Photo

Passengerbones

Best Answer vengefulnoob, 29 March 2016 - 01:51 PM

SOLVED, With thanks to Irene and Kwen! For future reference:

• You CAN add Passengerbones to an existing _SKL. 
  • Best way to do this is to clone existing passengerbones or bones (using copy, rather than instance or reference)
  • The only requirement is making sure that ALL BONES (Additional or not) are checked as bones in the w3d tools menu under utilities.
  •  When exporting, be sure to choose to export as a skeleton
  • In the unit's Ini file, reference your new passenger bones

And yes, past me, you were being a dumb. Check those damn bones off first!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vengefulnoob

vengefulnoob
  • Project Team
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:26 PM

Hey all,

So, recently I've dipped back into trying to edit some models, specifically, the CorsairShip and the Mumakil, to which I'm trying to add passengerbones.

Problem is that at present as soon as the passengerbone gets added, either to the _skl, or the _skn, the model appears randomly bound (in the case of the mumakil, sprawling over the map, and in the case of the corsair ship, the sails being below the waterline!).

What makes this issue quite as frustrating as it is is that I've tried this before, and I know I've managed to add passengerbones to existing models before, without having to then go through and change all the animations.

Am I doing a dumb, or am I just going senile early?

Any guidance on adding passengerbones to an existing model would be very much appreciated!

P.S. Anyone found a limit on the number of passengerbones you can attach to a unit? Numbers seem to go as high as 20 on structures (Fortresses in particular), but I remember that 10 appeared to be the upper limit for units. Something related to game.dat perhaps?

EoPZnYh.png

#2 vengefulnoob

vengefulnoob
  • Project Team
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:51 PM   Best Answer

SOLVED, With thanks to Irene and Kwen! For future reference:

• You CAN add Passengerbones to an existing _SKL. 
  • Best way to do this is to clone existing passengerbones or bones (using copy, rather than instance or reference)
  • The only requirement is making sure that ALL BONES (Additional or not) are checked as bones in the w3d tools menu under utilities.
  •  When exporting, be sure to choose to export as a skeleton
  • In the unit's Ini file, reference your new passenger bones

And yes, past me, you were being a dumb. Check those damn bones off first!

Edited by vengefulnoob, 29 March 2016 - 01:52 PM.

EoPZnYh.png

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:03 PM

Hey, good job.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#4 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:29 PM

Oh hey, I'm glad I was able to help two years ago. :p

Also, good on you for posting the link to what helped you resolve this. It's good form as it may very well make it easier for the next person to figure out!

Edited by Kwen, 29 March 2016 - 09:30 PM.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#5 vengefulnoob

vengefulnoob
  • Project Team
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:04 AM

Thanks, Kwen and Mathijs! Glad I managed to figure it out. Problem is, now what to do with those passengerbones.

EoPZnYh.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users