Photo

RA3 Cannot connect to online services

Best Answer Oo_1Eagles1_oO, 19 May 2017 - 08:15 PM

Somehow it fixed itself today! A big thanks to everyone that tried to help me  :thumbsuphappy:

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts
  •  C&C:Online Red Alert 3 Player~

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

I've looked at the log. You are failing to make the connection to the Peer Chat port and that may very well be (although not necessarily) because the port is blocked by your provider.

You could try using a VPN. You can google for a free VPN. See this post for some options. You will find different solutions on google, which may suit you better depending on where you are.

Before you do that, please check that the IP address in Options->Settings->Network is either "No IP Address" or one on the network you use to connect to the internet. It should start 192.168 or 10. If it does not, try changing it to "No IP Address".

that worked and me and my dad got online but then in Online we got an error that says" connections are in progress, or connection problem detected. Please wait for the connection to finish, or kick the player with the connection problem failed connect 1-2."can you help?

Firstly, you may try to let you and you dad use different VPN servers (of same VPN).

If that doesn't work, then you and your dad may need to use other VPNs.

BTW are you able to play versus other players (not your dad)?

I can play with randoms online so yes :/ but of course still not my dad! Does it have anything to do with the VPN being to slow? 

If you can play with other people, it means that your VPN is ok.

Probably it's because you and your dad are using the same VPN, so you two will have the same external IP address, and the server can't distinguish between you two. Try to use one VPN for you and another VPN for your dad.

post-219586-1446648251.png

#22 Oo_1Eagles1_oO

Oo_1Eagles1_oO
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

well that didnt work we tried to use different vpns and it didnt work again :/

P.S. when we tried playing with other people is was laggy af (not in the sane lobby) but when we r together it doesn't work 

#23 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

Do you have a DMZ or port forwarding settings on your modem? That could result in only one of you being able to play. Also, only one of you should be using the VPN. The idea is to get you on different IP addresses to trick you modem into not trying to connect between you over your local network but over the internet instead. If your Dad is not able to play without the VPN, you could consider each using a different VPN so, again, you appear to have different IP addresses.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#24 Oo_1Eagles1_oO

Oo_1Eagles1_oO
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

Do you have a DMZ or port forwarding settings on your modem? That could result in only one of you being able to play. Also, only one of you should be using the VPN. The idea is to get you on different IP addresses to trick you modem into not trying to connect between you over your local network but over the internet instead. If your Dad is not able to play without the VPN, you could consider each using a different VPN so, again, you appear to have different IP addresses.

we have all our devices on DMZ and we don't have anything port forwarded. We are using a different VPN but it didn't do anything to help, im using security kiss tunnel and he is using Windscribe :(

Edited by Oo_1Eagles1_oO, 02 March 2017 - 08:58 PM.

#25 Oo_1Eagles1_oO

Oo_1Eagles1_oO
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:23 PM

well i guess you can't help me further?

#26 Godfather-Laurynas

Godfather-Laurynas
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

Windows PowerShell
Copyright © 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Users\Laury> TEST-NETCONNECTION PEERCHAT.SERVER.CNC-ONLINE.NET -PORT 6667

ComputerName     : PEERCHAT.SERVER.CNC-ONLINE.NET
RemoteAddress    : 46.166.178.165
RemotePort       : 6667
InterfaceAlias   : Ethernet
SourceAddress    : 192.168.0.10
TcpTestSucceeded : True

its ok or not?

Edited by Godfather-Laurynas, 09 April 2017 - 07:32 PM.

#27 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:59 AM

well i guess you can't help me further?

Try some different services. There are plenty more around than those two and some will work better than others, depending on where you are located. Don't set a DMZ if two of you are playing on the same network. That is bound not to work. I am sorry that I suggested that before. It gets rather muddled in here, particularly when other people's topics get hijacked.   :evilthinkin: 

Windows PowerShell
Copyright © 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Users\Laury> TEST-NETCONNECTION PEERCHAT.SERVER.CNC-ONLINE.NET -PORT 6667

ComputerName     : PEERCHAT.SERVER.CNC-ONLINE.NET
RemoteAddress    : 46.166.178.165
RemotePort       : 6667
InterfaceAlias   : Ethernet
SourceAddress    : 192.168.0.10
TcpTestSucceeded : True

its ok or not?

It's OK so far. Please make your own topic and post your error log though. See How to Report Issues for instructions.

This might be helpful too; C&C:Online User Guide.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#28 Oo_1Eagles1_oO

Oo_1Eagles1_oO
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:15 PM   Best Answer

Somehow it fixed itself today! A big thanks to everyone that tried to help me  :thumbsuphappy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users