thudo's Content

There have been 158 items by thudo (Search limited from 20-January 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1095248 Happy Holidays Revora Teams !

Posted by thudo on 25 December 2018 - 07:18 PM in Warhammer40k: Dawn Of War

Utterly so.. beautiful! :w00t:

#1094518 Stomp Stomp Stomp (V0.2 Alpha)

Posted by thudo on 09 December 2018 - 07:26 PM in Adeptus Mechanicus

Ughh,,, sorry.. sheeshh when I read STOMP STOMP I thought this was Orky... hehehe.. :evgr:

So wait is the intent of this to have Titans or Knights as the main spearheads?

Also, tell me you plan to add these as we just finished voicing them?

Secutarii Hoplite
Secutarii Hoplite Alpha
Secutarii Peltast
Secutarii Peltast Alpha
Secutarii Axiarch

The VAs would did these also love anything to do with Legio Titanicus so they likely won't mind writing more.

#1094516 Stomp Stomp Stomp (V0.2 Alpha)

Posted by thudo on 09 December 2018 - 07:19 PM in Adeptus Mechanicus

We're off topic but for an IK Mod to happen I would assume it would be like the relationship which Steel Legion possess: infantry as capturing and support while all vehicles (in this case, heavy walkers) do the lion share of the attack. T1 or early T2 start with Armigers (lesser nobles) as Scouts then move up the latter to more elite Knights.

Anyway, this is an ORKY thread folks.. if we want to start an IK faction thread I can do that but IKs are soo down the road.. voicing is nearly done however but this has been the way its always meant: voices go out way ahead of the projects.

#1094504 Dawn Of Skirmish SS v3.20 AI Mod is now LIVE!

Posted by thudo on 09 December 2018 - 03:59 PM in Warhammer40k: Dawn Of War

None at this time, sorry.. we're too busy with existing projects to touch the Adv. Skirmish AI. :sad2:

#1094417 Space Wolves Mod 0.76 (Not Wolf Lords)

Posted by thudo on 08 December 2018 - 01:12 AM in Space Wolves / Wolf Lords

Haven't had the time to work on this one... been soo busy with other projects. :sad2:

#1094416 Stomp Stomp Stomp (V0.2 Alpha)

Posted by thudo on 08 December 2018 - 01:11 AM in Adeptus Mechanicus

Holy crap..

We finished voicing all of the Titan Guard too! :w00t:

It was a... side project.. :shiftee:

#1094200 UCS Ranges for all Projects

Posted by thudo on 02 December 2018 - 11:31 PM in Unification

Done! <^_^

#1094094 I got carpet bombing to work

Posted by thudo on 30 November 2018 - 02:36 PM in Warhammer40k: Dawn Of War

Well done! :w00t:

#1093621 Alien Hunters - Deathwatch Development

Posted by thudo on 20 November 2018 - 01:47 AM in Inquisition Deathwatch

:w00t:

#1092283 Space Wolves Mod 0.76 (Not Wolf Lords)

Posted by thudo on 21 October 2018 - 04:17 PM in Space Wolves / Wolf Lords

Thank you good sir! <^_^

That also goes for everyone else but feedback on our projects from "outside" the dev community has been sparse hence why we sincerely need vetting from another player other than us vet modders. :sad2:

#1092279 Space Wolves Mod 0.76 (Not Wolf Lords)

Posted by thudo on 21 October 2018 - 03:50 PM in Space Wolves / Wolf Lords

Btw when you provide your "point form" analysis can you do the following:

First, elaborate on your suggestions as you are currently doing BUT, if there is a "Request for Change" then at the end of each major point of the whole paragraph simply summarize it 1-2 sentences but BOLD FACE it. This way, in future, we can come back and easily reference it quick to more effectively implement such changes if the team agrees to it.

Its very hard and time consuming sometimes to go through each point and figure out what needs to be fix. Elaboration is good but a real quick bold-faced summary at the end (if its a "Request for Change") is very welcome.

