Photo

Shatabrick/smurf/stat services in game

toxicshock

Best Answer ToxicShock, 28 May 2015 - 07:23 PM

You won't be able to access the Peer Chat the way you did last time; you need to be authenticated. It's probably best that we run services like those you mentioned server side. Thank you for offering though. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hot_Fudge

Hot_Fudge
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:39 PM

Hi there, I would like to offer services that are right now brought to shatabrick only online ingame. I've done this in the past with .Bot/NotABot, and I would like to bring it back, HOWEVER, I have some problems getting into the server using an IRC client. I'm not sure how much is public knowledge and how much isn't, but with some google-fue and a packet sniffer I've come pretty close. I still get kicked out by NickServ, and I need some help with it from the system administrators/the one who set it up.

Things I could make the bot do:

Tell player information:

-Stats/history/smurfs

-Are they in game (if so, with whom)?

-When is a player last seen

-Possibly: in game memo system, send a message to someone, they can read when they just log in.

-Tell who is hosting a game with a certain name

Give a one-time  message containing information to (new) players (just a possibility, depends on what the admins actually want):

-Where do they find forums/what can they post

-News or maintainance updates

-Upcoming tournaments/registration links

-Ingame promotion for Revora/GR

I think this could improve user experience even more! I hope the admins are up for it.

Edited by Hot_Fudge, 31 May 2015 - 04:54 PM.

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:23 PM   Best Answer

You won't be able to access the Peer Chat the way you did last time; you need to be authenticated. It's probably best that we run services like those you mentioned server side. Thank you for offering though.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 Hot_Fudge

Hot_Fudge
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:54 PM

Is it then possible (for you) to set this up serverside? I think its an useful addition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users