Photo

Problem to add my own terrain texture to worldbuilder?

Best Answer Glorfindel23, 11 June 2017 - 08:22 AM

Problem solved: This was just an exportation setting problem, I used gimp 2.8 and I forget to remove the compression setting before export.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Glorfindel23

Glorfindel23
  • Project Team
  • 157 posts
  • Projects:Glorfindel23's Submod + MapsPack and The Horse Lords

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

Hi! I need help please.
I want to add custom terrain texture to worldbuilder I describe my path:

1) I created a folder "An Edain SubMod\art\terrain"
2) In it I put my texture file named "tstone_MTsubmod.tga"
3) In the folder "C:\An Edain SubMod\data\ini" I modified the file "terrain.ini" whith this line #include "\includes\Terrain_Submod.inc"
4) I created a files named "Terrain_Submod.inc" in folder "C:\An Edain SubMod\data\ini\includes" and in it I wrote:

Terrain MinasTirith01_Submod
  Texture = tstone_MTsubmod.tga
  Class = Type Misc
End

But when I go in worldbuilder I've this message:
Sans titre.png

Some help would be very helpfull.

(It will  be good if one moderator of the forum can delete my old topic here: https://forums.revor...o-worldbuilder/  I mistaken of forum section)

Edited by Glorfindel23, 05 June 2017 - 04:56 PM.

mini_175165Glorfindel23Cover.jpg

31062.png

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:44 AM

Unless you are doing something wrong elsewhere, the only thing that is different to what works is using an include file instead of modifying the terrain.ini file.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 Glorfindel23

Glorfindel23
  • Project Team
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:26 AM

Thanks for help I will try to use terrain.ini.

I also observe something, when I update my asset.dat it update the folder "compiledetexture" and "w3d" but not my folder "terrain". I think it don't detect it.

Edited by Glorfindel23, 07 June 2017 - 09:33 AM.

31062.png

#4 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:06 PM

Interestingly an asset.dat isn't needed for terrains. ;)

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#5 Glorfindel23

Glorfindel23
  • Project Team
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:59 PM

I trying again the same things with the same way than the other time but now without include file.
The result is the same, worldbuilder say me than the texture is missing... I will try to find solution.

31062.png

#6 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:54 PM

So you added the terrain to terrain.ini?

There must be something wrong because it is possible to add a terrain. I've added 57 varieties of ice since last we chatted.

#7 Glorfindel23

Glorfindel23
  • Project Team
  • 157 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:22 AM   Best Answer

Problem solved: This was just an exportation setting problem, I used gimp 2.8 and I forget to remove the compression setting before export.

Edited by Glorfindel23, 27 June 2018 - 06:04 PM.

31062.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users