Kelso's Content

There have been 54 items by Kelso (Search limited from 19-September 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#513524 world builder start up problem

Posted by Kelso on 16 September 2007 - 03:28 PM in Tiberium Wars Editing

I have the same issue actually. Haven't found a solution to it yet.

#513094 Squad initial payload

Posted by Kelso on 15 September 2007 - 04:36 PM in Tiberium Wars Editing

Use HordeTransportContain with no more than 4 InitialPayloads, one for each type of unit, and then make sure that your PayloadCount is equal to the total number of units in your squad.

#511076 How do you add new factions?

Posted by Kelso on 10 September 2007 - 01:32 AM in Tiberium Wars Editing

http://www.derelicts...showtopic=15695

#505743 XSI or Maya export?

Posted by Kelso on 29 August 2007 - 08:18 PM in Tiberium Wars Editing

And honestly....who buys 3d studio max this day and age?

#505561 Mods aren't taking effect

Posted by Kelso on 29 August 2007 - 04:05 PM in Tiberium Wars Editing

Not necessarily. They could have been 2 totally different modules and you just flubbed the id tags. For example:

<StructureUnpackUpdate
	 id="Foo">
</StructureUpackupdate>

<ProductionUpdateInfo
	 id="Foo">
</ProductionUpdateInfo>

will generate the same error.

#505288 Some Mod SDK questions

Posted by Kelso on 29 August 2007 - 03:39 AM in Tiberium Wars Editing

The dlls required by the sdk are for compiling xml files properly.

And yeah, you're probably right. The people that work in the industry and built the game probably don't know anything.

#505285 Mods aren't taking effect

Posted by Kelso on 29 August 2007 - 03:36 AM in Tiberium Wars Editing

Your game.dat error is from having 2 modules in a single object with the same id tag.

#505038 Mods aren't taking effect

Posted by Kelso on 28 August 2007 - 04:57 PM in Tiberium Wars Editing

ffs. You have got to be kidding me.

#504827 Mods aren't taking effect

Posted by Kelso on 28 August 2007 - 03:58 AM in Tiberium Wars Editing

I'm having the same issue. Spent 2 hours trying different things thinking I was doing something wrong. Then I compiled the SampleMod, and while the new textures showed up in the menu, nothing code-based was working. I also used MM's installer, along with doing it myself, and have tried running my changes on both 1.07 and 1.08.

EDIT:

After messing around I've figured out that for some reason the game does not read certain xml's in the mod's .big file. For example, I edited the GDI ConYard and none of the changes registered. So then I changed playertemplate.ini to point to a new object as the ConYard. I lost immediately upon the game loading because the new object was never loaded. So therefore it read the ini file, but failed to read the xml file. The game also seems to be able to read new .str files as well.

#418608 Today is Michael Ironside's birthday.

Posted by Kelso on 13 February 2007 - 03:57 AM in C&C Discussion

Yeah....

Just thought I would throw that out there.

#397203 The "Post a Picture of Yourself" Thread

Posted by Kelso on 23 December 2006 - 09:31 PM in The Green Dragon

anyways, I do so to.. Like Netrea.... And I always though Celeglin was a girl, and of course, I though Kelso was a dog! :blink:

Sometimes I wish I was a dog. Man that would be awesome......

#393021 Poll for the next hero in Rise of Rome

Posted by Kelso on 11 December 2006 - 06:47 AM in BFME1 Modding

I would ask everyone to please head over to AtomicWienerDog and vote in our poll to determine what the next here for the Roman faction will be in Rise of Rome.

Thanks.

#392763 Rise of Rome V0.7 is now available!

Posted by Kelso on 10 December 2006 - 05:55 PM in T3A News

We did it mainly so that it becomes much easier to release smaller patches in between major releases. This way if we do only code-specific balance changes or bug fixes, we only need to release a single file for download instead of making people download the entire mod over again.

#392549 Rise of Rome V0.7 is now available!

Posted by Kelso on 09 December 2006 - 11:50 PM in T3A News

pdf = Photoshop (some thing very similiar atleast)
ror = *cough* rename to big *cough*

No need to even rename it. It'll open in FinalBIG just fine in .ror format. We're not trying to hide our code or anything, its just how we set up our launcher. :p

#390660 Rise of Rome V0.7 is now available!

Posted by Kelso on 04 December 2006 - 02:13 AM in T3A News

AtomicWienerDog's Roman invasion continues with the release of V0.7 of Rise of Rome for BFME1! This long-awaited update is now fully compatible with v1.03 of BFME. There are also some balance tweaks, bug fixes, and a couple of new pieces of art. V0.7 requires that you have V0.45 installed on your machine, as this is just a patch and not a full install. Please consult the readme for a step-by-step on how to update your old version of Rise of Rome.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#390558 BfME 2: RotWK Released!

Posted by Kelso on 03 December 2006 - 08:25 PM in T3A News

Well yeah, I think they did plan on doing Arnor at one point and then when they decided to cut them, they left the code in. I don't think they went through the trouble of coding another side simply to exclude them for our purposes.

#390254 BfME 2: RotWK Released!

Posted by Kelso on 03 December 2006 - 04:10 AM in T3A News

You guys should note that Arnor is coded into the game and nearly fully functioning (just some missing heroes). All you have to do is enable them. Word from EA is that they did this exclusively for modders.

#382613 Rise of Rome 2 Released!

Posted by Kelso on 14 November 2006 - 08:36 PM in T3A News

Or you can fix it yourself. :thumbsupsmiley:

The new version is in place, so no more issues should be present.

#382530 Rise of Rome 2 Released!

Posted by Kelso on 14 November 2006 - 04:20 PM in T3A News

anyway kelso u misspelled something in attributemodifier

Just noticed that. Some people were having issues while others were apparently not. Don't ask me how or why though. A clean version is replacing the other one as we speak. If you are having issues you can simply download the mod again.

#382354 Rise of Rome 2 Released!

Posted by Kelso on 14 November 2006 - 12:57 AM in T3A News

AtomicWienerDog is proud to announce the release of their most recent project, Rise of Rome II: The Gods of War. This is a multiplayer-only beta version of the BFME2 modification. This version contains the 3 Roman factions (Mars, Mercury, and Jupiter), new buildings, new units, and a new soundtrack. Please consult the readme file for installation instructions and other stuff that you need to know. So click the image below to download Rise of Rome 2, and don't forget to leave us some feedback in our Forums!

Posted Image

#380821 So who's getting the Wii?

Posted by Kelso on 10 November 2006 - 02:32 PM in Media Discussion

Ooo, now I feel small because you call me narrow minded. And yes, I was making a joke, but apparently people in here take themselves a bit too seriously. My point is, Nintendo has always marketed themselves to a younger crowd of gamers than most other companies. While they can be a welcome change from time to time, its something I prefer not to spend my time playing.

And yep, you guys are right, I'm just a simple barbarian because I like games that are violent and profane. For someone who claims to be a writier Carnivean, you may want to consider learning how to read first.

#380404 So who's getting the Wii?

Posted by Kelso on 09 November 2006 - 02:18 AM in Media Discussion

You are wrong. And honestly dude, learn to get a fucking sense of humor. Its not my comments that make these dicussions uninteresting, its your reaction to them.

If you listen to my podcast you'll see that I make the point that these issues are not specific to Nintendo, but are something that are epidemic in the entire industry, including PC games. BFME2 AOE3 CnC3.

Being the vulgar ragabond that I am, I never play anything below a T rating, hence my move away from Nintendo pretty much after I hit puberty and learned how to use the word fuck in a sentence.

#380388 So who's getting the Wii?

Posted by Kelso on 09 November 2006 - 12:54 AM in Media Discussion

I cannot imagine myself playing a game on touchscreen

Why don't you go try a DS with games like Kirby: Magic Paintbrush - it'll show you how good alternative control methods can be and that they can create excellent games unmatched anywhere else.

Because I'm not 6 years old anymore.....

And in terms of the massive sequelitis that people keep referring to. Its an industry wide thing, its just that Nintendo has been guilty of it for years now. Its not that Sony doesn't release the same type of game on every console (someone mentioned Driver and MGS) its that Nintendo has been doing it since 1984.

#380064 Kelso's Rant!

Posted by Kelso on 08 November 2006 - 06:38 AM in Media Discussion

The next version is available at http://www.atomicwie...load.php?view.6 From now on I'll be updating every Tuesday. So check it out, post in the forums, and whatnot.

#379901 So who's getting the Wii?

Posted by Kelso on 07 November 2006 - 08:17 PM in Media Discussion

Well when you make the same game over and over again, I would hope they would get better with each incarnation.