and normalized rapidly it will also disappear quickly. They just want work, water, electricity and security like anyone else.

I'm kinda perplexed that a technological advanced superpower as America, is unable to provide the continuity of basic things like electricity and gasoline (in a country that has one of the biggest oil reserves..)

I do not share this unconditional euphoria about Saddams capture (which is a good thing never the less!) because it defocuses public opinion from the real issues.

#8896 updates?

Posted by flyby on 14 December 2003 - 03:51 PM in Radio Room

there is an error on the screenshot page:
http://tfh.game-mod....screenshots.php

#8713 New tank preview

Posted by flyby on 10 December 2003 - 08:49 PM in Radio Room

Detail, we're a bit on a different wave length here:

I'm realist enough to know that you never or rarely get something perfect from a first try. That's why I said "try to do it right from the start" and not "make it perfect from the start".
You're focusing on the end result while I take more importance to the attitude taken towards starting a job.

Let me re-engineer my previous statement to illustrate what i mean: if you don't care about making the best of it, then don't try at all...
It sounds a lot more aggressive when put this way, so that's why I preferred the other description.. :bluch:

This has nothing to do with perfection, as perfection is only obtained through experience or an insanely lucky strike.

#8702 New tank preview

Posted by flyby on 10 December 2003 - 08:15 PM in Radio Room

My philosophy is that, if you make or do something you might aswell try to do it right from the start.
If you learn to model for example, making your first model will take you much longer that way, I agree, but you'll have learned a lot more then when you slam something together to get a fast-fast result...
It's not about being a history nerd or not, but about a general attitude in life.
We all appreciate a job well done, wheter it comes from your garagist or your baker, no? So why not impose the same rules you like to see imposed on others? :D

#8678 Fame strikes

Posted by flyby on 10 December 2003 - 11:55 AM in Radio Room

Sigh.. that will never happen to me.... -_-

I never take the bus... :D :wub:

#8668 New tank preview

Posted by flyby on 10 December 2003 - 09:42 AM in Radio Room

But does it have to be "totally" accurate.

Yes nlln

Now that's what I like to hear !! :D

#721 Just to dampen the appetite

Posted by flyby on 08 December 2003 - 02:18 PM in Radio Room

To what level have the infantry been changed?
-just re-skinned ?
-newly made mesh?
-completely new package, including animations?

#8509 unit listing?

Posted by flyby on 06 December 2003 - 12:46 PM in Radio Room

I'm sure you guys got a unit listing, but will you make it public?

#7368 Just to dampen the appetite

Posted by flyby on 03 December 2003 - 03:01 PM in Radio Room

Come to think about it:
It's kinda funny how copyrights are perceived by others.
In this case, the man who models is almost automatically associated as "the man who made it".
But you find this in real examples also:
The Rolling Stones = Mike Jagger.... but who are the others? :)

Don't worry; this is not a Quiz, but just to show that people often associate the most visible person with the group. This doesn't say the others are less important doh, but that's how people react...

#8245 Just to dampen the appetite

Posted by flyby on 03 December 2003 - 01:42 PM in Radio Room

Then include all statistics!
That will prevent any future mistakes from us, ignorant viewers...:)

Tiger I
German side-heavy tank
475 polygons

Modelled by X
Unwrapped by X
Skinned by Y
Boned by Z
Coded by Q

#8163 updates?

Posted by flyby on 02 December 2003 - 10:14 AM in Radio Room

and? :so:

#7761 Chit Chat

Posted by flyby on 25 November 2003 - 09:35 AM in Radio Room

How is TFH currently structured?
Who does what?

#7546 updates?

Posted by flyby on 20 November 2003 - 11:18 PM in Radio Room

ah.. nice! I'm looking forward to it.

I'm curious what you guys have done so far. :)

#7522 updates?

Posted by flyby on 20 November 2003 - 12:19 PM in Radio Room

Last news update is from 15 okt!
that's 5 weeks ago... :)

I get the impression you're now doing the opposite as before:
Instead of showing premature WIP's to the public, you're showing nothing now, which isn't a good PR strategy either... <_<

It gives the false impression this thing is going belly up...

#7476 New Ship

Posted by flyby on 19 November 2003 - 11:47 AM in Radio Room

Is it modelled after a real model or is it just an imaginary thing?