Photo

Installation error: could not write value to key

Best Answer ckzhang119, 04 March 2017 - 06:49 AM

Just solved the problem. It seems that the error message about key value is irrelevant. Just use the patch for ultimate collection bundle and start cnc online as admin, then my RA3 can be launched from cnc online launcher directly. 

Thanks so much!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ckzhang119

ckzhang119
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:31 AM

Hi, 

I'm getting error message during installation of the launcher, saying: 

"Could not write value Debugger to key \Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\generals.exe. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

I'm using Windows 10, and my account is the administrator account, so I don't see why I don't have access.

Also, I'm running Red Alert 3 (ver 1.12) from Origin. I got it in a bundle from EA and each time the game has to be launched from EA's launcher to choose between RA3 and RA3 uprising. I'm not sure if that has to do with the problem. 

If I ignore the error and start the launcher, which shows 4 error messages for generals.exe, CNC3.exe, CNC3EP1.exe and RA3.exe, then I got the following in the log after attempting to use hook and launch RA3: 

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\
Started game with: "RA3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Red Alert 3. Detaching...
ERROR: game.dat process not found.

Thanks.

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:31 AM

That is very likely your anti-virus software causing that problem. Please try to disable it before you install. I should say that you may need to go further and remove the software before you install as some AV software will remain sufficiently active even when disabled to cause an issue there.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts
  •  C&C:Online Red Alert 3 Player~

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

Also, since you got RA3 from the ultimate collection bundle, you need to install its fixed launchers: http://bibber.eu/dow...tion-launchers/
post-219586-1446648251.png

#4 ckzhang119

ckzhang119
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:49 AM   Best Answer

Just solved the problem. It seems that the error message about key value is irrelevant. Just use the patch for ultimate collection bundle and start cnc online as admin, then my RA3 can be launched from cnc online launcher directly. 

Thanks so much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users