Vaginomano's Content

There have been 29 items by Vaginomano (Search limited from 22-February 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#260089 A new Tech level system

Posted by Vaginomano on 06 March 2006 - 07:53 PM in Contra

Well, going back to the original topic:

Pendaelose, have you considered the option to mix the styles within the same general? Like, some upgrades you can get from leveling, others you need to purchase and others you need tech to get then. This would allow the general-style to be like the player style and make players try out others ways of playing if they want to see everything.

That sounds sexy... really sexy...

#259180 Custom units page?

Posted by Vaginomano on 04 March 2006 - 01:27 PM in Contra

I can't find it. Can you post a link please?
Thanki!

#259129 Custom units page?

Posted by Vaginomano on 04 March 2006 - 09:38 AM in Contra

As of October 6, 2005, Autodesk will no longer offer Gmax® software as a stand-alone product. If you are interested in other 3D animation, modeling, and rendering applications from Autodesk please check out Autodesk® 3ds Max® software. You can download a free 30-day trial, view product demonstrations, read customer success stories, and get more information about this powerful, versatile product.

Yikes!

Ok so, guess I'll try to edit the models with blender and its import/export plugins...

#258822 Custom units page?

Posted by Vaginomano on 03 March 2006 - 03:00 PM in Contra

You're right Pendaelose, I have seen your remix 3 screenshots and many of them look pretty good!
I wonder: Will I have to make the animations in those programs or is that an INI coding task?
That will surely be a stupid question when I get the programs this weekend but not now :grin:

Thanx.

#258786 Custom units page?

Posted by Vaginomano on 03 March 2006 - 01:41 PM in Contra

I was wondering how to... make butchered units like those in the anus panda page.
Do you know how?
Some help would be apreciated. I have a short experience with blender that I dont know if could help...

#258396 Custom units page?

Posted by Vaginomano on 02 March 2006 - 03:15 PM in Contra

I saw that one too, but all the models are unskinned :(

Thanks anyway :p

Quick edit and note for myself.

STFU and see things before you post...

#258366 Custom units page?

Posted by Vaginomano on 02 March 2006 - 01:23 PM in Contra

thanks! i think that was the page i was looking for! :ohmy:
just a point: did you notice that there's not even a single GLA unit there?
I was thinking about making the GLA a bit stronger in "my mod" but I'll have to deal with balance issues as i cant model and skin units :p

#258345 Custom units page?

Posted by Vaginomano on 02 March 2006 - 12:33 PM in Contra

No, I mean I want a page with unit models I can use in "my mod"

#258334 Custom units page?

Posted by Vaginomano on 02 March 2006 - 12:10 PM in Contra

Hi there. Dont think that i havent been playing contra just because i have been idle in the forums all this time :p
Personally I think its the best mod out there even though there is lot of room for improvement and balancing in it.
Once this is said, let me go into the topic...
I'm learning some modding (not following a tutorial, just practising by myself) and would like to add some custom units. Long ago i saw one with a lot of custom units (with bones, skins and code as far as I remember) but i cant longer find it. If anyone knows a page like that, please let me know.
Thanks in advance :ohmy:

#159345 Promotions system.

Posted by Vaginomano on 12 July 2005 - 09:17 AM in Contra

dont waste your time posting screens, work in the mod then we'll play it :lol: :dry:

#158323 Promotions system.

Posted by Vaginomano on 09 July 2005 - 12:26 PM in Contra

the problem with promotions is that many times the first player getting level 3 will win.
I agree about making basic units cheaper so they can counter attack level 3 ones by quantity. But its all about balancing

#150430 Contra Remix 2 Released

Posted by Vaginomano on 16 June 2005 - 09:09 AM in Remix Escalation

new stuff looks really cool. I already thought about an earth shaker-like tank for the flame general as a super unit but thats cool too :p

#149259 Contra Remix 2 Released

Posted by Vaginomano on 11 June 2005 - 10:38 PM in Remix Escalation

downloaded the remix, tried it a bit...
first impression: funny to play.

more to come...

#144657 Balancing issues

Posted by Vaginomano on 31 May 2005 - 09:29 AM in Contra

I decided to start this thread to help the Creator in the balancing job.
We should post here about wether a unit is too weak, to strong, needs mor speed, etc...

