Lancaster's Content

There have been 51 items by Lancaster (Search limited from 18-November 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#22960 New site

Posted by Lancaster on 08 June 2004 - 12:44 PM in Games Modding

allrighty , when the site's done well post it here

#22858 New site

Posted by Lancaster on 07 June 2004 - 09:34 AM in Games Modding

Better setup? Like how can it get better ^_^

It came kindof sudden, we got it sponsored for some work I did for a friend. I didn't accept money so he regged a domain for us as a gift :w00t0:

#21986 Nod Airstrip

Posted by Lancaster on 29 May 2004 - 01:33 PM in Games Modding

:p ohhhh, so you're saying this airstrip wich builds these here dummy beacons.

Call in a timed aircraft, kill the beacon and upon death of the beacon spawn the unit wich corrosponds with the beacon builed e.x. Beacon_Buggy or somewhat alike?

Wow, you did some mighty thinking about that :blinky: thanks! Ill try it out immediately!

#21976 Tiberium

Posted by Lancaster on 29 May 2004 - 08:56 AM in Games Modding

Heh that sounds pretty cool.

I just gotta find that old code, hang on, i might need to redo it since we're trying to experiment with a lot of different ways.

#21939 Nod Airstrip

Posted by Lancaster on 28 May 2004 - 09:00 PM in Games Modding

I've been looking into how to make the Airtstrip do its thing and bring a C17 in to drop some Units...

Here's what I found out so far:

If we would use a building that calls an OCL C17 to momentarily land then OCL a Unit en make the C17 Take off again, we would be restricted to 1 unit called with the OCL just like the Tech Airport... right?(this is how the techairport works i guess since it spawns only 1 kind of unit and not a unit of choice)

We could also put a delay on the Unit Spawn, then just call an OCL to fly a C17 in, Land, Take off for animation and have the Unit spawned when the delay has passed... But this give the problem that the animation would not be synched with the time the delay has.

I hope someone can read the above and understand it :p
Because I'm pretty much stuck with either something that doesn't work or something that looks really bad.

Help is greatly appreciated!

#21933 Tiberium

Posted by Lancaster on 28 May 2004 - 08:42 PM in Games Modding

I tried turning the supplydocks in the Mutated Tree with a small field of tiberium, then make it spawn tiberium every... lets say 30 seconds. The tiberium would be some supplycrates with a different model, that of tiberium.

But the problem here is that whatever u use for harvesting would suck the supply docks dry first so you get a very akward looking field with an empty centre.... plus the spawning is not what we want because it would use standard bones for spawnpoints....

My guess is that the best way to make tiberium is to map it perhaps.. but thats were my experience runs out, i've got no clue of the mapping capabilities of Worldbuilder.

As I'm still experimenting on this, when I find somehting good, I'll post it immediately.

#21931 Hidden Screenshots Topic

Posted by Lancaster on 28 May 2004 - 08:34 PM in Games Modding

Seeing how every mod team can view these here dev forums, I thought I'd open up this here in development screenshot list.

(never hand out links to these images as they might give wrong impressions)

Just to get some feedback and show u guys that we're still in buisiness.

May 2004:
To be uploaded

April 2004:
Forcemove on a former living squad of infantries
Medium Tanks
Worldbuilder shot of the Shellmap
Obelisks and smoking powerplants

#21929 Update

Posted by Lancaster on 28 May 2004 - 08:21 PM in Games Modding

Heheh, our tiberium is supposed to start with a small tiberium field that is placed around a 'Blossom Tree' wich spreads the infection and make new tiberium grow slowly...

About that chinook, its just the USA chinook... becuase we havent done our harvester yet.

#21556 i got all the cnc games

Posted by Lancaster on 23 May 2004 - 06:19 PM in Games Modding

Well if you can make scripted maps that resemble or to be exact, recreate the missions of the origional cnc in wordbuilder we'd love the help. But other than that we should manage, thanks.

And for 15 bucks I'd just buy cnc 64, not to think of the whole series :X

#21439 Kane Lives!

Posted by Lancaster on 22 May 2004 - 04:14 PM in Games Modding

Oi oi oi...... I'm having some really odd results with our gunboat, it seems like its turret has a mind of its own. It duplicates itself on the turret bone so it has 1 real turret and 1 dummy that just sits there :so: Mighty wierd

Have been cracking my hed over the inis the last couple of days so much that im actually forgetting where some of the basic stuff can be found like Damagetypes and Sounds :)

#21111 Kane Lives!