#1092277 Space Wolves Mod 0.76 (Not Wolf Lords)

Posted by thudo on 21 October 2018 - 02:43 PM in Space Wolves / Wolf Lords

Once more a solid report good sir! :w00t: We sincerely need more of this, everywhere!!

I cannot answer all that although one thing I do know: SW utterly steamrolls most over. I find they win 80-90% of games so in some respect they need some nerfing.

Re: Too many builders.. odd.. I never found this to be an issue and the AI limits itself to 2 Techmarines ( I think 4 Techmarines) is too many anyway IMO but that wasn't my decision.

#1092174 Space Wolves Mod 0.76 (Not Wolf Lords)

Posted by thudo on 19 October 2018 - 12:28 AM in Space Wolves / Wolf Lords

1vs1 for testing balance is good but so long as you can reproduce/duplicate your findings then we can address them.

Generally, I like to look at all facets of the faction mod being testing: ie. ensure all info on all units, buildings, researches, addons, abilities, etc is accurate, complete, and grammatically-correct. Also, look at everything that it looks graphically fine (no bugs or defects within reason) when doing most tasks. Keep a sharp eye out for anything that should be questioned/critiqued.

Thank you so very much for your analysis - this is what we need "across the board" from our projects to delivery quality.

#1092172 Space Wolves Mod 0.76 (Not Wolf Lords)

Posted by thudo on 19 October 2018 - 12:11 AM in Space Wolves / Wolf Lords

Wut.. Vanilla Tau (the way IL left them so IMBA in their last official 3.20 release) are near impossible to stop. None of the vanilla factions can ever stand against them and most of our faction mods (unless they have serious balances issues) certainly cannot.

If you caught the Tau AI in their base being vulnerable.. that sounds like shear luck... try another map like 2p_Meeting_of_Minds or 2p_Fallen_City.. there are a few 2p maps I love vetting factions and AI to ensure quality. Also, you played 2+ FFA... that means while the other AIs were distracted you merely exploited their times of weakness: try 1vs1 against a Hard Tau AI.. :trickydick: 

Yeah I have my own "test methods" for vetting both faction and its AI from top to bottom.

#1092167 Space Wolves Mod 0.76 (Not Wolf Lords)

Posted by thudo on 18 October 2018 - 09:35 PM in Space Wolves / Wolf Lords

Not sure I can right now answer all the above but:

Yeah I think that they are really well developed but a few minor changes could go along way in game play, and overall balancing issues. I just played a 6 player free for all against hard AI and I was able to take out three players using the rush strategy, before the 20 minute mark, its fun, but it makes me not even bother trying for late game land raider stomp. That type of loophole kind negates the need for a well rounded army as you would with say, vanilla space marines at the later phases of the game.

So you used SW faction to take out that many Hard AIs? What factions were they? Map? Usual Game Modes? Balance is another deal for SW mod.

Right now, I was the last to update the project so unsure who is around to pick it back up.

Voices are all done but not in-game.. I am wayy too busy with other projects right now on that front to clean/normalize/process/export in-game. :sad2: Of course, my colleagues will tell you that we have a very good track record.. ie. we have 110+ characters fully voiced for Ultramarines making it the absolute largest faction mod in the community. Wait til you see what one!  :good:

#1091151 Dawn Of Skirmish SS v3.20 AI Mod is now LIVE!

Posted by thudo on 24 September 2018 - 08:15 PM in Warhammer40k: Dawn Of War

Drawing blanks on this, bud... if I had the cycles...

#1091149 Dawn Of Skirmish SS v3.20 AI Mod is now LIVE!

Posted by thudo on 24 September 2018 - 07:47 PM in Warhammer40k: Dawn Of War

So yer still getting

*ALERT: [string "Core/utility.ai"]:93: Assertion failed at Core/Strategies/Strategy.ai, line 31
Error Loading script file 'DATA:AI/default.ai' for race 'dark_eldar_race'!

I wonder if its the _race name causing it. Seems odd that error would come up unless the racebps file has something buggy about it. You may need to remove all Faith and Soul references in your racebps OR compare it to something like the ork_race file. It might have some bad SS-only values DC cannot accept but is only hosing the AI. This is quite dicey as those two factions are really only SS specific so no clue what down-porting them can do.

#1091146 Dawn Of Skirmish SS v3.20 AI Mod is now LIVE!

Posted by thudo on 24 September 2018 - 07:10 PM in Warhammer40k: Dawn Of War

Well the basic aspects of DE and Sisters will work and you'd have to compensate for the lack of souls and faith for them to now work under the vanilla conditions of DC.

The DE/Sis AI under DC though.. that would take some debugging as there might be SS-specific calls in that AI since its obviously from SS -- those would need to be purged. It could be a tactic file in DE's loader.. try commenting out this whole section for fun and change that line after the comment from "elseif" to "if" as follows:

--[[
 if (sUnitName == "dark_eldar_squad_slave") then
        return DarkEldarSlaveTactic(oSquadAI)
    elseif (sUnitName == "dark_eldar_squad_archon") then
        return DarkEldarArchonTactic(oSquadAI)
    elseif (sUnitName == "dark_eldar_squad_haemonculus") then
        return DarkEldarHaemonculusTactic(oSquadAI)
    elseif (sUnitName == "dark_eldar_squad_raider") then
        return DarkEldarRaiderTactic(oSquadAI)
]]
    if (eClass == UnitStatsAI.UC_VehicleLow or eClass == UnitStatsAI.UC_VehicleMed or eClass == UnitStatsAI.UC_VehicleHigh) then

Now what happens?

The Line 31 in Strategy.ai should be re-instated as its needed for all other factions.

It also be an issue in your infantry or vehicle tactic for DE. Unsure how much of that you changed.

#1091144 Dawn Of Skirmish SS v3.20 AI Mod is now LIVE!

Posted by thudo on 24 September 2018 - 06:49 PM in Warhammer40k: Dawn Of War

Yes but DC does not have some of the core SS logic within its DLLs so I am not sure DC will accept either DE or Sisters in an older build of the game since they were always meant for SS.

Playing as DE or Sisters in DC as you (human) is one thing but the AI may need missing logic only found in the core of SS's binaries.

Tell me: were you able to implement both DE Souls and Sister's Faith mechanic into DC? That is normally a SS gameplay logic which I thought was hardcoded/baked into SS.

#1091131 Dawn Of Skirmish SS v3.20 AI Mod is now LIVE!

Posted by thudo on 24 September 2018 - 02:42 PM in Warhammer40k: Dawn Of War

When does this error occur? Before the map loads OR during the game when you are testing your AI?

You seem to be editing the existing Dark Eldar vanilla faction but for DC? Does a race meant for Soulstorm work in the previous expansion, DC?

I was able to port down the latest SS AI for use in DC but not the two SS specific races, DE and Sisters hence I have no clue what you want is supported as some of the hardcoded logic IronLore did may not support DC.

#1090708 Alien Hunters - Deathwatch Development

Posted by thudo on 15 September 2018 - 04:14 AM in Inquisition Deathwatch

Utterly exceptional! This all seems like a dream.. the Ordo Xenos... one of the great aspects of 40K coming to life like no other project out there!

So very glad to have you back, good sir! :good:

#1090598 Alien Hunters - Deathwatch Development

Posted by thudo on 13 September 2018 - 11:43 AM in Inquisition Deathwatch

Magnificent! Great to see your fantastic work once more, DW! Been a long while..

#1090518 Alien Hunters - Deathwatch Development

Posted by thudo on 11 September 2018 - 10:09 PM in Inquisition Deathwatch

Culexus Assassin.. Yummmmmmmmmmmm...

#1090498 Alien Hunters - Deathwatch Development

Posted by thudo on 11 September 2018 - 06:53 PM in Inquisition Deathwatch

Much like the Callidus! Absolutely! Ordo Xenos would have squads/sergeants/commanders/maybe even vehicles with alien tech being used against itself... ergo, why I love dat Deathwatch!

#1090449 Alien Hunters - Deathwatch Development

Posted by thudo on 10 September 2018 - 11:41 PM in Inquisition Deathwatch

Astartes Railguns! :good: