Derxwna Kapsyla's Content

There have been 14 items by Derxwna Kapsyla (Search limited from 03-June 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1104649 Any updates on the next version of the mod?

Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla on 06 November 2019 - 06:44 PM in Mental Omega 3.0-3.3 Discussion

Sometime between now and the eventual heat death of the universe.

#1103429 Mental Omega Quizes

Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla on 03 September 2019 - 11:50 PM in Mental Omega 3.0-3.3 Discussion

Got another quiz made!

https://www.sporcle....33---unit-lines This one is a quiz that is based around identifying units based on their lines. Some answers are easier than others. For this particular quiz, you will have to answer the questions one at a time rather than just throwing in random names and hoping it sticks. Questions will also be randomized for additional difficulty. You can, however, click on certain questions and fill out their answers if you do know them.

I'm not sure what else I can make quizzes based off of! If you guys have any ideas for quizzes, go ahead and throw them my way and I'll see what all I can do!

#1103302 What comes after 3.3.5?

Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla on 30 August 2019 - 03:34 AM in Mental Omega 3.0-3.3 Discussion

Mental Omega 3.4: Endgame

Nah but who knows, we'll see what happens when it happens! I do agree that the team deserves a long, hard earned vacation after this.

#1103225 Mental Omega Quizes

Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla on 26 August 2019 - 06:19 AM in Mental Omega 3.0-3.3 Discussion

That was faster than I thought, but you are indeed missing one! Though, there are a few bonus answers in the other quizzes as well. See if you can guess those, too!

#1103207 Mental Omega Quizes

Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla on 24 August 2019 - 09:59 PM in Mental Omega 3.0-3.3 Discussion

Was bored, made a few quizes based off of Mental Omega just for the hell of it!

https://www.sporcle....a-33-hero-units Quiz on all the hero units in the mod.

https://www.sporcle....a-33-soundtrack Quiz on the music in the mod. Every track present in the mod is here.

https://www.sporcle....la/mo33campaign Quiz on all the locations in the campaign. Fairly difficult, as some missions don't have proper locations. Accepted answers are just the general location and not country name. Some locations didn't have general locations, so in those cases, the country name is applicable. Other locations are a bit more... hairy. The wiki was the source for all answers.

#1101645 Mental Omega Fan Art

Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla on 16 June 2019 - 08:58 PM in Mental Omega 3.0-3.3 Discussion

Not on a public forum, that's where.

#1098308 Adding own missions to campaign

Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla on 14 March 2019 - 08:30 PM in Mental Omega 3.0-3.3 Discussion

The process of doing so requires the .ini files within the mixes, and those are locked. The only way for the general public to add missions to be playable, which you probably already know, is to replace existing missions in the game,

#1098108 Mental Omega News Bulletin #30 (13/06/2018)

Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla on 10 March 2019 - 09:51 AM in Mental Omega APYR News

Missions only work properly when played at Speed 4. When played faster, things start to go a little wonky.

#1097554 Unbalanced mode "new multiplayer - skirmish mode"

Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla on 25 February 2019 - 09:51 AM in Mental Omega 3.0-3.3 Discussion

They aren't obligated to do it regardless of how many people want it. People've been clamoring for a mode like this for a long while and the team hasn't budged on it, and they likely won't anytime soon either.

#1095278 MO 3.3 // Game Bugs

Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla on 27 December 2018 - 08:11 AM in Mental Omega 3.0-3.3 Discussion

When I capture LC I can build rhino tank instead of jaguar.

Known; Can't be fixed easily.

#1095132 Mental Omega Mission Loading Screen Template

Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla on 22 December 2018 - 09:09 PM in Mental Omega 3.0-3.3 Discussion

Archetype's may not have been changed, but they were changed so that all covert ops would be consistent, as working on the load screens was tedious and, up until the template was released, only one or two people were working on them. If I remember right, in another thread Speeder implied that he would be reverting the changes in 3.3.5 to go back to having the Load Screens be mission specific, instead of generalized.

#1095131 MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla on 22 December 2018 - 09:06 PM in Mental Omega 3.0-3.3 Discussion

I mean...Mental Omega started off as a MP balance mod back in the olden days so...I guess keep it on the current course?

It's course eventually changed into "Giving Yuri a campaign", on top of the rebalancing, which in turn gave it more lean toward a Single-player focused experience (See also: half the advertisement for the game in history was "Come play the only mod with a fully complete campaign for Yuri!").

However, the mod itself is strongly frequented by people who like SP and MP, there is no sway to one side over the other, despite what some people might believe. The missions are high quality and engaging, and multiplayer is, at its peak, almost as active as Red Alert 1 in terms of active players (if I remember right). There is no dedicated focus, it's a mod that attempts to maintain a balance between both experiences, because both are extremely popular and prolific within the community. It is, however, a very difficult tight-rope act to maintain, as changes could easily create issues in either the Campaign or Multiplayer experience.

#1093925 MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla on 25 November 2018 - 11:29 AM in Mental Omega 3.0-3.3 Discussion

Consistency makes for professionalism, and is good game design practice. Picking and choosing certain things to be exempt from ironclad rules means they aren't that ironclad, and ultimately leads to a slippery slope of "well this doesn't follow the rules, why doesn't this?" "And why not this either?", and eventually just down-spirals into debates over needing fifteen different categories for things because they don't exactly fit into one specific category. Having things follow rules, even if they are sometimes harmless in the short term, benefits something as a whole in the long run.

#1093857 MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

Posted by Derxwna Kapsyla on 24 November 2018 - 06:52 AM in Mental Omega 3.0-3.3 Discussion

Tech Structures are supposed to be "Insignificant" overall; as in, they aren't supposed to allow the player to continue playing once their actual military structures are gone. It would be inconsistent to have one be a valid structure but none of the others. It sets a consistent trend and, in the long run, makes more sense.