Photo

C&C RA3 [Unable to launch] - Path is incorrect!

Best Answer Ghost-2-Ghost, 29 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

You could try to reinstall the game (that would fix the registry entries containing game location), or you can edit registry manually:
Press [Win]+R, write regedit in the "Run" prompt and press Enter.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\Red Alert 3
You should see a value called something like "Install path" or "Installation dir", just edit this value.

Worked like a charm! Thank you very much. 
ps: I reinstalled the game twice, just forgot to mention it.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost-2-Ghost

Ghost-2-Ghost
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 02:17 AM

I have the Disc version of Red Alert 3. The game works fine running Windows 10.
I cant launch it through C&C:Online Revora launcher and the problem is the following:

Copy from CNCOnline_Log.txt

Red Alert 3 Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Red Alert 3\
ERROR: CreateProcess() failed to start C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Red Alert 3\RA3.exe. Error: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.

It is unable to find the path. The game never was installed on this path, how can I change the directory in the launcher?
The game is located at: X:\Games\Red Alert 3
I cant move the game to "C..." because this is my SSD for Windows.

Hooking up isnt working, it only launches C&C Online Revora and nothing happens. All I need is to change the directory from the game in the launcher.

Edited by Ghost-2-Ghost, 29 January 2017 - 02:18 AM.

#2 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts
  •  C&C:Online Red Alert 3 Player~

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:04 AM

You could try to reinstall the game (that would fix the registry entries containing game location), or you can edit registry manually:
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\Red Alert 3
You should see a value called something like "Install path" or "Installation dir", just edit this value.
post-219586-1446648251.png

#3 Ghost-2-Ghost

Ghost-2-Ghost
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:58 PM   Best Answer

Worked like a charm! Thank you very much. 
ps: I reinstalled the game twice, just forgot to mention it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users