abesinay's Content

There have been 14 items by abesinay (Search limited from 22-October 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#966237 The Venator.

Posted by abesinay on 15 July 2014 - 08:21 AM in Community Suggestions

How's the sub-menus he's implemented? Any good?

#966050 News. Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time...

Posted by abesinay on 12 July 2014 - 06:11 AM in Phoenix Rising News

I wish I knew more about map editing, I'd love to help out. All I know right now is how to mess around with the map editor petro released and only that to a really mild degree.

But I understand what your saying, the larger the map the more detail it needs. What about one or two massive maps on iconic planets, or even non iconic?

#966048 Whats new?

Posted by abesinay on 12 July 2014 - 06:05 AM in Community Suggestions

I would, but I'm not really sure where this is going anymore.

#966016 Liberties and Guns

Posted by abesinay on 11 July 2014 - 08:45 PM in Community Suggestions

I don't know if Ozzy messed around with that at all but I never had a problem with it in his mod.

#966015 Whats new?

Posted by abesinay on 11 July 2014 - 08:42 PM in Community Suggestions

I might.

#966014 News. Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time...

Posted by abesinay on 11 July 2014 - 08:41 PM in Phoenix Rising News

Yea I always felt the play space was too small to let anything really cool develop on its own, but is it possible to make massive ground maps?

#965956 Liberties and Guns

Posted by abesinay on 11 July 2014 - 08:10 AM in Community Suggestions

So I don't know how everyone feels about but has anyone seen or played a mod with the individual soldier = unit mechanic? An example being how infantry is handled in the Clone Wars mod.

I really liked playing with that set up, it allowed me to make use of every trooper as I saw fit and place them on the terrain in such a way that they were perfectly covered by a hill or rock but still able to shoot over it. Made the whole thing incredibly immersive and fun. I could take on an entire CIS invasion force because I placed the infantry jussssst right so that they took very little casualties. It also allowed me to create my own custom squads with as many normal troopers, medics, grenadiers, heros, etc. how I saw fit and deploy them as such. I never really liked the pre-fab squad style to begin with. It's not particularly realistic and it doesn't allow you to micromanage the units very well. It also restricts what you can do with terrain.

Just food for thought, but would be a cool feature imo. Especially with the attention to detail given by the PR team.

#965950 The Venator.

Posted by abesinay on 11 July 2014 - 07:47 AM in Community Suggestions

I use Venators as carriers myself, they're pretty handy ships.

#965949 Whats new?

Posted by abesinay on 11 July 2014 - 07:46 AM in Community Suggestions

Infantry related things get me giddy.

#965948 News. Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time...

Posted by abesinay on 11 July 2014 - 07:31 AM in Phoenix Rising News

I think I'm most excited to see what they have in store for ground combat, don't get me wrong I love space but I think the real treasure EAW has to offer is the invasion mechanic of GC. Hashed at and refined in the typical PR style and you could have something as good as when bread was first sliced, buttered, and slapped on mashed peanuts.

#959652 Whats new?

Posted by abesinay on 05 June 2014 - 06:26 AM in Community Suggestions

That's probably the best stance a fan can take at this point without any new content. But I'm sure Mod DB would love a post to renew faith. The scale you guys are undertaking is huge so I get the quietness.
What part of the mod are you working on if I might ask?

#959565 Whats new?

Posted by abesinay on 04 June 2014 - 06:23 AM in Community Suggestions

So it took a bit of a hiatus from these forums and am just coming back. What's new?? How's the mod?

#936463 Planets by numbers

Posted by abesinay on 20 November 2013 - 12:19 AM in Phoenix Rising News

Awesome! That'll be great to read, even if it is loaded with all manners of technical jargon.

#936381 Planets by numbers

Posted by abesinay on 19 November 2013 - 01:25 AM in Phoenix Rising News

So just out of curiosity, how's the mod going?