Photo

RA3: 'CA public key patching routine failed'

c&c ra3

Best Answer Plokite_Wolf, 29 August 2016 - 08:47 AM

Unhook RA3 in the C&C:Online launcher before attempting to patch. (I hope you're not using Steam or Origin, in which case your problem is definitely something else). Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ECOWARRIOR1471

ECOWARRIOR1471
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:33 PM

NOTE:

- Have already read this thread (https://forums.revor...ssues-solutions) and tried to set the launcher to Windows XP (also all the other options) but to no avail.

- Installed Ra3 via a disk

Game: Red Alert 3 (Ra3)

Version: Normal

Error: When I open Ra3 from the desktop shortcut as the administrator, it leads to the C&C online launcher. When I click on Ra3 the error 'CA public key patching routine failed' appears. Ra3 then opens normally but I am greeted with the message 'Patch available: An update to Red Alert 3 is available, and is required for you to play online. Press OK to exit the game and download the update now...' However when i press 'OK', Ra3 closes and the pop-up appears saying 'There are no patches available for download'. 

Operating System: Windows 10

Error Log File:

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----

Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Red Alert 3\
Started game with: ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Red Alert 3\RA3.exe" "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Red Alert 3. Detaching...
Found game.dat process. PID 5588
*** Starting CA public key patching routine ***
ERROR: CA public key differs from expected value. Not patching.
ERROR: CA public key patching routine failed.

Other info: When I clicked to hook Ra3, it does not let me unhook it unless I uninstall C&C online (the C&C online app is up-to-date)

#2 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:10 AM

Error: When I open Ra3 from the desktop shortcut as the administrator, it leads to the C&C online launcher. When I click on Ra3 the error 'CA public key patching routine failed' appears. Ra3 then opens normally but I am greeted with the message 'Patch available: An update to Red Alert 3 is available, and is required for you to play online. Press OK to exit the game and download the update now...' However when i press 'OK', Ra3 closes and the pop-up appears saying 'There are no patches available for download'.

Manually patch the game to version 1.12 from here: http://www.gamerepla...ide&tab=9861505

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#3 ECOWARRIOR1471

ECOWARRIOR1471
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:16 AM

Hi, thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I am not too good with computers so I don't fully understand what to do. I have downloaded the patch from the link and opened it (forced me to extract it before i ran it as an administrator). It then loaded the C&C online launcher but when i clicked on Ra3 it the message appears 'Internal error - patch not available'. When I close this and load up Ra3 (from the desktop icon as administrator), it redirects me to the C&C online launcher as usual and the initial error of CA public key patch routine fails appears.

I was wondering if I have followed the steps correctly? Or whether i need to do anything with the patched .exe file? (such as moving it to a different folder or loading it in a different way/restarting my comp first).

#4 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:47 AM   Best Answer

Unhook RA3 in the C&C:Online launcher before attempting to patch. (I hope you're not using Steam or Origin, in which case your problem is definitely something else).

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#5 ECOWARRIOR1471

ECOWARRIOR1471
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:05 PM

Thanks a lot, this fix worked perfectly and can now play online with no problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users