PurpleGaga27's Content

There have been 436 items by PurpleGaga27 (Search limited from 19-January 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1105734 Picture of the day

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on Yesterday, 06:14 AM in Media Discussion

I doubt Dune will be as epic as Star Wars 40 yrs ago and Lord of the Rings 20 years ago. I wonder what the music be like since Hans Zimmer has his hands full for four movies this year (No Time To Die, Wonder Woman 1984, Top Gun Maverick and Dune).

#1105730 Video of the Day

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 17 January 2020 - 09:00 PM in Media Discussion

Instant classic:

#1105727 Awesome Music topic

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 17 January 2020 - 06:39 PM in Media Discussion

Turbo Knight is back for some more:

#1105726 Awesome Music topic

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 17 January 2020 - 06:17 PM in Media Discussion

It's Friday, and instead of the worst song ever (you know which one), I decided to post these instead.

#1105719 Awesome Music topic

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 17 January 2020 - 02:04 AM in Media Discussion

#1105715 Free giveaway on promotional game(s) -- post them here

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 16 January 2020 - 07:05 PM in Open Topic

Horace is the next weekly freebie game at the Epic Games Store.

#1105714 Awesome Music topic

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 16 January 2020 - 06:58 PM in Media Discussion

Based on the song title name, I think I might have found the un-official theme song to Epic Games:

And... one of the most underrated rocky cyberpunk songs ever:

#1105713 Awesome Music topic

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 16 January 2020 - 06:46 PM in Media Discussion

It's Thursday.

#1105703 Free giveaway on promotional game(s) -- post them here

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 16 January 2020 - 12:40 AM in Open Topic

Meow.... Cat Simulator is free to get on Steam for a limited time. Simulation has gotten too ridiculous recently.

#1105699 Awesome Music topic

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 15 January 2020 - 10:31 PM in Media Discussion

Wednesday is here, and it's only the day that there's no perfect Wednesday song to fit into. Most of them are crap rap.

#1105676 Awesome Music topic

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 15 January 2020 - 04:25 AM in Media Discussion

iAmMandolis is back with a new album since 2014:  https://iammanolis.com/album/iam

And this:

#1105675 Awesome Music topic

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 15 January 2020 - 04:13 AM in Media Discussion

Possibly the darkest, grittiest and sexiest music video yet for synthwave. If Megan McDuffee was in it, I would have given it a 10/10.

Finally my first favorite song of 2020.

However viewer discretion is advised. 

And this:

#1105648 Free giveaway on promotional game(s) -- post them here

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 14 January 2020 - 05:41 PM in Open Topic

Looks like Epic Games will keep continuing giving away a freebie game(s) of the week until the end of 2020: https://www.pcworld....ghout-2020.html

#1105647 Awesome Music topic

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 14 January 2020 - 05:34 PM in Media Discussion

It's Tuesday, and time to go back for other tunes.

This 80s song carry the day:

#1105646 Awesome Music topic

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 14 January 2020 - 05:28 PM in Media Discussion

#1105634 Awesome Music topic

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 13 January 2020 - 06:03 PM in Media Discussion

In the meantime.... another rocky song:

#1105632 Awesome Music topic

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 13 January 2020 - 05:24 PM in Media Discussion

It's Monday, and time to go back one last time for "day" songs:

#1105619 Awesome Music topic

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 12 January 2020 - 06:44 PM in Media Discussion

Decent retrowave music last week until these two showed up.

Unfortunately what's happened to Roxi Drive's voice? It's like as if she can't sing anymore despite she wrote the song. She sounds totally different in that one. Even I think Nina Boldt would have really nailed this one though.

Now this is rocky:

#1105578 Free giveaway on promotional game(s) -- post them here

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 10 January 2020 - 06:54 AM in Open Topic

Headsnatchers is free to get at the Humble Bundle Store until Jan. 12th.

#1105566 Free giveaway on promotional game(s) -- post them here

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 09 January 2020 - 05:46 PM in Open Topic

Looks like Epic Games is going the freebie game of the week once again this year... who knows how long that trend will continue. Sorry Valve and Steam, you suck. Even some free to play games there should have been 1-day or 1-week permanent promo freebies.

Sundered: Eldritch Edition is now the next freebie game of the week at the Epic Games Store.

