Carnotaurus's Content

There have been 78 items by Carnotaurus (Search limited from 07-December 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#503835 TS/TD unit spotting...

Posted by Carnotaurus on 25 August 2007 - 09:01 PM in C&C Discussion

So, what TD/TS units/buildings are in the Third Tiberium war? Any more then these...?

TD
-GDI Huvmee

TS
-GDI Spotlight Tower
-GDI Walls
-GDI Gate
-Nod Power Plant

-GDI Titan Mark 2
-GDI Mammoth Mark 2

#474444 FNT ED released!

Posted by Carnotaurus on 01 July 2007 - 06:15 PM in C&C Guild News

The one used in Mental Omega amirite? :p

#473094 Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Posted by Carnotaurus on 28 June 2007 - 07:35 PM in Anime Discussion

I have not purchased D/P yet, sadly. Im still only at the fifth leader in sapphire, and I just restarted FireRed. I gotta pick up D/P asap.

#473088 TAKTICS and Reign of the Steel updates!

Posted by Carnotaurus on 28 June 2007 - 07:19 PM in C&C Guild News

Posted Image (better quality picture below!)

http://www.ppmsite.c...pic.php?t=15204

Ever want to play among the clouds and relax? Well, now you can, in TAKTICS' new theatre of war. Yes, Clouds. TAKTICS is possibly one of the most unique mods we've seen for Yuri's Revenge, offering up a nostalgic war for Mario fans, or just people looking for something new. While nowhere near complete, Arikado and Icyson55's efforts sofar are mindblowing. This is worth keeping an eye upon. The Skyworld will offer up interesting, cheery combat. Just hope it doesnt rain!

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://ppmsite.com/f...index.php?f=267

Not your thing? How about Reign of the Steel? A mod that, after a rather long hiatus, is back in action. Led by Holy_master at PPM, ROTS is currently bringing three factions(GDI, Nod, and Cybernetic) to Yuri's Revenge. A new render of GDI's Bison IFV(which will function like its RA2 namesake), anlong with an ingame, can be seen above.

Attached Thumbnails

• skyworld_revora.png

#473084 FNT ED released!

Posted by Carnotaurus on 28 June 2007 - 07:08 PM in C&C Guild News

Here it is guys! The fonT editor you've all been waiting for. (I think...)

This tool will let you edit RA2/YR's game.fnt file (fonT format, no other font files supported) so you can have your very own font in your mod.

The screenshot below should make several things clear, if not, there is always the help file.

Posted Image

Link...

http://padsoft.sytes.net/

#472512 Zombie vs Shark...

Posted by Carnotaurus on 27 June 2007 - 04:45 AM in Open Topic

From Zombi 2, a Tiger Shark fighting with a Zombie...

#471868 Manhunt 2 Banned

Posted by Carnotaurus on 25 June 2007 - 06:44 PM in Media Discussion

Well atleast Rockstar is one of the few companies left with balls....

I just hope GTAIV isnt banned. ;_;

#471568 Tiberian Wildlife

Posted by Carnotaurus on 24 June 2007 - 11:28 PM in C&C Discussion

All this 'bring back westwood' crap is making my stomach churn.

After a half-assed Tiberian Sun which was CONSTATLY delayed, had tons of promising features cut from it (or, better yet, held for the Expansion Pack so W$ could make more money out of it.), People still want Westwood back.

Westwood and EA are both corporations, Westwood willingly(yes, willingly. Im sorry they werent raped by EA like you all think.) sold itself out for EA's money. Atleast EA GOT Tiberian Sun out. Westwood probably would've delayed it another year or so. :roll:

#471333 Let's remake RA2 on the same engine. ('A modders life')

Posted by Carnotaurus on 24 June 2007 - 04:48 PM in Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun Editing

Better yet, put in the RA nations.

Spain, Turkey, Greece...

So we have the choice between no RP and no rad, I choose no rad.

So rendering the Soviets without a superweapon in online MP is better then having no MAD tank? :S

#471014 Let's remake RA2 on the same engine. ('A modders life')

Posted by Carnotaurus on 23 June 2007 - 09:05 PM in Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun Editing

Bolt, Hogo, Nighthawk. Praise thee! Good sirs may just save this from becoming another shit mod for RA2 you can predict the unit list from. Lets have no changes to it gameplay wise...

New Gamemodes
New Maps
New Voxels(duh)
New Campaigns?

NO Swizzle/Rock/disgusting patch involved, at all. MO uses RP and when I play MO online, it ruins the rad. So I cant use 4 things, the Nuke Power PLant, the Desolator, Demo Truck, and the Nuke. Is it worth sacrificing these things in online play for some pathetic patch just to have extra logics? HELL NO. Keep YR as is.

#470852 Let's remake RA2 on the same engine. ('A modders life')

Posted by Carnotaurus on 23 June 2007 - 02:29 PM in Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun Editing

TX, I never said that Ukraine was not around, its just a piece of the Soviet Union, not a _seperate_ nation.

#470596 Tech/Civilian/Campaign Buildings

Posted by Carnotaurus on 22 June 2007 - 11:07 PM in Archive

The hospital is rather grim and unpleasant for a medical facility. =P more like a gigantic mourge. Anyway, will it and the Tech Center have a purpose in MP?

#470363 Tech/Civilian/Campaign Buildings

Posted by Carnotaurus on 22 June 2007 - 04:40 PM in Archive

Ooh. a new civvie building and a dead Yakolev fighter. Impressive. :lol: I like this stuff. very good assets.

