Alsch's Content

There have been 160 items by Alsch (Search limited from 08-December 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#573465 Sneak Peeks

Posted by Alsch on 25 February 2008 - 04:26 AM in The Dwarf Holds News

*Bows down and kisses the feet of his superiors.*

These are beautiful.

#566767 Combo Hordes

Posted by Alsch on 03 February 2008 - 03:53 AM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

Uruk King:

Testing the water here... bear in mind we already have things like Mirkwood warriors + armoured warriors... and some other stuff like doubling up Gondor hordes.

But what are your ideas?

#546981 Ask the modders

Posted by Alsch on 11 December 2007 - 05:07 AM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

Very nice to hear about upgrades for the rangers. Being able to actually do what they were intended for - ambushing - will be great.

#538646 Sneak Peeks

Posted by Alsch on 19 November 2007 - 01:56 AM in The Dwarf Holds News

My god, that's beautiful. That must have taken some time. Kudos! I can see that being a lot of fun.

#522378 Spellbook Power Ideas

Posted by Alsch on 08 October 2007 - 03:50 AM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

Oh, yes. I forgot that part. *forehead slap* :)

#522301 Spellbook Power Ideas

Posted by Alsch on 07 October 2007 - 09:56 PM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

I like the idea of that power, refering to the Arkenstone, but - and I'm sorry to be a buzzkill - Thorin was dead during the war of the ring, so it might be a good idea to give it to a different one of the Dwarven heroes.

#513264 Ask the modders

Posted by Alsch on 16 September 2007 - 12:14 AM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

That makes sense. And definetly cuts down on micro-managing.

#511752 Ask the modders

Posted by Alsch on 11 September 2007 - 11:04 PM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

It's great to hear that the fire arrow system is much more dynamic and realistic. It always pissed me off that a bunch of archers could tear through everything possible, most notably in the campaign.

#507629 Sneak Peeks

Posted by Alsch on 02 September 2007 - 05:32 PM in The Dwarf Holds News

Posted Image

Just in case you missed it. <3
Me being a douche aside, the barracks look incredible. The fact that I can see the frames of the glass in the window is just amazing.

#501537 Gallery Update

Posted by Alsch on 21 August 2007 - 01:18 AM in The Dwarf Holds News

Well, it sure beats AoE, where a bunch of spearmen can tear down a castle.

Awesome stuff! Gondor looks a lot more versatile than it was. I guess you can do more than just a knight rush! :rolleyes:

#501351 Sneak Peeks

Posted by Alsch on 20 August 2007 - 06:21 PM in The Dwarf Holds News

Man, that marketplace looks like a real bazaar! It's awesome!

And I just want to say something, not directed at anyone in particular, that I can guarantee that the team knows what day of the week it is. So saying, "No update? *Sad*" doesn't really help. Again, not directed at you, Azreal, I guess you're just the straw that broke the camel's back.

#500690 Gondor Units Questions...

Posted by Alsch on 19 August 2007 - 06:16 AM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

The Captain of Gondor has the same function as the Mirkwood/Rivendell captain unit in that you can attach it to most - I'm fairly certain not all - infantry units to increase their stats.

#498626 Favorite Hero?

Posted by Alsch on 14 August 2007 - 10:27 PM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

No promises.

#496272 Ask the modders

Posted by Alsch on 10 August 2007 - 05:44 PM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

That's what I suspected. Thanks! ;)

#496174 Ask the modders

Posted by Alsch on 10 August 2007 - 04:18 PM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

I have a kind of off-topic question. Are the Mirkwood Megilherdir units both a sword user and a spear unit - upon purchase of the Hadron upgrade? I feel kind of dumb asking this. ;)

#495929 which unit combinations will be in the mod?

Posted by Alsch on 10 August 2007 - 03:50 AM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

Fair enough. I would imagine that it's possible to assign a shortcut - that's exactly what the function keys are for - but I wouldn't know. And you make a very good point about the guard button. I was always confused about the fact that only some units had it on their palantir. Same with the attack move that the orc laborers have. The fact the most non-military oriented unit in the game had it was most perplexing.

#495911 New Team Member

Posted by Alsch on 10 August 2007 - 02:49 AM in The Dwarf Holds News

Congrats! And good luck. From what I know of that sort of stuff - admittedly, not very much - is that it's not all that easy. And remember, you've got quotas to reach! :umad:

#495909 which unit combinations will be in the mod?

Posted by Alsch on 10 August 2007 - 02:46 AM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

I'm fairly certain that it's been said that it's possible to de-combine, but it's kind of a balance issue, as you could purchase upgrades for one battalion, and just start combining and de-combining units to get a billion upgrades for the price of one. Unless it's possible to code it so that the game "remembers" - for a lack of a better word - which part of the combo-battalion had the upgrade. In that case, I'm all for it. It gets kind of annoying when I'm micro-managing my army and all of a sudden two of them decide to combine.

#494163 Gallery Update

Posted by Alsch on 07 August 2007 - 05:02 AM in The Dwarf Holds News

*Picks up pieces*

Seriously, guys. This is getting ridiculous. Stop making such awesomeness. :p

#493699 Sneak Peeks

Posted by Alsch on 06 August 2007 - 04:08 AM in The Dwarf Holds News

Very nice stuff, Cahik. Those animations look very professional and fluid. I love them! Plus, the whole concept of this unit it awesome.

And a question to add onto Olorin's: is the first animation a different stance for the horde, or is it just a pre-attack animation?

#490911 Ask the modders

Posted by Alsch on 31 July 2007 - 09:53 PM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

Wow. If I could, I'd send you chocolates. :)

#487350 Ask the modders!

Posted by Alsch on 25 July 2007 - 04:25 PM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

Posted Image

I don't think I need to explain myself.

#483695 Ask the modders!

Posted by Alsch on 18 July 2007 - 06:22 PM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

Plus, it would make retreating and just regular movements a real b*tch. Just like with the trolls.

#482427 Ask the modders!

Posted by Alsch on 16 July 2007 - 02:33 AM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

I'm sorry to hear that, as I have now created an extremely high-quality banner, just for that very purpose! Behold, the official Rhovanion Alliance fan banner! :p (stress on the ;) )

Posted Image

here is the code if you really want to use it
[img]http://img39.picoodle.com/img/img39/9/7/15/f_Alexanderm_bdbd566.jpg[/img]

#480757 where is elrond?

Posted by Alsch on 12 July 2007 - 05:28 PM in The Dwarf Holds Discussion

Olorin, I said that because you had an Elven Alliance sig, and Galadriel was included in it. I wasn't commenting on the quotes.

And I'm happy that they didn't include those heroes in RA. This isn't an E.A. bash, as it's kind of from a different angle. They didn't fight, and the elves already have a lot of uber heroes.