Photo

C&C Red Alert 3 - CA public key patching routine failed.

Best Answer Marszalek, 15 February 2019 - 08:48 PM

FIXED!!!

Had to go into the steam local files, change compatibility mode for the runme.exe and ra3.exe files to Windows XP (SP3). Once they were all set to this, I was able to launch the C&C Online launcher by clicking on the icon on my desktop, the game launched after about a 20 second delay without any issues.

Currently logged in, I closed the game and restarted everything to see if it was fixed. Appears so.

Attached is a screenshot of where you can find the local files for novices such as I who may be having the same issue:

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Marszalek

Marszalek
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:04 PM

Hey! Bought the game, loved the solo campaign, decided to buy it for a friend so we could co-op campaign together.

I'm running Windows 7, have made sure the C&C Launcher is set to run in XP, have read the common issues pinned post, and am unable to launch the game.

Windows 7 Enterprise

Steam version of C&C - bought it standalone.

Error log messages (I noted that if I repeatedly attempt to launch the game, it maps PID progress but gives the CA public key error, twice I've gotten the CA error to go away, but the game crashes) :

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\
Started game with: "RA3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Red Alert 3. Detaching...
Found game.dat process. PID 5480
*** Starting CA public key patching routine ***
ERROR: Reading process memory failed. Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

ERROR: Reading process memory failed. Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

ERROR: CA public key differs from expected value. Not patching.
ERROR: CA public key patching routine failed.

Red Alert 3 Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\
Found game.dat process. PID 54801080

Found game.dat process. PID 548010801076

ERROR: game.dat process not found.

#2 Marszalek

Marszalek
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:48 PM   Best Answer

FIXED!!!

Had to go into the steam local files, change compatibility mode for the runme.exe and ra3.exe files to Windows XP (SP3). Once they were all set to this, I was able to launch the C&C Online launcher by clicking on the icon on my desktop, the game launched after about a 20 second delay without any issues.

Currently logged in, I closed the game and restarted everything to see if it was fixed. Appears so.

Attached is a screenshot of where you can find the local files for novices such as I who may be having the same issue:

Edited by Marszalek, 15 February 2019 - 08:54 PM.

#3 Marszalek

Marszalek
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:53 PM

RA3-FIX.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users