Posted by Lancaster on 18 May 2004 - 08:50 PM in Games Modding

Kinda gives me the impression that this actually benefitted them in some way. :ermm:

Yes indeed it does ;)2

We are having some minor trouble with both of our ISP's going down all the time so we need to get together quick and work it all up, it shouldn't be a too big a problem but it disallows us to work into the wee hours :)

Expect Tiberium screenshots fast btw. :tocol:

#20871 Kane Lives!

Posted by Lancaster on 16 May 2004 - 01:04 PM in Games Modding

Ok its settled :ermm:

Yea I might have went overboard. but thats becuase of the aggressive like email i got demanding our content :S made it all sound like it was his...

Well anyway, well post up some new screenies and *maybe* a playtest end this week. Unless people still want our stuff, then its just screenies :)

#20847 DinoMania

Posted by Lancaster on 16 May 2004 - 07:37 AM in Games Modding

The two people doing this mod originally are gone. We are salvaging this project on a contributing basis - any people can contribute to this later when the download database is working".

On what do you base this? Our project is still on...

#20846 Kane Lives!

Posted by Lancaster on 16 May 2004 - 07:35 AM in Games Modding

Hmmz yea, well I never said we're dead, and I dont recall Kwartjuh saying so. How has it come to this I mean, this is just .... :ermm:

#13662 A little update

Posted by Lancaster on 20 February 2004 - 09:37 PM in Games Modding

I finally found some spare time. Let's see how we can get our screwed up build re-organized and working again.

Since stuff at our school are lately taking a lot of time, we didn't really have much time to sort out our code.

But thats gonna change real soon, I can see Kwartjuh and mee sleeping behind our desks at school again... only this time we're not gonna sleep, but sort out our 'problem' with the build. :unsure:

#11286 compertition

Posted by Lancaster on 19 January 2004 - 06:31 PM in Games Modding

Thank you very much indeed for your support. guess ill have to work it overtime to make skins and spew out screenshots

(i have an idea who is in this mod though)

#11252 Covert Ops, Sole Survivor and others...

Posted by Lancaster on 19 January 2004 - 09:25 AM in Games Modding

Thanks a lot Detail!

Also, what I figure from all those Sole Surviver fansites is that you can chose 1 unit, start at a random place in a map, and hunt down the other players. During this you can pick up a lot of crates with boobytraps or powerups....

But now there is this problem, because I have also seen screenshots with buildings like GuardTowers and Turrets, whats up with that? you can only choose 1 unit right?

#11249 Infantry Scaling!

Posted by Lancaster on 19 January 2004 - 09:06 AM in Games Modding

Roger that, Since I've got a few buildings uvwmapped (but unskinnned) allready ingame, Ill take some screenshots for comparison" ;)2

#9106 example of fully customised forum

Posted by Lancaster on 16 January 2004 - 03:15 PM in Hosting

Ohhh, thx. kindof... *doh* :rolo:

Sorry for being an idiot, lol. When I saw 'Skinny', I thought it meant something else, like that 'Black Market' thing. ^_^

#7693 how old you are

Posted by Lancaster on 16 January 2004 - 11:17 AM in Open Topic

Born 12.01.86 so I just got 18 a few days ago ^_^

Now I can trade my moped for a car , lol

#9341 Command and Conquer The Second Dawn

Posted by Lancaster on 16 January 2004 - 11:14 AM in News

Nice, I just thought i'd post something, as noone else does :p

Do take a look at our forum since it houses most of our updates/screenshots and you can always ask for info about our work!

#9571 Ads

Posted by Lancaster on 16 January 2004 - 11:00 AM in Hosting

So if I put up ads on our site, you get funded for every click?
Love to help every bit I can, and fill up that right bar of our site at the same time :)

#10377 example of fully customised forum

Posted by Lancaster on 16 January 2004 - 10:56 AM in Hosting

Cool, we have to do that sometinme too.

Probably will look cool in a GDI theme :drool:
But like, how do you customize it? Do you test it after every change, or test it on a private forum so normal ppl don't notice you 'new skin in the makin' ?

Looks really cool.

#10378 site guide

Posted by Lancaster on 16 January 2004 - 10:50 AM in Open Topic

:bluch: Heheh, I kindof thought so. silly me :rolo:

#10692 The Second Dawn

Posted by Lancaster on 16 January 2004 - 09:24 AM in Games Modding

O yea. Just skinned the Mediumtank and the NOD Turret, they look pretty cool. I just forgot to put a factioncolor on them though ...

Also, our first map (wich we will use as a unit testbed), the famous GDI Beachhead map is near completion :shiftee: