Der Alte's Content

There have been 15 items by Der Alte (Search limited from 05-April 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#569396 Just a dream...

Posted by Der Alte on 09 February 2008 - 10:04 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Well if all those mods would then look perfectly why not ? :p
No honestly you're right that's the problem with all that - but it would be poor if mods would only differ visually wouldnt it ?

#569384 Just a dream...

Posted by Der Alte on 09 February 2008 - 09:41 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Hi everyone

I've been wondering for quite a long time what the BfME-modding world would look like if all modders shared all their stuff with each other and
put it all together in sort of a great "pot" where everyone can get what he needs to bring his dreams to life :) .
This idea may seem a bit revolutionary, but that's exactly what it should be ;).

I know there are some generous personalities in the community yet who leave some of their stuff to others and I do truly esteem that - but just imagine:
if really everybody (or let's say nearly everybody) offered his work and maybe uploaded it on a special website, we could establish kind of a "Middle-Earth-archive" and mods could release much faster ;) .
It's certainly clear that modding culture lives on competition, but to my mind it's really a waste of time when e.g. every mod creates it's own Rohan royal guard model while there are already about 20 existing models of that kind which are more than perfect. Furthermore I'm sure there will ALWAYS be a new unit, a new hero or anything to do so don't worry there will never be lack of work ;).
And please don't think I'm just a lazy modder (ok maybe a bit ;)), but sometimes it really bugs me that there's still so much work to do although many others have done all this already.
It's as well sad to see amazing and talented modders who can never finish their mod because it simply takes too long.

Of course there might be some nasty guys trying to abuse it, but honestly:

It won't hurt anyone when there are more high quality mods around ;) . Moreover it just needs several rules on the website to prevent it from abuse
(e.g. only people who uploaded something can also download other stuff) and someone who supervises everything.

The idea has been developing in my head for a long time as I said and I thought why not come out with it now :ohmy: - I hope I could elate at least some of you - please tell me what do you think about all that.
I know it would be quite a profound change and we're all modding for honor and reputation,
but isn't it enough appreciation to work just to make someone else happy by sharing with him ? (damn you know what I mean ;))
I think it's really worth thinking about it.
Therefore I believe if it really becomes a large "movement" we could probably achieve a great progress of BfME-modding.

PS: Dont know whether this is the ideal forum for this, just thought it fits here best although it also refers to BfME 1
:p

#548875 proudly presenting my artwork

Posted by Der Alte on 16 December 2007 - 07:12 PM in Showcase

decent skin, but the binding or rigging or whatever is dodgy on his hands, he holds the sword wrong.

It was actually difficult enough to get it like that :grin: and I think you can hardly notice it ingame

And slightly similar to Elladan:

---> Elrohir :rolleyes:

#546803 proudly presenting my artwork

Posted by Der Alte on 10 December 2007 - 07:37 PM in Showcase

Ooops didn't notice that so far ;)
I'll think about it ;)

#546402 proudly presenting my artwork

Posted by Der Alte on 09 December 2007 - 07:01 PM in Showcase

New Rivendell hero:

Elladan

#543299 proudly presenting my artwork

Posted by Der Alte on 01 December 2007 - 03:46 PM in Showcase

Although a bit old yet, another new unit for you:

Wargriders with a spear/axe-weapon thing :lol:
(normal & heavy armor)

Most parts are "handdrawn" :p
The skin of the warg might still be slightly changed for the final version.

#540575 proudly presenting my artwork

Posted by Der Alte on 23 November 2007 - 11:15 PM in Showcase

Hey guys,
I didnt visit this site for quite a long time but now I just saw your all your replies here. Well I retired a bit from moddeling and skinning but I resolved to do some new stuff in the near future so don't worry I'm sure there are many more pics for you to come :p .
And of course Im the author of that "excellent uruk model" ;)

Thanks for the congratulations - I'll try my best :p

#455124 proudly presenting my artwork

Posted by Der Alte on 20 May 2007 - 07:08 PM in Showcase

New pic:
Here you see Ugluk

#442024 proudly presenting my artwork

Posted by Der Alte on 15 April 2007 - 05:29 PM in Showcase

Oh shit I forgot to log in first :D

#428704 proudly presenting my artwork

Posted by Der Alte on 10 March 2007 - 10:25 AM in Showcase

Another new Rivendell hero:

Gildor Inglorion

He's got a lantern in his hand to encourage his frightened men again,
he will act more as guardian of the troops than as a front-line fighter.

#421111 Der Alte's problems-topic

Posted by Der Alte on 19 February 2007 - 07:36 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

:) Can nobody tell me what shall I do to get it work ? :crazed:

#420428 Der Alte's problems-topic

Posted by Der Alte on 18 February 2007 - 09:51 AM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

Thanks, but honestly that doesn't get me very far :p
I'm pretty sure it must work somehow, but I just don't know :evgr:

#419787 Der Alte's problems-topic

Posted by Der Alte on 16 February 2007 - 02:06 PM in BFME2 & RotWK Modding

That many replies... was the question to hard :thumbsupsmiley: ? I've solved the problem anyway yet... :p

But now another question:
If I change the weapon e. g. of the Gondor archers so that not every shot hits a target, how can I make the arrows that have missed their target not simply to disappear but stick in the ground ??? (hope you got what I mean ;) )

#418036 proudly presenting my artwork

Posted by Der Alte on 11 February 2007 - 09:33 PM in Showcase

Finally another update:

My new and unique Rohan-ram :blink::
-->KLICK HERE<--
-->KLICK HERE #2<--
(thanks to Nertea for his Rohirrim-skins :shiftee: )

An elven warrior of the "ancient ages", acts like a captain:
-->KLICK HERE<--

An elite uruk-hai, like the hunters of the fellowship:
-->KLICK HERE<--

Have fun with it ^^

#417891 AI tutorial

Posted by Der Alte on 11 February 2007 - 04:28 PM in BFME Tips and Tutorials

Great tutorial :shiftee:

But pls could anyone tell me - if I want the AI first to build up a bigger army before it attacks - what must I do ???