I think one way to balance one faction of the game could be removing the subliminal messaging upgrade from the tank general. You can actually see the tanks regenerating too fast. It's desperating to fight them seeind that you dont deal almost no damage to them.

#143822 Suggestions

Posted by Vaginomano on 29 May 2005 - 09:09 AM in Contra

pretty cool! model model model model model

what program do you use to model those units?

#143575 Changes

Posted by Vaginomano on 28 May 2005 - 09:59 AM in Contra

cked theme on tanks :grin: ????? .Good stuff i really like those helix a lot

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is not about what we like, this is about balancing. I also like nuclear detonator helix but its excessive ;)

#143455 Changes

Posted by Vaginomano on 27 May 2005 - 07:38 PM in Contra

After playing many games i have to say that the tank general should not have the subliminal messaging upgrade. Tanks just regenerate too fast. The repair ability is ok tho.
BTW i think that those helixes with cannons are excessive. Two of them can rip a building in really few seconds

#143448 Suggestions

Posted by Vaginomano on 27 May 2005 - 07:28 PM in Contra

I've got another idea :grin:
What Creator add a super AA unit with HUGE range but it hits its target a litlle after its lanch but with no way of the the enemy to escape!!! ;)  What about the Russian S300... Heres a photo

And a gaus tank for tank general instead of the gattling tank(like the defence tower)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That unit is cool. Gauss tank is excessive, gauss cannons are good against almost everything...

#143351 What nations play Contra?

Posted by Vaginomano on 27 May 2005 - 10:00 AM in Contra

I live in Spain... :grin:

#141932 How to stop Earth Shaker?

Posted by Vaginomano on 21 May 2005 - 06:56 PM in Contra

all you need against an earth shaker is: a highjacker, a plane or a helicoper, simple

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah,dont know what a manticore is?

#141774 Suggestions

Posted by Vaginomano on 21 May 2005 - 10:38 AM in Contra

see my edited post. lol

#141772 Suggestions

Posted by Vaginomano on 21 May 2005 - 10:32 AM in Contra

"I suggest making the aurora bomber vulnerable before attack, but really fast so it cant be easily destroyed."

i disagree. the aurora is an expensive investment and if it gets destroyed then you lose a lot. the main roll of the aurora is to take care of enemy super weapon. its sucks to take out enemy defence with an aurora because a good defencive line can take out an aurora so to destroy a cheaper defence you are losing an expensive aurora.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Price of an aurora bomber: About 2500
Price of 2 anti air defenses: About 2500

I suggested making the aurora really fast. Adding a lvl 3 armor upgrade to the air general should be ok. Auroras could keep on doing their job, but they wouldnt longer be an "allowed cheat"

What about what i say plus having the regular aurora against structures and the aurora alpha against units? :ninja:

#141766 Changes

Posted by Vaginomano on 21 May 2005 - 10:16 AM in Contra

i posted some suggestions in the new stuff forum that should be in this one. Please check them out...

BTW, i suggest a laser power upgrade for the laser general in lvl 3 and another one in lvl 5.

#141765 Suggestions

Posted by Vaginomano on 21 May 2005 - 10:14 AM in Contra

What about a HEAVY transport for the infantry general. Think about something like a combat bus that can be deployed for a more efficient attack :ninja: ? LOL i know it can be too hard to model and animate but the infantry general really needs something better than the neutron canon

#141763 Suggestions

Posted by Vaginomano on 21 May 2005 - 10:04 AM in Contra

I've played quite a lot the mod on LAN and I must say that the earth shaker tank is supposed to deal a low damage. MY ASS!. It's just impossible to beat a bunch of them. They're just too strong. A single shot of one of them leaves a couple of battlemasters or any other basic tanks with half of their HPs, plus it makes them fly losing any chance to attack. Just my point. -Need balance- :ninja:

Helix nuke detonator. :) what's the point? Is now the nuke general a GLA general or what? Who can stop more than 2 of those fast and (relatively) cheap nukes? UNBALANCED! (I'm saying this as a nuke general player)

Flame general arty can destroy ANY structure

Those heavy GLA tanks are not as strong as theyre supposed to be.

The air general needs an armor upgrade (maybe in level 3) and some support land units (if the tank general can use heavy helicopters, why can't the air general have some decent land units?) <--- I dont like the air general but hey, some people do!

I suggest making the aurora bomber vulnerable before attack, but really fast so it cant be easily destroyed.

I'll write more as i have time to do it