Photo

Resolution problem...

bug

Best Answer Wayward Winds, 03 August 2015 - 05:22 PM

If you don't already know, you can use any custom resolution you want by editing the configuration settings file.

>Open the folder Mental Omega is installed to.

>Find "RA2MO", which should be listed as configuration settings.  It should automatically open in notepad.

>Scroll down to "Video", which should be the 3rd section, and edit the "Screen height" and "Screen width" sections to you desired resolution.  Remember to set the height a little smaller if you're playing in windowed mode and on a Windows OS, or some of the bottom of the screen will disappear under the desktop interface.  In my case, my actual screen height is 768, but I drop it to 700 if I plan on using windowed mode.

>Save your changes, and play the game.  Note: This only affects gameplay (all gameplay, not just campaign or skirmish specifically), not the main menu.

For reference, you'll also find two other system configuration files in the folder, one for the original Red Alert 2 (simply titled ra2), and one for Yuri's Revenge (RA2MD).  Each one only affects the specific game it is attached to, so editing one will not affect the others.  Make sure you edit RA2MO for Mental Omega.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lt_ulquiorra

lt_ulquiorra
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:28 PM

Hi! So I installed Mental Omega 3.0 (the latest one) and tried playing it. Everything worked so well (a bit of delay here and there, but nothing so serious). Then I tried playing a skirmish game. This is were it went bad, The resolution appeared to be set on 640x480. And the color is a bit on the old side (probably 16bit). It was like playing RA2 on the lowest resolution possible. I tried using the resolution fix I found on the net but nothing worked. Any help? BTW, I'm on windows 10 :)

P.S. I wanted to attach a screen shot but whenever I try to capture a shot, it bypasses the game and gives me a screenshot of half of my desktop instead.

Thanks~

#2 lt_ulquiorra

lt_ulquiorra
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:30 AM

Hi! That's the problem, I wasn't using any resolution set 640x480. Actually, I have it set to 1366 x 768 using the resolution fixer i found online. It works good when I'm not using the Mental Omega mod. When I start mental omega mod, it results to 640x480. :)

#3 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:48 AM

Well, Mental Omega supports modern resolutions, so I guess that resolution fixer is not needed?

#4 Wayward Winds

Wayward Winds
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:22 PM   Best Answer

If you don't already know, you can use any custom resolution you want by editing the configuration settings file.

>Open the folder Mental Omega is installed to.

>Find "RA2MO", which should be listed as configuration settings.  It should automatically open in notepad.

>Scroll down to "Video", which should be the 3rd section, and edit the "Screen height" and "Screen width" sections to you desired resolution.  Remember to set the height a little smaller if you're playing in windowed mode and on a Windows OS, or some of the bottom of the screen will disappear under the desktop interface.  In my case, my actual screen height is 768, but I drop it to 700 if I plan on using windowed mode.

>Save your changes, and play the game.  Note: This only affects gameplay (all gameplay, not just campaign or skirmish specifically), not the main menu.

For reference, you'll also find two other system configuration files in the folder, one for the original Red Alert 2 (simply titled ra2), and one for Yuri's Revenge (RA2MD).  Each one only affects the specific game it is attached to, so editing one will not affect the others.  Make sure you edit RA2MO for Mental Omega.

#5 lt_ulquiorra

lt_ulquiorra
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:08 PM

Wow! Changing the RA2MO file actually solved my problems. I set 1024x768 and it worked! Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users