The only real question is, how much advancement has the US done to its military?
Stuff like the
TALON SWORDS drone (recon, sniper) - killer robot thing, controlled from the strategy center perhaps?
Metal Storm - (Camoflaged Base defense). Stacked cartridges, electric firing mechanism, fires a million rounds per minute.
Upgrade= 40mm grenades.
EA-18 Growler (Electronic Warfare = Carries a missile Jammer pod.
Payload = x2 AGM-88 HARMS, x2 AIM-9X sidewinders.
Joint Common Missile Upgrade (Ammo Upgrade) - AGM-65 mavericks and AGM-114 Hellfires are replaced with JCM's. Smaller size and lighter weight increases number of missiles carried by 50%.
AL-2 Dragon Airborne Laser - Used against incoming ballistic missile. Just copy PDL data from King Raptors.
Sensor Fuzed Weapon, Dropped by B-52. (Superweapon) - When fired, will automatically fire copper slugs into enemy vehicles. (Change templates for point defense laser).
[quote]5. Airfields- um can there be more that four parking spaces for an entire runway? They take up too much room for them to only hold four. Having the game come to a crawl because a quarter of the map is runways gets old fast.[/quote] What do you think of AoW aircraft system? [/quote]
Well I'll just save you guys a few weeks of trouble and say that the Aow system will not work for generals. As user friendly as it is, the SAGE engine is just outclassed. Basically, aircraft that have a delivery payload such as the A-10, cannot attack. As far as anti radiation missiles go, you simply need to take the Armor.ini and the weapon .ini and give the AGM-88 the damage type STEALTHJET_MISSILES. Then Create an armor for your SAM site and make it have STEALTHJET_MISSILES = 250%. Then go through every single armor type like "TankArmor" and "HumanArmor" and make STEALTHJET_MISSILES = 0%. SEAD jets will automatically target AA defenses that have the SAM armor, at least when set to guard mode. *catches breath* You know, I actually have the working code if your interested.
Ok so the aircraft in CNC generals... sucked. They cost a fortune and their missiles could not fire as far as enemy AA shells, making attacks un-economical at best. Just a few questions.
1. Anti Radiations missiles- Passively lock onto enemy air defense radar signals. Modern missiles use inertial guidance to hit a radar that has turned off. The KH-59 and AGM-88 harm are pretty good choices. Will they be included?
2. F-22 raptor- I could see some balancing problems here. To balance out a relatively lopsided air-to air engagement, Raptors should only be available late in the game. This could give the PLAF and the Russians time to get at least one working Radar zone functional.
3. Jamming- Really isn't an issue because of passive Home on jam capabilities of the AIM-120 and S-300. But i suppose its better to have it than not have it. Maybe it will only affect certain missiles?
4. Tank plinking- (Desert storm) Now this could cause even more balancing issues now, since every air force with PGM capabilities can essentially wipe out a large amount of ground vehicles. Decoys and camouflage might not be a terrible idea.
5. Airfields- um can there be more that four parking spaces for an entire runway? They take up too much room for them to only hold four. Having the game come to a crawl because a quarter of the map is runways gets old fast.
Well I hope your mod turns out as good as I hope, cause I'm rapidly running out of reasons to keep zero hour installed.