Canadyan's Content

There have been 37 items by Canadyan (Search limited from 08-April 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#728223 Elves

Posted by Canadyan on 05 July 2009 - 06:04 PM in RJ Good Factions

2. Perhaps heroes should be included under the purchasable factions. What I mean is you get the heroes to start with that apply to your faction. For example, if you start with Lothlorien, You start with Celeborn, Haldir, and Galadriel available. After you summon help from Rivendell, you can now purchase Glorfindel, Elrond, and Arwen, and after Mirkwood, Thranduil and Legolas. Maybe tone Mirkwood up a little bit, too, since they'll start with one less hero - or not, that could be considered "part of Mirkwood's 'Style' as opposed to the other two sub-factions"

Come see my topic about a new map!

I am reaaaally for this concept. The Elves are awesome but I think it would be even more cool (and realistic) if the subfaction's heroes weren't available until their alliance was purchased. It adds more strategy to which team you choose to start with and also makes it more imperative to ally with the subfactions.

#704319 Gondor

Posted by Canadyan on 16 April 2009 - 08:21 PM in RJ Good Factions

I think the debate of Beregond earning a spot as a hero gets put into perspective a little better when you see Arwen as a hero. It sounds like Beregond at least did something in Middle Earth. Arwen didn't do anything and the only reason she's a hero is because PJ dropped Glorfindel from the movies, so she actually had a point in being in them. I'm sure I'm not the only one to know that Arwen was originally planned to lead the Elves to Helm's Deep in aid of Rohan, instead of Haldir.

My point? She barely served a purpose in the movies and while I don't mind her being a hero in the RJ mod, I think Beregond definitly has more merit than her, as do many other heroes that have been axed or dropped as concepts. I'm sure anyone you ask would rather have Haldir's brothers or Elrond's sons in place of her as Heroes.

#703689 RJ 1.06 Bug Reports

Posted by Canadyan on 14 April 2009 - 09:17 PM in RJ Development

The Wraiths that are created by Nazgul's are practically invincible. Anything short of a real army can't seem to kill one fast enough. I doubt this is intentional and if it is, it's seriously OP.

Wraiths leach health whenever they attack. If you attack them with a group of soldiers, expect to lose, because they'll recover damage faster than you can deal it. If you do not have heroes or archers, the best thing to do is run away because Wraiths have ridiculously slow move speeds.

Like I said, that's pretty OP if it's intentional. They halt entire armies of the AI, since they aren't smart enough to "go around" them.

#703483 RJ 1.06 Bug Reports

Posted by Canadyan on 14 April 2009 - 05:31 AM in RJ Development

The Wraiths that are created by Nazgul's are practically invincible. Anything short of a real army can't seem to kill one fast enough. I doubt this is intentional and if it is, it's seriously OP.

#700107 Rohan

Posted by Canadyan on 07 April 2009 - 05:31 AM in RJ Good Factions

Since the discussion/concensus is nearing to basically making Ents much better (Which I totally agree with), how about giving Treebeard an "Ent Heal" ability? It sucks when one fire arrow hits an Ent and you can't do anything about it. Either that or he should give Ents around him an upped Regeneration rate. You could argue that other factions can't heal artillery but if we're on the subject of dramatically increasing their costs and making them a much more unique artillery unit, then I think it could fit in.

#698514 Elves

Posted by Canadyan on 02 April 2009 - 08:42 PM in RJ Good Factions

And how is that logical or realistic at all? :p

True, it's really neither but I thought it was kind of neat all the same. I'd really like to see something to give the Elven bases a more foresty feel to them - not that Lorien isn't already awesome. ;)

#698512 Mordor

Posted by Canadyan on 02 April 2009 - 08:40 PM in RJ Evil Faction

It's a bit of a stretch but maybe have Grond essentially act like a giant moving unit-squisher. Think Mumakil but much more resilient. Give it extreme defenses, with a few weaknesses and maybe some kind of defensive mechanism - burning oil against melee units on its sides or something of the sort. Also give it a charge ability, making the trolls push it harder. Basically, make it something that will force the enemy to scramble units and powers to stop it. I'm always a yes on incorporating units that scare the hell out of you when you see them coming. :p

#698014 Mordor

Posted by Canadyan on 01 April 2009 - 06:20 PM in RJ Evil Faction

Summon Grond? That sounds awesome. I always forget that Grond is already in the game, just never put to use.