#1105556 Free giveaway on promotional game(s) -- post them here

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 08 January 2020 - 07:08 PM in Open Topic

Memoranda, Death Goat, War of the Human Tanks and Daily Chronicle: Editor’s Edition are free to get in Indiegala for a few days.

#1105546 WWIII or doom for Uncle Sam?

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 08 January 2020 - 06:38 AM in Current Events, Politics, Philosophy

Because right now there are too many things wrong with Trump right now and he's getting impeached. That incident with Iran is just a distraction. Most people don't want another costly war. America is still divided whereas its democracy is still in the darkness.

Right now it's too early to determine the outcome and I don't know what will happen next.

#1105543 Top 10 TV Shows (excluding reality) that really need to end

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 08 January 2020 - 04:45 AM in Media Discussion

I stopped watching these shows for quite some time but I wished they end already, and this is the new decade where new things await. Streaming has already started to sink these old shows.

There's one specific show that's still existing since the 1980s and that is...

1. The Simpsons
It's FOX's longest running show and the longest running animated show in North America but not the world (that goes to a Japanese educated show). After over 30 seasons of great humor and jokes, the voice actors over the characters have gotten old that it's time to retire. Strangely enough the characters in the animation never seemed to have aged, but at least it did have full widescreen HD this decade. Another show that shares resemblance with The Simpsons is....

2. Pokemon
23 seasons and now comes a new series (Pocket Monsters) that involves all eight regions of the Pokemon series (that means all Pokemon and all previous music of the last 20 years), if only that part is the final adventure for Ash Ketchum to become a Pokemon master. Like the Simpsons, Ash and his friends never seemed to have aged and so is the Pokemon. In addition to voice makeover changes, the recent seasons have been criticized for the changing of the animations and that show went downhill from there. Also how many times Team Rocket got blasted off again by Pikachu's electric shock? Most things never change but it should.

3. Power Rangers
Over 22 seasons, different styles, different characters, different megazords, same old tradition. My favorite versions were Lost Galaxy and Lightspeed Rescue back in the late 1990s to early 2000s. The last time I watched Power Rangers was the entire 20th season and nothing much has changed! Unfortunately innovation is pretty much getting thin from the Japanese originators, unless they bring a Deus Ex Megazord in a cyberpunk universe.

4. The Walking Dead // Fear The Walking Dead
The stories are decent. The zombies are decent. Most of the main characters walked off or being killed off in the writing. The only main character left in the series should be going "Death Stranding". After Rick Grimes had gone, everything changed. It's better off with a film series like Mission Impossible.

5. NCIS
The longest spin-off TV show to JAG needs to end like as if there's nothing new to look at. Like the Hawaii Five-O reboot, I am tired of the junk talking that shouldn't be there and had nothing to do with the main event of any episode. Mark Harmon has gotten much older and now he could be soon in peril (of being fired) with former co-star Pauley Paulette accusing him of sexual harassment. While most old people watch this show, it's still the most watched drama on antenna TV.

6. Law & Order SVU
Law & Order was so 1990s. Law & Order SVU was so 2000s. At least the main character is earning more money in recent years. After 21 seasons, viewers and ratings dropped once again. If you are out of unique stories, then it's time for a finale.

7. South Park
WTF? That animated show is still airing after 23 seasons? Pokemon has way more episodes than this. Dated 2D graphics, dumb humor and language for adults make me think I still avoided that pointless show. Get on with the future because that show was perfect for the 1980s.

8. Spongebob
This is one of the animated shows that didn't exist when I was a kid, but I wished it did. Because it only aired on Nickelodeon, I had no interest with the show. Why it's still airing today still puzzles me. Not the type of show I would be watching after 2000, because it fits for the 1990s.

9. Supergirl
The first season was great. The second season was decent. Then comes the tedious amounts of drama in the 3rd season and beyond. Unlike Lois & Clark: The Adventures of Superman, I could have expected as much action, humor and suspense as Supergirl, but too bad.

10. Grey's Anatomy
I wonder if Fifty Shades of Grey book series was influenced by this original TV show title, hmmm? Had Dr. Christian Grey existed with his anatomy, this show would make sense in the Seattle area, with decent drama and unexpected censored sex scenes. Most of the main characters left the show throughout its 15 seasons. At least Chicago Med is far better than this one now. Also at the time during this run, Bones, House, and Code Black were better than this show. I missed ER, St. Elsewhere and Dougie Houser MD. ER was the show that made George Clooney into a famous and overrated star. St. Elsewhere was the show that made Denzel Washington, Mark Harmon and Howie Mandel turn into real stars. Dougie Houser MD was the show that made Neil Patrick Harris a TV star. This show did not make anyone turned into a real star.

Bonus 11: Manifest
This is one of the fewest antenna TV shows I called it a waste. The first episode was good enough to define the series. After that it's a pointless series that can be done as a 2-hr movie mixing sci-fi suspense with unexpected paranormal visions. I can already determine aliens out of nowhere in the sky manipulated the plane and its passengers leading to other events. Now it's airing season 2 for what, another pointless season of unknown triggered events which will eventually happen?

Honorable Mentions: The TV shows that should not exist because the movies already tell the whole story....
Blade
The Transporter
Lincoln Rhymes: Search for the Bone Collector

#1105541 Top 10 reality shows that really needs to end

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 07 January 2020 - 10:56 PM in Media Discussion

Well Supernatural and Arrow are already on their final seasons, ending somewhere this year. Two of my other favorite shows, Criminal Minds and Blindspot are also on their final seasons this year as well.

#1105531 Top 10 reality shows that really needs to end

Posted by PurpleGaga27 on 07 January 2020 - 06:19 AM in Media Discussion

I don't know who's watching reality shows now with the increasing usage of streaming TV. I am already losing interest in most reality shows (and no longer watching them) except some game shows.

1. Survivor

Well this fall 2020, it will mark the 40th season. So far, 38 millionaire winners mostly don't really deserve it plus paying taxes. While losing some viewers, it still maintained its ratings most of this decade. The redundant drama, scripting and mediocre fear factor stunts carry the way for years.

2. Keeping Up With The Kardashians

I never really watched the show.... ever. Overrated, full of trash and dumb stuff and pretty much milking for money. If law became a new thing for Kim now, it should be focused on politics and law much much earlier. Don't forget that Robert Kardashian was the renowned lawyer of that OJ Simpson trial and the main father of those original children.

3. Dancing With the Stars

The revival of American Idol put this show sinking with questionable rigged eliminations of the best stars who don't deserved to be eliminated, plus the intense training and the usual injuries that usually and unexpectedly happens. The last season has the lowest ratings and viewers in the series after 28 seasons. Wasn't this show supposed to have four judges by now rather than having the same old three judges since season one?

4. The Bachelor

Unlike all dating shows on cable TV, this show still survived for one of the longest reigns of dating reality (and don't forget Cheaters as well). Women still have interest watching this show, but the same old drama and playing format are becomingly dated in recent years.

5. Hell's Kitchen

Gordon Ramsay is getting old to handle a lot of anger management (at least the show is still scripted). But I prefer more Masterchef and 24 Hours to Hell and Back than seeing the same old thing you see in a typical restaurant every day. I lost major interest in the show thanks to Hotel Hell and eventually 24 Hours to Hell and Back.

6. World of Dance

J. Lo and Ne-Yo have been decent judges except Derek Hough, but unfortunately as many people pointed out, without the peoples' votes, the show is biased and rigged to qualified contestants which mostly advanced with hip-hop/R&B/rap styles.

7. American Idol

The Voice is far better than this one (as well as The X Factor)... really. After 15 seasons on FOX, ABC/Disney should have left that alone as music has hit a rapping off-tone beat in most pop and R&B music for over a decade now. Right now it's pretty much rapping idols than real idols.

8. The X Factor UK

Biased, rigged and unfair in so many occasions for a singing competition.... should be renamed as The Hell Factor.

9. The Wall

LeBron James may be co-creator and co-executive producer of the show but this game show ain't king. Its slow pace of play  doesn't make it interesting, it wastes time, just like Deal or No Deal. It has lasted three seasons though.

10. Deal or No Deal

Yep, the show has returned with Howie Mandel as host but with wearing glasses. Unfortunately, the same old pace of play and the long talks have been the boring pleasures of the past. Out of so many contestants, only one actually won as a millionaire.