Photo

[Bug] Erebor faction bugs in v3.0

Best Answer Mathijs, 01 August 2018 - 12:17 PM

1) Probably unfixable

2), 3), 4), 5), we are aware of AI issues, we'll try to fix them over time.

6) Fixed in 3.1

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The_Nazgul

The_Nazgul
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:37 AM

Hey there.

I've played as your lovely Erebor faction for more than 10 times so far and there are few bugs i wanted to report;

1-You can Trample Iron Hills warriors front line [spearmen] without any trample revenge damage and a high knock back effect!
2-Fili "Hidden Blade" and Wyrm Slayers final power have the same problem as Dain's "Baruk Khazad" ability, when you use them they often don't work but the icon says you just used that ability! 
3-"Counselor of Kings" for balin also doesn't seems to be working!? it has no effect, while in campaign it seems fine!
4-Every experience power grants experience for hero units except for kili! (Tried roac, celeborn, boromir, faramir, imrahil, saruman and the great goblin and they all do the same job)

#2 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 22 July 2018 - 05:17 AM

1. Will look at

2. Unfixable as far as we know.

3. Counselor of Kings cannot be targeted on himself, only other heroes. Marked for edit.

4. Kili only grants experience to dwarves. It's in the power description

#3 Thranduil_King

Thranduil_King
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:38 AM

Greetings team

I would like to write some bugs or details that this new release have, emphasizing that i usually play the most against the CPU:

1) Treasure of Thror can only be taken by whoever except the CPU, even if the CPU make this power, as an extra detail is that sometimes the CPU make that power around its fortress, so sometimes the dragon destroys many buildings of the same dwarves, i know, it is the risk of taking the treasure, tha's the problem, they can not take it, in fact they do not even go to want to take it.

2) CPU makes Giant bats, but they never use them, all bats stay where they are created and they are never used by the CPU, so, this can cause them to take command points to create these beings and that sooner or later their command points reach the limit and can not do more things.

3) This new update brought a problem that seems logical, if there is no increase in the command points, the CPU creates and creates troops without much control, this is not all bad because the game could be more challenging, but the issue of this is that they give almost all their resources to create armies and do not usually leave a little to defend themselves and above all improve their Fortress, it can take around 2 hours or much longer for them to have their strength improved. This situation generates not being able to see in action the Iroon Warriors (enemy or ally) until the CPU improves the Arkestone for example. Even I do not know if the CPU uses the power in Misty Mountains to make many Goblins. You could make some change... make at least that all the factions save some resources to be able to improve their fortress more quickly, at least the last update

4) CPU never makes walls (Gondor, Isengard and Erebor of course), did you change any of this from the original game? this is something important.

5) The initial limit control points caused certain things that change in the gameplay of matches in general, 2 things are the most notorious for me: Gondor usually makes a huge amount of army quickly, is the faction that i have noticed more create army, 2 games I have played, taking Gondor as an ally and enemy and Gondor creates many troops quickly and takes a long time to improve their defense or fortress, even seeing the map you see a huge number of areas of the color that I choose for Gondor always. While on the other hand Misty Mountains is almost the opposite, is dedicated to generating resources and builds a large number of wells and takes about 3 or 4 minutes to build its first barracks, which makes it an extremely easy prey to attack.

Something extra of this point ... I do not know if only I notice in the game but, the game behaves differently if I have control points from x2 onwards,  they do not attack as always, they take a long time to protect their territory, improve, his powers do not always use all or if they use them are few times, etc, i don't know, details like that.

In fact this part caused me some disappointment when i played the new update, because i did not feel that i played with the amm "the same program" and something that I liked about this mod is that the way to play, I mean, the way that the CPU attacks, defends, improves, etc. is the same as the original, not like other mods, I would like to keep that part ... as I said I do not know if I'm just me.

6) Finally, the synchronization problem, that i am aware that they know, I do not know the reason, i tried to play with original maps and even then there was synchronization error when playing with another computer in a local network, however, we played a match, selecting the control points in x1 and there was no problem "apparently" in the synchronization, we could played up to almost 1 hour, while the previous times was only 14 minutes, so for this reason i'm sure this issue it could be by the CP. Some suggestion for this would be: What if you change the command points that you originally granted when building a resource source? if you get higher CP when building a farm (for example) than it was originally, perhaps this way they would not have to analyze the failure of this.

Thank you so much for read this, it would mean a lot to consider or take into account what i mention, this is my favorite game and you are doing it even more… over time I will be editing this comment if I find more details or problems like these, I would just like to have the best experience when playing this wonderful and fancy mod. As always sorry if my English is not good

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:17 PM   Best Answer

1) Probably unfixable

6) Fixed in 3.1

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#5 Thranduil_King

Thranduil_King
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:41 AM

1) Probably unfixable

6) Fixed in 3.1

Hi
Thank you very much for the reading time and the answers.

I constantly play this mod since it is the best and the more corrections, balances and features have none other can overcome. I just want to give my experience so that those details could be polished.

The problem that all factions (except Misty Mountains i think) they take too long to improve their Fortress, i am very sure that it is because they do not have a close limit to create troops, therefore they create and create and until they reach the limit is when they improve because they have resources to spare. However, notice another problem, after 50/45 minutes the CPU very rarely recreates/revives heroes or only relives weak heroes.

Some say it depends on the map, but many times i've played, my enemy/allied have the ring and they never create the hero-ring, especially smaug and sauron, my theory is the same as problem with improving fortress.

Well, finally, the problem of giant vampires, the important thing with this is that Misty Mountains creates and creates vampires and since they never use them they only consume their CP and then they can not do anything anymore.

I would like to be a Tester to be able to support you in the details, but I know you have many already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users