#470361 Let's remake RA2 on the same engine. ('A modders life')

Posted by Carnotaurus on 22 June 2007 - 04:39 PM in Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun Editing

Hogo and nighthawk, im glad I am not the only one who read what Speeder said. :lol:

Just a note for people going 'Ukraine, lol' Ukraine is a part of the Soviet Union. Russia is, as well. Ukraine was not a seperate state from Russia when the Soviet Union existed. W$, once again, needs to gb2/History class.

#470086 Let's remake RA2 on the same engine. ('A modders life')

Posted by Carnotaurus on 22 June 2007 - 02:17 AM in Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun Editing

Worse then the bloody Brits. :razz:

#470013 Let's remake RA2 on the same engine. ('A modders life')

Posted by Carnotaurus on 21 June 2007 - 09:52 PM in Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun Editing

Wasent the goal re-make? =\ I say avoid new units and changing crap.

3,4, and 6 should be the only goals. No new countries/factions, ect....then its not a remake, am i right? Besides, is this Red Alert 2 being remade on YR or YR on YR? =|

#469801 Let's remake RA2 on the same engine. ('A modders life')

Posted by Carnotaurus on 21 June 2007 - 02:25 PM in Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun Editing

Agh. Keep Rock/Swizzle/Whatever patch out of this mod, please. I cant play MO online with RockPatch, unless I have 'No Desolators, demo trucks, or anything that uses rad' rule. I'd rather not have to see Radiation units sacrificed for something as ridiculous as 3 different Paradrop planes. Is it worth adding RP to a mod just to get some stupid logics and render Desolators/DemoTrucks useless online? I dont think so.

#469574 Let's remake RA2 on the same engine. ('A modders life')

Posted by Carnotaurus on 20 June 2007 - 11:41 PM in Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun Editing

I say we style the voxels more like the concepts then the 'stock' themes. instead of a garish allied blue, how about the Renegade 2 style Allied units? Industrial soviet units...Maybe both in olive greens...or grays. something new, though....

#469403 Let's remake RA2 on the same engine. ('A modders life')

Posted by Carnotaurus on 20 June 2007 - 06:35 PM in Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun Editing

Golly gee, thats quite a swell idea. :razz:

#469385 Let's remake RA2 on the same engine. ('A modders life')

Posted by Carnotaurus on 20 June 2007 - 05:55 PM in Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun Editing

if this does get off the ground, can we please make this have like..no extra units? Just stock stuff, please. No stupid Yuris, Howitzers. ANYTHING. Keep the additional units as tech units or optional. Or make a 'vanilla RA2' pack with just the graphical fixes.

#469332 Let's remake RA2 on the same engine. ('A modders life')

Posted by Carnotaurus on 20 June 2007 - 04:01 PM in Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun Editing

And nevermind how many RA2 mods are chiche'd. How many RA2 mods add 20 different versions of Yuri? Soviet Hinds or Howitzers? Light Tanks? Oh, lets not forget the Flying Fortress bomber? :roll:

Remaking RA2 to be accurate graphically with the movies, giving it decent maps, ect, would be very cool. Im all for mapping for it.

#469330 Tiberian Wildlife

Posted by Carnotaurus on 20 June 2007 - 03:57 PM in C&C Discussion

WTF at Guest. Just because the enviorment is 'constantly' changing doesnt mean animals suddenly disappear in 20 years tops(!?) and are their niches go unfilled(unless GDI has been eliminating these animals). During the Early Cretaceous(after a mass extinction during the Jurassic Period.),Flowers started to evolve, and animal life bounced back. As we get further in the Cretaceous, remains of Jurassic species die off(Sauropods, mostly in south-west United States), as their roles are replaced by new animals. Why were these animals dying off? A rapidly changing enviorment. Sauropods and other Jurassic herbivores probably couldnt digest the new Cretaceous plantlife springing up throughout the northern U.S.(Where we see early Ceratopsians coming in from Asia.), and stayed down in the South West, untill they themselves died off. Extinction isnt a 'poof, gone' process unless its manipulated by man or a catastrophe. The only catastrophe here was for the Sauropods, and the spread of flowering plants over millions of years. Tiberium Floaters dont go 'poof' for no reason without artificial hands in it. Hell, maybe this was only forming in one region of the world. Remember, the CABAL missions only took place in a certain area, and CABAL himself said that these were his 'latest experiments' with the tacitus. They may have been isolated to the region.

#468583 Gaming Styles That Have Always Kept Me Irritated Or Wondering

Posted by Carnotaurus on 19 June 2007 - 05:38 AM in Media Discussion

XWIS really seems to promote lame brain tactics on their site. You ever go into the forums? its really appauling.

#468024 Owner of a retarded PC...

Posted by Carnotaurus on 18 June 2007 - 01:24 AM in Technology Talk

Yes, thats the problem. If I do a restart, shut off the RUNDLL(which as I mentioned before, slows the PC down if i leave it on for too long.), and run Renegade, it will run fine for a while, then it will hit the slowdown. it stagnates like the Soviet economy under Brezhnev, at a wonderful, high-quality 4-5 FPS rate. And this is not online, either, so no, its not Ping or Lag.

#467909 Owner of a retarded PC...

Posted by Carnotaurus on 17 June 2007 - 07:31 PM in Technology Talk

Got a Windows XP CD with Key to send me? this PC never came with a XP disc, and i am obviously not going to Vista, as it does not run old games.