#697359 Rohan

Posted by Canadyan on 30 March 2009 - 08:29 PM in RJ Good Factions

I'm all for fixing up Eowyn. She needs a level 10 power desperately, AFAIK, her Rohirrim Disguise does nothing against AI and altogether, is just pretty silly. She's the last hero I'd want to hide from my enemy.

#697358 Elves

Posted by Canadyan on 30 March 2009 - 08:26 PM in RJ Good Factions

I had a thought for the Elves and I'm not sure if we're supposed to be posting Suggestions in this thread or the Elves thread under the Faction Topics but here it is:

I like that Lorien doesn't use Walls anymore but my thought was to maybe give an option to "build trees" so to speak. It would follow the same process of building Walls, but instead it would be a close tree line being built that units could pass through but would give Lorien units the advantage of stealth. Basically, it wouldn't be nearly as effecitive as walls in terms of keeping units out but it would give the Elves somewhere to station defensively and in my opinion, would help make the Lorien bases look more foresty. And yes, I know they have the Fortress power that plops a mini forest down but I still think this would be really cool.

I particularly think this concept would work really well with Mirkwood. Rivendell seems like more of a "walls" team but that's debatable.

#696308 Men of the East

Posted by Canadyan on 28 March 2009 - 06:16 AM in RJ Evil Faction

Hey! It's me again! I only have some additions for this post

>Both armories should produce Catapults and Ramp-towers (to get both infantry and CAVALRY on the walls)

Kind of like Siege Towers from BFME1? That sounds awesome, great idea.

#696158 Rohan

Posted by Canadyan on 27 March 2009 - 08:12 PM in RJ Good Factions

Why would you want Theoden to not be the strongest hero? He's the King of Rohan. In any case, Heroes from outside Rohan shouldn't be there strongest.

The Mod is really feeling distinctive between Factions now with the Elves split up, I really don't recommend the Three Hunters becoming recruitable on Rohan, it'll detract from the Rohan feel.

#692345 Men of the East

Posted by Canadyan on 17 March 2009 - 05:12 AM in RJ Evil Faction

Dark Heal definitely doesn't hit Mumakil, I plopped one down straight on one with the sole purpose of healing it and nothing happened.

I've also come to the conclusion that the Mahud Chieftain's Mumakil leadership doesn't work when he's actually mounted on the Mumakil. I'm not sure if this is known as a bug or not but since he's actually unclickable (from the portrait) when he's mounted, I'm presuming it's another WIP.

#692343 RJ-RotWK 1.06 Feedback

Posted by Canadyan on 17 March 2009 - 05:04 AM in RJ Development

I'm in agreement with Wanderer - I'm all for the most realistic mod we can get but obviously things have been and will be sacrificed for balance and fun - having units that knockdown every hero %100 of the time isn't fun. I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure you're able to code in percentages, as in, chance of knockdown on units; if that's the case, I'd just suggest toning it down slightly, so a hero that a Troll is beating on, has some chance of escape.

#691321 RJ-RotWK 1.06 Feedback

Posted by Canadyan on 14 March 2009 - 06:22 PM in RJ Development

I have but one complaint, asside from the Elven problems you already know about...

Heroes that always do knockback, such as the Goblin faction's Troll heroes, are overpowered. One of them, which did not cost very much, would have killed my Elrond, who was 7 levels higher. He always knocked back Elrond. This is unrealistic and unbalanced.

I really have to agree with this. I'm okay with a few heroes having knockback but other Heroes should be immune. The Goblin team's Trolls are the best example of how bad it is - I've had them kill any hero they choose by repeatedly standing over them and beating them back down. Or maybe just give them a "chance of knockback" like I think Boromir has now.

#691278 RJ-RotWK 1.06 Feedback

Posted by Canadyan on 14 March 2009 - 04:41 PM in RJ Development

So true, I really like the summon Ent power but now I find myself not bothering getting it because 75% of the time I use it, the Ents are killed before they even rise out of the grove.

#690514 Elves

Posted by Canadyan on 12 March 2009 - 03:57 AM in RJ Good Factions

Couple Elven bugs -

The Lorien Towers have a weird protruding line out the front of them when trying to place them, preventing them from being placed as easily as other buildings.

Also, when allying with the other two Elven factions, it's possible to purchase their Hero units aswell (Noldor, Galadrim, etc) bringing your count up to 9 groups of Hero units.

#690459 Men of the East

Posted by Canadyan on 11 March 2009 - 11:50 PM in RJ Evil Faction

I like the King's Claw weapons, those are incredibly cool. Hm, a Horn sounds pretty awesome aswell. MotE have that unique Horn sound aswell - it would be cool to see an Evil team with the equivalent to Boromir's horn too.

That actually gives me a cool idea - How about a Horn aswell for the Chieftain that can only be used when he's mounting a Mumakil?

#690457 Rohan

Posted by Canadyan on 11 March 2009 - 11:47 PM in RJ Good Factions

I posted this in the 1.06 Feedback thread but It definitely belongs in Rohan's thread for a suggestion.

Gamling - It feels like his awesome Leadership bonus is being wasted. He's the only hero for Rohan that fights at Range (while on horseback) and therefore never really puts him near the other Heroes. The counter-argument is if you're fighting off the horses, then yes, heroes would be near him but really, as convenient as the Mounted toggle is for the Rohan Heroes, no one's playing them to not be on their horses.

I would suggest giving him a Sword or Spear toggle from the Bow, so he can melee near the other mounted Heroes. It would make him a way more versatile and useful hero to Rohan. I think it's neat they have a ranged-mounted Hero but again, he doesn't seem to fit any good purpose at the moment.

#689998 RJ-RotWK 1.06 Feedback

Posted by Canadyan on 10 March 2009 - 07:00 PM in RJ Development

Feedback
---

I've only given the Elves and Rohan a real good play so far but as for the Elves - amazing. My only issue/suggestion is regarding the Heroes. Still, too many. It detracts from feeling like you're playing as Lorien when Legolos, Thrandruil, etc are all purchasable from the start. A quick suggestion is making, again, for example, Legolas and Thranduil only available when allying with Mirkwood. It would definitely add more of a strategic element to choosing who to ally with first.

Rohan is awesome with the bugs and missing parts to them cleaned up (except the current banner bug). The Royal Guard changes are perfect. A bit of feedback on Gamling though - I highly suggest a sword or spear toggle when he's mounted. He has that great Hero Leadership bonus but since almost all of Rohan's Heroes are mounted and in melee combat, I haven't been able to find a real niche for him to be useful with that, since he sits back, shooting arrows. Dismounting and using him in melee isn't really optimal either, since there's no good reason to dismount Theoden, Eomer, etc.

That's all for now, I'll post some more after giving other teams a good play through.

#689574 RJ 1.06 Bug Reports

Posted by Canadyan on 09 March 2009 - 07:40 AM in RJ Development

Rohan's banner carrier upgrade for the Cavalry doesn't work aswell. You can purchase it but the units can't click on it for upgrading.

#689329 RJ 1.06 Bug Reports

Posted by Canadyan on 08 March 2009 - 08:36 PM in RJ Development

I've been playing the new update all last night and this morning, each time against the MotE and they have never built Mumakil in the skirmishes. I started a few games with just me and MotE and allied with them to watch them build and after about 10 minutes, they do build them, but it seems in actual battle skirmish, they aren't doing it. I'm assuming something with their priority for building is stopping it. Sounds like a bug to me though.

EDIT: Well, I played a match with two friends tonight vs MotE, Goblins and Mordor on Lebennon I think the map was called and MotE sent streams of Mumakil at us. It was epic. Not sure why they chose to do it that time and build none the other times.

#687728 RJ 1.06 Release Date

Posted by Canadyan on 05 March 2009 - 08:10 PM in RJ News

My jaw was on the floor while browsing those Rivendell Fortress pictures. Every time I see something new on this mod, it blows me away even harder. Simply amazing.

#685068 Arnor

Posted by Canadyan on 27 February 2009 - 08:45 PM in RJ Good Factions

Yeah, true, Earnur doesn't have to be recruitable from the Fortress. Also, 4 kings is a good point. Maybe some thought should be put into dropping one of them and implementing them into a Power for Arnor. As in, summoning Earnur for example with some Arnor infantry or something of that nature.

#685044 Arnor

Posted by Canadyan on 27 February 2009 - 06:56 PM in RJ Good Factions

That other king guy who's really cheap
Decent early game leader hero

I'm pretty sure you're referring to Argeleb?

Also, no love for Earnur? I can't think any other current Hero that would have walked into the Minas Morgul taunting the Witch King. :mellow: