AlexArt's Content

There have been 37 items by AlexArt (Search limited from 16-July 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#567023 Help with w3x export

Posted by AlexArt on 03 February 2008 - 07:52 PM in Tiberium Wars Editing

Hi there guys, I'm experiencing some troubles with the export too, though my problem is a bit weird.
I've used 3ds Max 8 and 9 for export, and I couldn't export anything at all. When I tried to export a model, an error occured and the messagebox stated that Max is "Unable to open file." I have a properly installed Max 8, I have a properly installed MOD SDK (with required applications), and I have copied the contents of 3DSMax7_Plugin folder to where it was needed. All the menus in Max 8 are working (I mean w3d menus), the shaders are working and WWSkin works, too.
Does anyone know what the problem may be caused by?

PS: if my friends try to export the model on their PCs, it works perfectly. WTF

#496564 PLA missiles

Posted by AlexArt on 11 August 2007 - 07:21 AM in General Military Discussion

Yeah good points there, Pendaelose, although I personally think that there's nothing to do in southern and south-eastern Asia for the Chinese. Invasion into the Syberia would be far more possible, because of the unexplored spaces of this part of RF.

#487826 CnCHQ Exclusive!

Posted by AlexArt on 26 July 2007 - 04:34 PM in Mod Discussion

Yeah well... we try.

#487820 [Updates].[Screenshots].[Air Force]->Fighters

Posted by AlexArt on 26 July 2007 - 04:27 PM in Mod Updates

Yeah. You'll see a lot of reflections in the game, dudes.

#481724 Is this mod DEAD?

Posted by AlexArt on 14 July 2007 - 02:58 PM in Mod Discussion

No, this mod is not dead, because it will never be dead until it's released. We're not posting anything because we're not robots and we cannot release something each week. Right now we're accumulating stuff to be shown to public in the next several week. As soon as we get it all, it'll be released. Please, be patient.

BTW why don't ya help us to make this mod if you're so eager to play it? :p

#453504 If you need maps I can help

Posted by AlexArt on 15 May 2007 - 05:09 PM in Mod Discussion

- L. A. Is just fine
- No starting positions please, this will be a videomap.
- No civilians, instead of them you may add forsaken burning cars, lots of trash, but no destroyed buildings yet. A forsaken city ya know. Everyone has been evacuated...

#453386 [Updates].[Screenshots].[Air Force]->Helicopters

Posted by AlexArt on 15 May 2007 - 07:27 AM in Mod Updates

Yes.

#453037 A.F.R.F possible advanced units

Posted by AlexArt on 14 May 2007 - 05:43 AM in Mod Discussion

None of the above ones are going to be presented, you may check the complete list of all AFRF units at our site.

#452955 If you need maps I can help

Posted by AlexArt on 13 May 2007 - 08:53 PM in Mod Discussion

WOW. Impressive.
Could you please send a couple of maps to realwarteam@gmail.com ?

#451427 A. F. R. F. Units

Posted by AlexArt on 09 May 2007 - 08:09 AM in Mod Discussion

Maybe we should discuss this article's details?

#440664 [Updates].[Screenshots].[Air Force]->Helicopters

Posted by AlexArt on 12 April 2007 - 05:44 PM in Mod Updates

That's a good idea, I'll talk to Dex on this point.

#440649 Veterancy

Posted by AlexArt on 12 April 2007 - 04:53 PM in Mod Discussion

Personally I dislike red tracers.

#439860 [Updates].[Screenshots].[Air Force]->Helicopters

Posted by AlexArt on 10 April 2007 - 07:27 PM in Mod Updates

No, Mi-28N is all-weather variant, Mi-28A is only the first prototype.

#439657 [Updates].[Screenshots].[Air Force]->Helicopters

Posted by AlexArt on 10 April 2007 - 10:14 AM in Mod Updates

Like what? AT missiles?

#439655 [Updates].[Screenshots].[Miscellaneous] -> Combat and Logistics support

Posted by AlexArt on 10 April 2007 - 10:09 AM in Mod Updates

Yeah we'll be making a new trailer soon. But I don't know if we're going to include russian unit in it. Anyway, you'll see MLRS ingame, and it works slightly like TOS. :rolleyes:

#438892 [Updates].[Screenshots].[Air Force]->Helicopters

Posted by AlexArt on 08 April 2007 - 10:46 AM in Mod Updates

A long-awaited russian helicopter ... :p

MI-28N Attack Helis
Posted Image

To check out the additional info, please visit our Official Site .

#438890 [Updates].[Screenshots].[Miscellaneous] -> Combat and Logistics support

Posted by AlexArt on 08 April 2007 - 10:39 AM in Mod Updates

Another well-known vehicle :p

TOS-1 Heavy Flamethrower System
Posted Image

For more detailed description go www.realwarmod.com .

#436730 Site online!

Posted by AlexArt on 01 April 2007 - 05:58 PM in Mod Updates

Aha. Already updated it, actually

#436550 Site online!

Posted by AlexArt on 01 April 2007 - 09:40 AM in Mod Updates

Today, we launched a new Real War Mod site, featuring new Joomla! engine. You can still find us at www.realwarmod.com . Gonna update the site today.

See ya.

#432707 Porting to SupCom or C&C 3

Posted by AlexArt on 21 March 2007 - 04:03 PM in Mod Discussion

I'd suggest staying on ZH for now (and preferably until at least a first release). The fact of the matter is, CnC3 isn't exactly just a newer version of Generals, it's a different game. I has a different build system, no General powers (the system is based solely on money and seems considerally more limiting) and (hopefully changeable) bo airfield logic. Just because the next game offers fancier graphics doesn't necessitate a change and doesn't meen ZH will die. Look at Red Alert 2, the amount of modding has gone up since Generals came out.

Basically, I'd suggest not to switch until you're sure the game offers what you want.

I guess we'd try to find out what exactly C&C 3 offers to modders. Personally I am sure C&C 3 will be a kind of a hit for modders and we'll be able to change it in any way we like.

Please keep a full release on Zero Hour. I still need a new Processor for C&C3 (Finally got the graphics card)

BTW, what card did you get?

#419785 [Updates].[Screenshots].[Ground Forces] ->Infantry

Posted by AlexArt on 16 February 2007 - 01:56 PM in Mod Updates

where?

#419246 Modelling Tips

Posted by AlexArt on 14 February 2007 - 07:19 PM in Mod Discussion

I know this might irrelevant to the mod, but i wanted to ask about your opinion about a WW2 era Katyusha Launcher, that i modeled using 3ds max8, this is one of the few models i've ever completed, it has exactly 1501 polygons, and 3076 triangles, can the Sage or Zero hour engine, handel it, meaning can i add this unit to Zero hour, after i've done everything else, or is it too high poly?
Thank you.

Well it doesn't look like a Katyusha Launcher at all. That's all I can say.
You can add that unit to Generals if you want (SAGE is able to handle units which consist from up to 6000 polys without any visible lags), but I wouldn't do that if I were you... :p

#418728 Unrealistic

Posted by AlexArt on 13 February 2007 - 03:10 PM in Mod Discussion

NO!
at least none of the mentioned above :p

#418727 Unit's firing range.

Posted by AlexArt on 13 February 2007 - 03:08 PM in Mod Discussion

Thank you, but if the firing range is going to be increased, at such a rate, is the map size going to be subsequently increased, to accomodate the new firing range?

Yes, considerably.

Please forgive if i ask too much questions, but this forum, seems inactive, and i thought i could put a bit of activitie in it.

Just go on, you're doing the right thing. :p

#418005 Unit's firing range.

Posted by AlexArt on 11 February 2007 - 08:23 PM in Mod Discussion

AlexArt was obviously referring to artillery ranges. Direct fire ranges are going to be somewhat similar to C&C: Generals and other RTS games, maybe slightly longer. To increase them further would mean ruining the gameplay.

Actually I was talking about average firing range. In vanilla Generals tanks had firing range of 150 ft, infantry - 100 ft, long-range artillery had firing range of 300 ft, and jets were capable of firing at 300 ft. This gives us an average fire range of appr. 175 feet. In Real War Mod, we're increasing the overall firing range to make the player feel a different experience during the gameplay. Instead of watching the fire exchange between your units and your opponent's units at such miserably small distances as 150 feet are (or 50 meters, whichever definition you like) you will be supposed to make your forces always moving and maneuvering to find a better position on the battlefield. Finding a better position on the field will ensure a better survavability for your army and more accurate and heavy fire at the enemy.
And finally to the numbers. As I already mentioned, the overall firing range will increase about 3 times. This actually means that firing range for armoured units will be around 350 ft, for infantry appr. 175 ft, for long-range artillery (including rocket batteries) up to 550 ft, and for airplanes up to 450 ft. This won't kill the balance or the gameplay itself, but would create a bit different experience ingame.